Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015

3 posts in this topic

Are you kidding me? Our country is going to hell, terrorists to the left of us, refugees to the right of us, bridges, roads,and damns are crumbling, the governments spending like a bunch of drunk sailors, vets cant get healthcare, people are unemployed and we pay these clown politicians to pass legislation on Soap beads? My head is ready to explode!!!!!

Senate votes to ban microbeads in soap

The Senate has approved legislation to ban plastic microbeads from bath products like soaps and body washes. 

The Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015 passed by unanimous consent Wednesday morning, almost two weeks after the bill sailed through the House.

The legislation, now headed to the president’s desk, aims to protect the nation's lakes and streams from getting clogged with the little pieces of plastic that easily pass through water filtration systems.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who applauded the Senate for passing the bill introduced by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), said an estimated eight trillion tiny plastic microbeads have entered the country’s waterways, threatening aquatic life.

More:

http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/263762-seante-votes-to-ban-microbeads-in-soap

I suppose Nestle complained that microbeads were messing up their plans for draining off all our fresh water... 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.