Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Lawsuit filed to prevent removal of Confederate-era monuments

12 posts in this topic

NEW ORLEANS -- Hours after Mayor Mitch Landrieu signed a controversial ordinance to declare four Confederate monument public nuisances, a group of preservationists filed a federal lawsuit looking to stop their removals before they can begin.

The plaintiffs’ move was likely planned well ahead of time, considering the scope of the lawsuit, and something the Landrieu administration expected. A city spokesman noted in an afternoon news release that the administration recognized at least one of the monuments, the Battle of Liberty Place obelisk, is protected under a prior federal order.

In the 12-count, 51-page filing, the plaintiffs ask a federal judge to issue a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction and permanent injunction against Landrieu and the city, “barring them from removing, disassembling, placing into storage or tampering in any way with” the Robert E. Lee, P.G.T. Beauregard, Jefferson Davis and Liberty Place monuments.

“The Lee Monument, the Beauregard equestrian monument, the Jefferson Davis monument and the Liberty Monument were explicitly erected to preserve, foster and promote the historic and cultural origins of the citizens of New Orleans and the residents of Louisiana,” the suit reads.

<snip>

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/local/orleans/2015/12/17/first-lawsuit-filed-against-landrieu-city-after-vote-to-removed-confederate-monuments/77514082/

Sorry, idiots, don't pick and choose your historical monuments. If you take one down then they all should come down in every single state in the union. Deny the wars too and take down the Vietnam War Memorial and rename Arlington Cemetery. All the presidential libraries should be renamed as well because some of those presidents were racists.

Oh, all the Egyptian references and architecture are offensive too and should be demolished.

The nuisance is the French heritage mayor with no balls!

1 person likes this

Why TF do people think they can re-write history by removing the things that tell the story.  History is done, it is water under the bridge and cannot hurt anyone.  We ALL need to teach our children history and ensure that the learn form and draw from the knowledge.  If we do not learn from history we will inevitably repeat the mistakes and get bamboozled by propaganda to believe that which the "man" wants us to believe and follow.

There's a lot of pissed off people here in Louisiana today because of the removal approval. I'm on of them. You can't just up bs erase history especially when you're version if history is false. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Groove said:

There's a lot of pissed off people here in Louisiana today because of the removal approval. I'm on of them. You can't just up bs erase history especially when you're version if history is false. 

Sorry, all out of green-ones!

Not so much false as what it is manipulated, massaged and purposefully misconstrued to deliberately derail people who are not well informed of the truth - even if the truth is not always what you may want it to be, it MUST be documented verbatim and taught in order to get a better next generation and not an indoctrinated one!

1 person likes this

Martin Luther King was a plagiarist, a cheater, a liar, a drunk. And probably a commie.

His statues offend me. Remove and destroy them all, like ISIS is doing to Buddha statues and other ancient relics.  I demand that MLK's name be taken off all the bridges, roads, and buildings all over the country. Now!!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, grav said:

Martin Luther King was a plagiarist, a cheater, a liar, a drunk. And probably a commie.

His statues offend me. Remove and destroy them all, like ISIS is doing to Buddha statues and other ancient relics.  I demand that MLK's name be taken off all the bridges, roads, and buildings all over the country. Now!!!

Lol my buddy at work just said this same thing. He was saying "by their logic I want them I remove all mention of Obama as he offend me as an American" haha. 

1 person likes this

I have many fond memories of the Lee Circle statue. It's where people meet for Mardi Gras. Stupid stupid people. Mitch Landrieu, what a piece of work that creature is!

Lee didn't want the war. Slavery, states' rights, the Norths' mistreatment of the South, Manifest Destiny -- all contributed to the watershed moment in American history when Abe effectively destroyed the Constitution by enforcing federal control. The 50 STATES are now one tyrannical nation ruled by a puppet and a Congress of puppets.

This is so 1984. Let me quote from my FE thread, an except from George Orwell's book about the future and group think. He was wrong about the date,  but the rest is right on. It was published in 1948.

1984, George Orwell

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Authors/Part_Three_1984.html

O'Brien silenced him by a movement of the hand. "We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn-by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation-anything.  I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wished to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth century ideas about the laws of nature. We make the laws of nature.". . . .

"But the whole universe is outside us. Look at the stars! Some of them are a million light-years away. They are out of our reach forever."

"What are the stars?" said O'Brien indifferently. "They are bits of fire a few kilometers away. We could reach them if we wanted to. Or we could blot them out. The earth is the center of the universe. The sun and the stars go round it.". . . . When we navigate the ocean, or when we predict an eclipse, we often find it convenient to assume that the earth goes round the sun and that the stars are millions upon millions of kilometers away. But what of it? Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?"

2 people like this

4 hours ago, grav said:

Lol! Yeah but how would I know what street NOT to turn down if you do that!?

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Lol! Yeah but how would I know what street NOT to turn down if you do that!?

Damn you for beating me to it!!!  Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

2 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Damn you for beating me to it!!!  Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Lol! Great minds think alike ?

8 hours ago, FalkeAuge said:

Why TF do people think they can re-write history by removing the things that tell the story.  History is done, it is water under the bridge and cannot hurt anyone.  We ALL need to teach our children history and ensure that the learn form and draw from the knowledge.  If we do not learn from history we will inevitably repeat the mistakes and get bamboozled by propaganda to believe that which the "man" wants us to believe and follow.

That kind of history is not allowed because it foments a sense of rebellion and we must all be neutered. If they succeed at this, no one will know what really happened or why it happened. I'm surprised they've not started burning books yet! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.