Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

US calls on Turkey to withdraw ‘unauthorized’ troops from Iraq

9 posts in this topic

The US has urged Turkey to withdraw its “unauthorized” military forces from northern Iraq, calling on Ankara to respect the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

US Vice President Joe Biden has spoken to Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi regarding Turkey’s troop deployments.

“The Vice President reaffirmed the United States’ commitment to Iraqi sovereignty and territorial integrity and called on Turkey to do the same by withdrawing any military forces from Iraqi territory that have not been authorized by the Iraqi government,” the White House said in a statement.

The call between Biden and al-Abadi came two days after the Vice President’s talk with Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu.

https://www.rt.com/news/326172-us-turkey-troops-iraq/

I posted about this the other day when it was only Iraq making the demand that they leave because the Iraqi government saw the Turkish troops there as an incursion into Iraqi territory. Now the U.S., a NATO member, has to "urge" them to get out. 

Just in! Putin Praises Trump!!! http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/17/politics/russia-putin-trump/index.html

"Donald Trump has said that he would "get along very well" with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Apparently, the feeling is mutual.

Putin offered high praise for the billionaire businessman turned Republican presidential front-runner on Thursday during an annual news conference with reporters.

"He is a bright and talented person without any doubt," Putin said, adding that Trump is "an outstanding and talented personality."

And in remarks closely mirroring Trump's own assessment of the race, Putin also offered his assessment of the U.S. presidential campaign, calling Trump "the absolute leader of the presidential race,"

:yah:

20 minutes ago, BlueHawK said:

Just in! Putin Praises Trump!!! http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/17/politics/russia-putin-trump/index.html

"Donald Trump has said that he would "get along very well" with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Apparently, the feeling is mutual.

Putin offered high praise for the billionaire businessman turned Republican presidential front-runner on Thursday during an annual news conference with reporters.

"He is a bright and talented person without any doubt," Putin said, adding that Trump is "an outstanding and talented personality."

And in remarks closely mirroring Trump's own assessment of the race, Putin also offered his assessment of the U.S. presidential campaign, calling Trump "the absolute leader of the presidential race,"

:yah:

The bro-mance Putin and Trump will have will be more epic than Blair/Bush. You can bank on that.

That said, I still disbelieve Trump will be president. Though, it would be a nice change of pace. Maybe go back to getting stuff done and not worrying about the PC side of it. PC ruins everything. It really does. And it hides behind "Well, that's a good idea", and then slams on the gas pedal until they run the car into a brick wall known as "reality". 

Just now, Last1oftheJedi said:

The bro-mance Putin and Trump will have will be more epic than Blair/Bush. You can bank on that.

That said, I still disbelieve Trump will be president. Though, it would be a nice change of pace. Maybe go back to getting stuff done and not worrying about the PC side of it. PC ruins everything. It really does. And it hides behind "Well, that's a good idea", and then slams on the gas pedal until they run the car into a brick wall known as "reality". 

Yeah, I'm back & forth between thinking if this mutual admiration society of two is scary or maybe hope. Trump is yet another egomaniac, not entirely sure if Putin isn't as well. I agree, if nothing else it'll be Different ;-)

28 minutes ago, BlueHawK said:

Yeah, I'm back & forth between thinking if this mutual admiration society of two is scary or maybe hope. Trump is yet another egomaniac, not entirely sure if Putin isn't as well. I agree, if nothing else it'll be Different ;-)

You know I think it's safe to assume that Trump is in it for Trump. Now with that said he's from here and I feel he genuinely cares about the U.S. I think he sees what's going on and wants us to stay on top and feels that an opportunity has presented it's self to were he can come in and secure his country and make even more money at the same time. I don't know what kind of investments he has in Russia now but I guarantee if he becomes president he'll be making plenty of deals to make sure him and the U.S stay on top and that businesses start booming. Again Trumps looking to make even more billions as the president. But also realizes he can make more money while hopefully putting us on the path to success by closing borders and getting us to make things again. Pipe dream? Maybe. But that's my.02?

11 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

You know I think it's safe to assume that Trump is in it for Trump. Now with that said he's from here and I feel he genuinely cares about the U.S. I think he sees what's going on and wants us to stay on top and feels that an opportunity has presented it's self to were he can come in and secure his country and make even more money at the same time. I don't know what kind of investments he has in Russia now but I guarantee if he becomes president he'll be making plenty of deals to make sure him and the U.S stay on top and that businesses start booming. Again Trumps looking to make even more billions as the president. But also realizes he can make more money while hopefully putting us on the path to success by closing borders and getting us to make things again. Pipe dream? Maybe. But that's my.02?

I feel the same way!!!Trump is a buissness man first,but maybe thats what this country needs,put us back on top of things and stop all this pc bs!!!

13 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I feel the same way!!!Trump is a buissness man first,but maybe thats what this country needs,put us back on top of things and stop all this pc bs!!!

Yup!!?

I'm starting to think it just might work all around. B-) Not used to actually hoping, well, the last two terms at least, this is new ;-)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.