Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cryptid Mold

This Is What A Financial Crisis Looks Like

12 posts in this topic

This Is What A Financial Crisis Looks Like:

Michael Snyder
December 14th, 2015

Just within the past few days, three major high yield funds have completely imploded, and panic is spreading rapidly on Wall Street.  Funds run by Third Avenue Management and Stone Lion Capital Partners have suspended payments to investors, and a fund run by Lucidus Capital Partners has liquidated its entire portfolio.  We are witnessing a race for the exits unlike anything that we have seen since the great financial crash of 2008, and many of those that choose to hesitate are going to end up getting totally wiped out.  In case you are wondering, this is what a financial crisis looks like.  In 2008, other global stock markets started to tumble, then junk bonds began to crash, and finally U.S. stocks followed.  The exact same pattern is playing out again, and the carnage that we have seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

Read More: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/this-is-what-a-financial-crisis-looks-like?utm_term=%23economiccollapse

Good article.  I watched my parents lose about 1mil in 08... not a pretty picture for two people whow worked hard their entire lives, were successful and you'd never even know it.  They saved, saved and saved some more so they could live the good life when they retired.  They are still fine and have recovered some of their losses... but it sucks to see that happen.  

I was actually thinking about this last night.  Where did all that money go that everyone lost?  Who got rich off that deal?  

27 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

Good article.  I watched my parents lose about 1mil in 08... not a pretty picture for two people whow worked hard their entire lives, were successful and you'd never even know it.  They saved, saved and saved some more so they could live the good life when they retired.  They are still fine and have recovered some of their losses... but it sucks to see that happen.  

I was actually thinking about this last night.  Where did all that money go that everyone lost?  Who got rich off that deal?  

Probably to the banks that use that high frequency trading programs and are too big to fail.

Another point I'd like to throw out is that the same folks are also the ones artificially suppressing the price of Precious metals. Buy doing so it makes the stock market look appealing to the average joe. Making it seem like the safest bet and as soon as they feel they've got enough. They pull the plug on their little game and ruin countless lives within seconds.

In this type of environment, the Federal Reserve would have to be completely insane to raise interest rates.

Unfortunately, that appears to be exactly what is going to happen.

If the Fed raises rates, that is going to make corporate debt defaults even more likely and will almost certainly drive high-yield bonds down even further…

Thanks, Janet, ya old pirate.

3 hours ago, Quick1966 said:

Another point I'd like to throw out is that the same folks are also the ones artificially suppressing the price of Precious metals. Buy doing so it makes the stock market look appealing to the average joe. Making it seem like the safest bet and as soon as they feel they've got enough. They pull the plug on their little game and ruin countless lives within seconds.

I would be careful owning too much gold and silver. They'll come a point when only the institutions will be allowed to do any transactions, and that right will be taken away from the public. I sold 90% of what I owned for that reason. Purchase the things you know you'll need now, and not later.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I would be careful owning too much gold and silver. They'll come a point when only the institutions will be allowed to do any transactions, and that right will be taken away from the public. I sold 90% of what I owned for that reason. Purchase the things you know you'll need now, and not later.

Institutions can not stop the people from using gold and sliver to barter with if it comes to that.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Unless you live in a state like Texas that just passed legislation for their own depository allowing citizens to conduct transactions from their vaulted PMs.

6 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

You mean like back in the 30s right? Yeah I'm heavily invested in myself with welding and various tools for repair of just about anything. But do you think that we would also an black market were metals would be useful to barter? You know something like what's currently going on in Greese and Venezuela.

Well as I was told, and the reason I have sold most of what I own was because there will be a crackdown on ownership of any and all metals, and you will only be allowed to sell to the institutions with no private transactions. That's not to say there will not be a black market, but who will control prices? You can bet that the price will not be a fair one to the one who is doing the buying with the precious metals as the new black market currency.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

59 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I invest heavily in lead.  Hard to eat gold.  If it was the end, I would be hard pressed to accept gold or silver from someone in exchange for food, ammo, shelter...whatever.  I see both sides of it though.  Precious metals have always had a value.  I'm sure they still will, but not to me.  I like more usable goods.  Food, ammo, shelter that sort of thing.  I'm also a huge proponent of one simple idea for any person that is preparing for a WROL situation.  Prep for what you know!!  Use your skills as a way to barter.  An example would be, if you have the ability to make bio diesel, prep for the ability to continue that.  Barter with it for the things you need.  That's one example of an endless list of things you could prep for.  Food for thought.  

I've been in the dark lawless corners of this world, regardless of what you see on the outside, a natural order always emerges.  People will always need things.  

Edited by Walk Softly
1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

You mean like back in the 30s right? Yeah I'm heavily invested in myself with welding and various tools for repair of just about anything. But do you think that we would also an black market were metals would be useful to barter? You know something like what's currently going on in Greese and Venezuela.

Skills and building materials are excellent barter items!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.