Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Complicit in Aiding Terrorism

6 posts in this topic

Well, here we go, been waiting for these guys to start showing up!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article49022855.html

"UANTANAMO BAY NAVY BASE, Cuba

A former Guantánamo detainee who was released to Sudan after a war court guilty plea has emerged in a key position in Al-Qaida of the Arabian Peninsula, according to an expert on jihadist movements.

“He’s clearly a religious leader in the group,” said Aaron Zelin, senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy who edits the Jihadology blog. He found Guantánamo 2002-12 detainee Ibrahim al Qosi — his photo and his biography — on the latest video release from the offshoot of Osama bin Laden’s organization, “Guardians of Shariah.”

"Obama administration officials did not confirm or deny the apparent case of recidivism, which was first reported on the Long War Journal website Wednesday.

The video included Qosi’s biography and said he joined the jihad in Yemen in December 2014. It also said he was close to bin Laden “until he was imprisoned in Guantánamo in 2001.” Qosi, now 55, arrived at the detention center on Jan. 13, 2002, according to documents obtained by McClatchy Newspapers from the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks. He pleaded guilty to foot soldier war crimes in 2010 in exchange for release in 2012."

"Qosi’s former U.S. attorney, Paul Reichler, told the Miami Herald on Wednesday that he had not been in touch with the Sudanese man since Qosi left the U.S. Navy base prison for Sudan in July 2012.

“I was told by a Sudanese lawyer a year ago that al Qosi was working as a taxi driver in Khartoum,” Reichler said by email. “I have received no information about his activities since then, and I do not know what he has been doing, or where he is living.”

At the time of Qosi’s return to Sudan, Reichler said he looked forward to being reunited with his wife and family, including two daughters, “and live among them in peace, quiet and freedom.” His wife at the time was the daughter of a former chief bodyguard to bin Laden.

On the AQAP tape, Qosi opines in Arabic on the evolving globalization of jihad. His comments were translated for the Herald by a journalist who is fluent in Arabic.

“As the U.S. has waged war on us remotely as a solution to minimize its casualties, we have fought it remotely, as well by individual jihad,” he is heard saying. “And as the U.S. has killed our men, we have killed its people. But it is not the same. Our dead are in heaven and theirs are in the hellfire, and the war is not over yet.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article49022855.html#storylink=cpy"

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article49022855.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article49022855.html#storylink=cpy

A good thread I think to continue - any time we see Obama releasing GITMO terrorists and them becoming active again, or Obama sponisored "refugees" going Jihad?

It beGINS!

Edited by Ukshep
Fixed the messed up post for you

How many of these guys have been released and then returned to their former life as terrorists?  I don't think this one is the first.  If they had tried them in court then at least some of them would have been executed or been given life sentences for what they did.  Then there are other ones who were put in Guantanamo and they didn't have any evidence on them whatsoever and they've been held there all this time. If someone wasn't a terrorist when they went in, they'd become one in there, I know I would.  Not to mention the cost of running Guantanamo, running a POW camp for a war without end is not going to come cheap. No idea where all of this is going, other than there are always going to be people trying to blow up shit they don't like. Whack a mole. 

21 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

How many of these guys have been released and then returned to their former life as terrorists?  I don't think this one is the first.  If they had tried them in court then at least some of them would have been executed or been given life sentences for what they did.  Then there are other ones who were put in Guantanamo and they didn't have any evidence on them whatsoever and they've been held there all this time. If someone wasn't a terrorist when they went in, they'd become one in there, I know I would.  Not to mention the cost of running Guantanamo, running a POW camp for a war without end is not going to come cheap. No idea where all of this is going, other than there are always going to be people trying to blow up shit they don't like. Whack a mole. 

Yeah, holding anyone without a trial for that long is simply Wrong. Give them a war criminal trial straight up, not enough evidence? Free they go. Now releasing them - of Course they are going to strike back, I probably would have. The real trouble here is that it's ISLAM - there ARE no "good Muslims". Children, yes, but until we go to war against the entirety OF Islam, we will never make progress. This guy wasn't one of the innocents, he was a known big wig of the Taliban - he should have been Executed for being a known terrorist. They had more than enough to try him for that. Forget using these guys to get Other bad guys, they sure as heck weren't going to roll over on their Religious brothers", they are start raving insane believers in Evil!

1 minute ago, YourMom2 said:

I've noticed a Cuba trend this past week. Yahoo has an exclusive interview with Obama about Raul Castro.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/obama-touts-raul-castro-as-a-pragmatist-with-104244154.html

During the debates, Marco Rubio talked about his Cuban heritage.

Gitmo is on and off the radar but as we all know, timing is everything with the media.

I noticed that, too. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.