Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quick1966

Favorite T.V shows!!!

12 posts in this topic

Ok we got a little side tracked on another thread but I know we've all got'em. What are your favorite shows! New or classic. Some of my favorites are breaking bad, and dexter. I was really getting into Jericho before it was cancelled. And just found out today that revolutions was as well.BTW this doesn't have to be dark shows it could be comedies as well!? So what are some your favorites?

1 person likes this

The Munsters and Gilligan's Island top my list. Timeless humor that never needed to be crude, shocking, or raunchy to get a laugh.

Add to that, Fringe and Lost. 

Most everything else I watch are "documentaries". 

27 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

The Munsters and Gilligan's Island top my list. Timeless humor that never needed to be crude, shocking, or raunchy to get a laugh.

Add to that, Fringe and Lost. 

Most everything else I watch are "documentaries". 

Nice! Yeah I watched those shows ( Munsters and Gilligans) too! Although not when they came out. Nick at nite for my generation! But it was really cool cause I remember seeing Dragnet, I dream of genie, and Lucy! It was like I grew up with those shows just not when they came out. As for Lost I couldn't get into it for some reason. It just seemed to go on forever to me with no answers. Lol! Now I know this is a CT site. Who loved the X-files?

That scifi where they hunt down politicians and bankers and donate their organs to the poor. Love that show.

Falling skies, Breaking bad, better call saul, stargate (all of them), Game of thrones <--- my top favs

12 hours ago, Quick1966 said:

Ok we got a little side tracked on another thread but I know we've all got'em. What are your favorite shows! New or classic. Some of my favorites are breaking bad, and dexter. I was really getting into Jericho before it was cancelled. And just found out today that revolutions was as well.BTW this doesn't have to be dark shows it could be comedies as well!? So what are some your favorites?

I recently watched "The 100" on netflix. I really got into it. The good news is, they are going to have a season 3 in 2016

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-100/community/post/the-100---one-of-the-most-underrated-show-on-television-1446452608/

8 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Falling skies, Breaking bad, better call saul, stargate (all of them), Game of thrones <--- my top favs

Game of Thrones is the BEST show ever created!!!

Community. Always leaves ya feeling happy. That's quality in entertainment.

Family Guy. Because anyone that can make fun of and laugh at their own point of view, is solid in how they roll. Agree with always I do not, but respect the nuts to speak one's mind, I do.

South Park, who should actually have number one, because they took shock jock and made it informative and relevant. So much so, it still works. And while the "others" ***** how the Simpsons run too long while wanting that spot for themselves, SP makes a name for itself, knowing at the end of the day, it's not network. It's not even Fox. It's South Park, and that's what has keep people watching for so long. If Raw learnt the same lesson, they'd made this list. Tradgic.

Here is what I watched over the last year

Dark Angel (had to get a copy as that was one of my favourites back in the day)

Orphan Black

Limitless (the TV series)

Blindspot

Killjoys

Dark Matters

Mr Robot

True detective (series 2)

The Walking Dead

A lot of cricket (I used to play a lot of sports)

Banshee (series 3)

Crossbones

Blakes 7 (one of my favourites as a kid, classic British Scifi)

Extant

Elementary

Heroes reborn

Agents of sheild

The 100

I often try to watch whatever is the latest release to see if it is worth watching or not. Couldn't get into Constantine, AgentX, (US propaganda shit if I have ever seen any) The returned.

My wife is a fan of NCIS and Eureka.

I have just been watching The Young Ones revisiting old memories from my school days. Rick is dead, very sad. I might download Bottom for a laugh as well.

One on of the NZ satellite channels (no analogue TV left in NZ, it is all digital now) they have the old shows we used to have when I was a kid. Watched Taxi last night when Andy Kaufman was still alive and on the show. Christopher Lloyd looked pretty young as well. They stuff like Open all hours and Are you being served (can't believe they show that in today's climate of political correctness. Perhaps they will run the kenny everett show and Julian Clerey's Sticky Moments, maybe the Dick Emmery show, who made Benny Hill look very tame. The Professionals was the UK version of Starky and Hutch, but much better because they has the cars my friends used to hoon around in, good old Bodie and Doyle. Still waiting for Zelda and the Terrorhawks to be rerun and "It ain’t half Hot mum" which also is not politically correct today.

As you can imagine being subject to those shows as a kid I have quite the warped sense of humour.

My wife works hard. I try and find her something entertaining to watch in the evenings otherwise she drags me off the the sleeping cave and savages me.

I do see the Shannara books (by Terry Brooks) have been made into a TV series. That might be OK.  The Wheel of Time books would make a good series as well or the Magician Series by Raymond E Feist. Maybe the PERN series could make TV one day.

3 minutes ago, Redlistvet said:

If you like jericho look up surface.

Firefly 

Firefly now there's an awesome show! Funny thing is I saw the movie first then come to find out it was a show. Lol! But I'll look up surface thanks!

Just now, Quick1966 said:

Firefly now there's an awesome show! Funny thing is I saw the movie first then come to find out it was a show. Lol! But I'll look up surface thanks!

Yeah I did the same, loved the movie then found the series, I thought it was really good, but sci-fi channel was going in different directions and screwed that up.

Netflix had surface, it'll make your ct senses tingle.lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.