Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ask A Bible Thumper

26 posts in this topic

This is an open-ended "all things Bible" thread, or at least a place to just ask me what I think about a Bible-related issue. All opinions I give are strictly my own, and I make no claims to speak for anyone else or have authority or expertise. They're just my opinions. If interested in sources, you can visit one of my websites:

*links removed*

All I ask is that people be cordial and respectful, mature and considerate. I try my best to be those things, and that's all I ask of you.

1 hour ago, Challenger said:

This is an open-ended "all things Bible" thread, or at least a place to just ask me what I think about a Bible-related issue. All opinions I give are strictly my own, and I make no claims to speak for anyone else or have authority or expertise. They're just my opinions. If interested in sources, you can visit one of my websites:

All I ask is that people be cordial and respectful, mature and considerate. I try my best to be those things, and that's all I ask of you.

Great I love asking questions! So for my first one do you believe the earth is flat? Reason I ask is that people tell me that is what it more or less described in the bible this way. What says you?

Edited by Cinnamon
advertising removed

11 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Great I love asking questions! So for my first one do you believe the earth is flat? Reason I ask is that people tell me that is what it more or less described in the bible this way. What says you?

According to experts in ancient Hebrew language and culture, the OT says it's flat. The NT doesn't say much, but in Revelation there's a statement about the stars falling to earth, which would be impossible under current science dogma, unless one redefines "stars" (Gk. aster) as meteors or other space debris. I don't accept that the ancients were so ignorant as to not know the difference.

Personally, I think mainstream scientism has the burden of proof to support the ball earth model, with it spinning, orbiting the sun, and the sun moving at incredible speed. I am convinced of geocentrism and the earth being stationary, and so FE seems to be the most accurate model. Please also see this recent blog post of mine: 

Edited by Cinnamon
advertising removed

18 minutes ago, Challenger said:

According to experts in ancient Hebrew language and culture, the OT says it's flat. The NT doesn't say much, but in Revelation there's a statement about the stars falling to earth, which would be impossible under current science dogma, unless one redefines "stars" (Gk. aster) as meteors or other space debris. I don't accept that the ancients were so ignorant as to not know the difference.

Personally, I think mainstream scientism has the burden of proof to support the ball earth model, with it spinning, orbiting the sun, and the sun moving at incredible speed. I am convinced of geocentrism and the earth being stationary, and so FE seems to be the most accurate model. Please also see this recent blog post of mine: 

Interesting. So what's the deal with the OT and the NT? Why the need for a new one in your opinion? I've obviously never read either. But I don't think that reading either will reveal anything that I already feel to be true. Like the existence of God 

2 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Interesting. So what's the deal with the OT and the NT? Why the need for a new one in your opinion? I've obviously never read either. But I don't think that reading either will reveal anything that I already feel to be true. Like the existence of God 

The OT and NT are mainly due to the fact that when Jesus came he fulfilled the OT. The NT is about Jesus and Christianity, and final prophecy.

1 hour ago, Challenger said:

Never let anyone tell you that you have no authority when you do. There is no need to water anything down because what's been happening lately. This is your own thread, so speak like you mean it, because I know you do! I also know if anyone here knows their Bible, It is certainly you, so speak it there Lady, and with all the authority that has been divinely given you!

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19 kjv

2 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Never let anyone tell you that you have no authority when you do. There is no need to water anything down because what's been happening lately. This is your own thread, so speak like you mean it, because I know you do! I also know if anyone here knows their Bible, It is certainly you, so speak it there Lady, and with all the authority that has been divinely given you!

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19 kjv

:2sMZZFw:

I felt the need to make that disclaimer due to past experiences, where I seem to come across as promoting myself as an authority. Thanks!

Just now, Challenger said:

:2sMZZFw:

I felt the need to make that disclaimer due to past experiences, where I seem to come across as promoting myself as an authority. Thanks!

But you are, so who can argue that point with you. Your years of research and knowledge goes before you.

1 minute ago, Cryptic Mole said:

But you are, so who can argue that point with you. Your years of research and knowledge goes before you.

Well, most other Christians don't seem to see it that way, but I really appreciate your kind words. :cheers:

Like I always say, "I force no one to believe anything I say, do your own research. If you still don't agree with me, I really don't care. I'm not trying to score points and pull any punches with anyone. I'm also not in a popularity contest." It's really that simple!

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Challenger said:

The OT and NT are mainly due to the fact that when Jesus came he fulfilled the OT. The NT is about Jesus and Christianity, and final prophecy.

Ok so which came first Catholicism or Christianity? I know that they're similar in age.

1 minute ago, Challenger said:

Well, most other Christians don't seem to see it that way, but I really appreciate your kind words. :cheers:

Doesn't matter. They are entitled to their own opinions.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.