Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Texas Tornado

10 posts in this topic

Are you kidding me? We are having Tornadoes in Texas in December? This weather system is suppose to move into the DFW area later tonight.

Lindale, Texas, mayor declares state of emergency after tornado rips through town; 'preliminary estimates indicate 6 to 8 homes with major damage, with another 30 to 35 with lesser damage,' mayor says; no major injuries reported - @KLTV7

That'll teach them to talk about secession and having their own gold, right? "Natural" disasters can bring people into line.

I'm ready for the late night event in North Texas if It happens. I have a helmet, work gloves, hand held ham radio, flashlight and a bottle of scotch (for medicinal purpose) sitting in the bathroom in case the Tornado sirens go off tonight. LOL

That couple doing the narrative were funny!

Really windy here today but the trees are still standing. Some bad girl drank all my whiskey (ok, it was me) but I've got plenty of flashlights.

M u s t  r e p l e n i s h  l i q u o r  c a b i n e t   - the first rule of prepping!

6 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

That couple doing the narrative were funny!

Really windy here today but the trees are still standing. Some bad girl drank all my whiskey (ok, it was me) but I've got plenty of flashlights.

M u s t  r e p l e n i s h  l i q u o r  c a b i n e t   - the first rule of prepping!

LOL....that is my biggest prep problem!  I'm always running out of booze. I had 2 handles of Titos the other day and now they are gone. Well, I did use some to make peppermint tincture and pepper infused Vodka for Christmas presents but.....

The trick is buy liquor you don't really like. That way you will have it when you need it. In a Armageddon, end of the world scenario a bottle of Goldschlager might come in handy.

4 hours ago, CGK said:

LOL....that is my biggest prep problem!  I'm always running out of booze. I had 2 handles of Titos the other day and now they are gone. Well, I did use some to make peppermint tincture and pepper infused Vodka for Christmas presents but.....

The trick is buy liquor you don't really like. That way you will have it when you need it. In a Armageddon, end of the world scenario a bottle of Goldschlager might come in handy.

I have a bottle of unopened Everclear that is probably 10 years old for medicinal purposes but hey, I'll drink it if there's nothing else! Premium tequila has a chance of lasting awhile but all the bottles of Jack Daniels that I bought for trade are no more......

I'm also saving champagne as the ultimate treat for myself when things get really tough. A chest freezer to fridge conversion + solar panels = chilled wine as well as keeping condiments once opened.

Actually, I think this is tornado season in Texas. And Louisiana. We've had 2 tornadoes before between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In 2 different parishes (counties). The first one wiped out the barn. The second one shifted our A-frame's metal roof. If it had been the typical shingled type, we'd have been gone pecans. We cowered in the basement while a freight train went by us. The neighbor's house was turned upside down. Nobody home at the time, thank goodness. Look out for these warm spells followed by storm fronts.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.