Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Beer Drinkers Check This Out

16 posts in this topic

The Shocking Ingredients In Beer

When you drink beer, there is almost a 100% chance that you don’t know what you are drinking

“Ingredient labeling on food products and non-alcoholic beverages is required by the Food and Drug Administration. But a whole other federal agency regulates beer, and not very well. The Department of Treasury – the same folks who collect your taxes – oversees alcoholic beverages. That probably explains why we know more about what’s in a can of Coke than a can of Bud. You can also thank the alcohol industry, which has lobbied for years against efforts to require ingredient labeling.”

High Fructose Corn Syrup & Fish Bladders    Sounds Yummmy to me .:64pwFDH:

Read the whole post here : http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-shocking-ingredients-in-beer/

Thats if you are drinking American beer. German bier has purity laws.

German beer has been brewed in accordance with the purity law for almost 500 years. Using the four ingredients prescribed in this law, German brewers have created a diversity of beers that is unrivalled in the world. Today Germany has over 5,000 different beers.

https://www.alumniportal-deutschland.org/en/germany/eating-drinking/article/german-beer-purity-law.html

This public service article from Food Babe was brought to you by the American Distilling Institute and The Wine Institute. I don't doubt there are unhealthy additives in beer or 99% of packaged "groceries" in any modern supermarket but let's not slander one industry without debasing the competition.

Food Babe has an interesting Advisory council composed of Jews so she must be babbling rainbow farts.

http://foodbabe.com/advisorycouncil/

+1 for German beer and other alcoholic delights from the EU....purity standards haven't been compromised as much as they have in the US. Bloated American corporations don't give 2 sheets about quality or who they hire so your beverage of choice may contain up to 25 percent spit.

5 minutes ago, CGK said:

I drink Organic Wine most of the time!

Even organic wine may contain sulfites but at least the grapes and the people masher's feet are organic. :biggrin:

Just now, YourMom2 said:

Even organic wine may contain sulfites but at least the grapes and the people masher's feet are organic. :biggrin:

All wines have Sulfites. Im fine with the naturally occurring Sulfites, It's the chemical Sulfites I have a problem with. As far as organic wines go, If I have a choice, I would prefer to drink wine where they have not spray the grapes with poison.

Its a battle to eat and drink anything that has not been poisoned under FDA approved..including the beer that this thread is about.

When I want some beer, I go to my neighbor's house. He brews his own, and oh damn it is so very tasty! *licks chops*

3 minutes ago, CGK said:

All wines have Sulfites. Im fine with the naturally occurring Sulfites, It's the chemical Sulfites I have a problem with. As far as organic wines go, If I have a choice, I would prefer to drink wine where they have not spray the grapes with poison.

Its a battle to eat and drink anything that has not been poisoned under FDA approved..including the beer that this thread is about.

The FDA is a joke and the USDA is always cutting employees due to budget cuts. Wait, 19 trillion in debt and we can't afford food inspectors to keep us from getting poisoned? I don't drink organic wine but some brands like Mondalvi make my skin itch so I suspect it's additives and probably related to the amount of sulfites.

2 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

When I want some beer, I go to my neighbor's house. He brews his own, and oh damn it is so very tasty! *licks chops*

Lucky you! That's the way to go, trade with local home brewers. They can tell you exactly what's in it should you desire to know.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

Ask you neighbor If I can come over too? I will even bring my own mug!

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Lucky you! That's the way to go, trade with local home brewers. They can tell you exactly what's in it should you desire to know.

All I have to do is glance around his little brewery. He has a keg refrigerator in there too, and that's where we fill up. lol

10 minutes ago, CGK said:

Ask you neighbor If I can come over too? I will even bring my own mug!

Bring a mug, and maybe something to throw on the grill, it is usually an event when I visit him. lol

I am trying to talk him into brewing some honey mead, I know he can do it. He has been brewing his own beers (& once in awhile makes wines from locally grown berries) for over 40 years, and all I can say is, only a few "micro-breweries" even come close to his level of quality. 

:cheers:

45 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

The FDA is a joke and the USDA is always cutting employees due to budget cuts. Wait, 19 trillion in debt and we can't afford food inspectors to keep us from getting poisoned? I don't drink organic wine but some brands like Mondalvi make my skin itch so I suspect it's additives and probably related to the amount of sulfites.

FDA and USDA are government agencies that are paid by the people who are pushing the poison. Just like the crap in the beer.

If you can, buy food products that are not made in the USA, do it. For example:

German bier is pure.

Italy will not allow roundup sprayed on the wheat they use in their pasta.

France, Argentina, Chile don't spray the grapes used in wine.

All produce America is sprayed. If the produce comes in from another country the entire container is sprayed for bugs before it hits the stores. Soak your produce in salt and lemon to cut the insecticide.

Grow what you can.

Its very hard to try and eat/drink healthy but it is possible. Unfortunately most people don't want to, or cant  put in the time/money that is required to eat and drink healthy.

I was a Big Lots yesterday. They sell lots of Organic items for half of what it costs at say, Whole Foods or Fresh Market. When I was checking out, the pregnant Black woman at the register asked me if I was some sort of health freak. I said, sort of but more than that, I'm a smart shopper. This box of Annies cracker you have here for 2 bucks is 5 dollars at Whole foods. She sort of looked at me like I was crazy.

Anyway, sorry I've gone so far off topic. This thread is about Beer! Lets get back to that.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.