Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Standing ovation as 195 countries adopt historic deal to keep global warming "well below" 2C and "signal the end of fossil fuels"

19 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Boy they're really moving fast it seems!

They are! And there are tons of other meetings going on all over the place, so hard to keep up with them all. 

Wow, 2 degrees. I hope that I'm separated from those idiots by more than 6.

2 people like this

38 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

"4. Rich nations to provide funding to poorer ones – ‘mobilising’ $100bn a year until 2025, and more thereafter."

In every UN deal, something like the above text exists.

I am tired of funding "poor country" tyrants while the infrastructure of my country falls apart.

It is time for the USA to "call in sick" to all future UN meetings. We can return when our country is physically and mentally healthy again.

2 people like this

Just now, RabidWolf said:

"4. Rich nations to provide funding to poorer ones – ‘mobilising’ $100bn a year until 2025, and more thereafter."

I am tired of funding "poor country" tyrants while the infrastructure of my country falls apart.

It is time for the USA to "call in sick: to all future UN meetings. We can return when our country is physically and mentally healthy again.

This is a global tax. I wonder who is going to collect it from us and how. The U.S. is the biggest funder of the U.N. We should shut it down and turn the building into a homeless shelter for our veterans and other people who sleep on the streets. 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

It is time for the USA to "call in sick" to all future UN meetings. We can return when our country is physically and mentally healthy again.

Why do we even have poor or developing countries? Have they not learned anything about infrastructure from the developed nations? After the industrial revolution there is absolutely no reason for the kind of shit that is still taking place...unless the corruption at the top has kept them from evolving into 1st world culture. Who is to say that 1st world culture is the best for everyone? Maybe some people like their huts and their low carbon footprint (another scam). Let them be poor and figure it out on their own, but then that would be a monster "global" fail.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

This is a global tax. I wonder who is going to collect it from us and how. The U.S. is the biggest funder of the U.N. We should shut it down and turn the building into a homeless shelter for our veterans and other people who sleep on the streets. 

lol Come on Cinnamon, the system is perfectly set up for it now!

Our President just throws our money at them like they have done for decades! That is how they are going to get it.

Our IRS is how they will collect it, just as they have been doing. Since they no longer follow that pesky Due Process clause, they can simply seize anyone's bank accounts and transfer those funds to the general fund. (Let us not forget that Obama wants to spend 4.1 Trillion dollars next year, and about 40 billion of that is foreign aid then tack on an additional 33 billion for "international affairs".)

6 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Why do we even have poor or developing countries? Have they not learned anything about infrastructure from the developed nations? After the industrial revolution there is absolutely no reason for the kind of shit that is still taking place...unless the corruption at the top has kept them from evolving into 1st world culture. Who is to say that 1st world culture is the best for everyone? Maybe some people like their huts and their low carbon footprint (another scam). Let them be poor and figure it out on their own, but then that would be a monster "global" fail.

It is similar to how low income people who win the lottery tend to end up homeless again after a few years of blowing money. It took no discipline or struggle to get that money, so it was poorly valued and unwisely spent. The same holds true for most (not all) developing countries. So long at the UN and so-called "rich nations" keep throwing lottery money at them, they will simply spend it foolishly.

You are certainly right. They have many blueprints available for how to build a modernized nation if they actually wanted to do that, but I think they have become "professional beggar nations". Just tell the UN a sad story and hold out your hand... 

2 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

It is similar to how low income people who win the lottery tend to end up homeless again after a few years of blowing money. It took no discipline or struggle to get that money, so it was poorly valued and unwisely spent. The same holds true for most (not all) developing countries. So long at the UN and so-called "rich nations" keep throwing lottery money at them, they will simply spend it foolishly.

You are certainly right. They have many blueprints available for how to build a modernized nation if they actually wanted to do that, but I think they have become "professional beggar nations". Just tell the UN a sad story and hold out your hand... 

Someone wandered into COP and compared the modern city of Dubai to NYC with recent pictures as evidence. I also found some pictures of these two cities taken in the 1960s where NYC has towering skyscrapers and Dubai was still mostly desert with some 2 story structures. I find it hard to believe it was just oil money that caused such modernization. Speaking of oil, why are we still giving money to the Saudis? In a FREE MARKET there is no reason for such folly.

We cant burn coal but O's people can burn down forests every year? Whatever....

Indonesia is facing an environmental disaster. Fires from drained peatlands have caused massive air pollution, or 'haze', causing respiratory and other illnesses. The disruption in economic activities has cost the country $15 billion in losses. Stopping the haze requires a commitment to sustainable management of forests and peatlands.

<snip>

More than 2.6 million hectares of forest, peat, and other land have burned in 2015 -- an area 4.5 times the size of Bali. Burned peat areas can be restored, but short-term impact include the  loss of timber and non-timber forest products, and the loss of habitat for pollinators, wildlife, and grazing lands. While not yet fully analyzed, the costs related to biodiversity may exceed US $295 million for 2015. The long-term impact on wildlife and biodiversity is also not fully known, but thousands of hectares of habitat for orangutans and other endangered species have been destroyed.

More:

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2015/12/01/indonesias-fire-and-haze-crisis

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.