Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

Thoughts On Gun Control

42 posts in this topic

'Ive been giving some thought to the term "Gun Control" and I think people are using the term incorrectly. In my opinion, "Gun Control"  is the ability to properly handle a gun.

When O talks about gun control, the definition is gun confiscation, not control.

Do we need gun control? You bet we do. Too many people are out buying guns who have no idea how to handle them. And that is dangerous!

Here is my idea for gun control.

Prior to purchasing any firearm people will need to attend a mandatory gun safety class. It could be a 3 hour class where they learn how to properly load, handle, store, and clean a firearm. Then an hour lesson on the range to assure some level of proficiency and they are good to go.

Also by making folks take a class and do range time, it gives the instructor a chance to determine if the person might be wanting to purchase a gun for nefarious reasons, thus allowing the instructor to notify the proper authorities who can then follow up.

Once someone receives their firearm safety license, they are fee to purchase all the firearms they can afford.

The problem we have in America is too many people are going to the store and buying a gun for protection and have no clue how to protect themselves with it. They buy a gun, a box of ammo and shove it in their nightstand in case a bad guy breaks into their house.  If and when the time ever comes they need to use it, they will most likely shoot up a closet and miss hitting the intruder all together.

So there is my version of "Gun Control."  Without control all these new gun owners who don't know how to use their weapon will be of no use to America when the time comes for us to defend the homeland.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, CGK said:

Also by making folks take a class and do range time, it gives the instructor a chance to determine if the person might be wanting to purchase a gun for nefarious reasons, thus allowing the instructor to notify the proper authorities who can then follow up.

Who might these instructors be? Federal agents, of course! They are the most qualified and make the best snitches. We're already in the dangerous territory of pre-crime in the style of Minority Report.

17 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Who might these instructors be? Federal agents, of course! They are the most qualified and make the best snitches. We're already in the dangerous territory of pre-crime in the style of Minority Report.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of someone in local law enforcement. The feds should no skin in this game. If you keep it local, they have a better idea what's going on in their community. If Mohamed Allie Baba comes in for a class, only cares about shooting and nothing else, just moved into the hood, that might be someone to keep an eye one.

Or if Jose Cruz just arrived from Mexico and is bunking with friends, you might want to check him out too.

Its not a fool proof plan but Its something to think about.

Heck, you need to take a test to do just about anything in life...why not for gun ownership too? You need to take a test to drive a car, get into college, become scuba certified, certain jobs, etc.

What started me thinking about this was a phone call I got this morning from a friend who said she knew a bunch of old gals who went out, bought guns, went directly to the range, one of them loaded the gun, put it down on the counter, another gal picked it up and pulled the trigger and accidentally shot the display case. (LOL) If they had to attend a class before heading the the range, they would have known to always treat every firearm as if its loaded.

You have to take a hunter safety course yet most hunters already know how to handle a firearm. Why not a class for the general population too? Back in the day when the second amendment was written, everyone knew how to handle a gun. They needed guns for basic survival, like hunting for food and protecting their homes. Even 50 years ago most people knew how to handle a gun....not so today.

Most states require that hunters complete a certified hunter education course. The Hunter Education Card is proof that you have successfully completed your state’s official and approved hunting safety course.

https://www.hunter-ed.com/hunting-card.html

1 minute ago, CGK said:

Heck, you need to take a test to do just about anything in life...why not for gun ownership too? You need to take a test to drive a car, get into college, become scuba certified, certain jobs, etc.

This is how you lose your freedom. It is the personal responsibility of the individual to learn, not the state to constantly issue tests thereby awarding validation to the supposedly sovereign person. If not for the insurance racket and govt control racket, people would be expected to accept responsibility for their actions in the world.

The idea of safety and protection from harm and death is a false economy.

2 people like this

Just now, YourMom2 said:

This is how you lose your freedom. It is the personal responsibility of the individual to learn, not the state to constantly issue tests thereby awarding validation to the supposedly sovereign person. If not for the insurance racket and govt control racket, people would be expected to accept responsibility for their actions in the world.

The idea of safety and protection from harm and death is a false economy.

I see where you are coming from Mom but have you spent any time at a range lately? Omg, the range instructor is always having to yell at someone to keep their gun pointed downrange and not fling it around pointing at everyone. Classes before purchase is a good idea, I think.

In a perfect world people would take responsibility to learn how to use their firearms, but the reality is...most people wont.

Our nation would be better prepared for what is coming if people actually knew how to use the guns they purchased.

1 person likes this

Everyone in the country should be taught gun safety in school, period. Then so long as you aren't a violent felon, you should be able to carry a firearm without any lists, permits or whatever.

Here is what too many do NOT understand about the 2nd amendment. The 2nd is FINAL RECOURSE against tyranny. Read the Declaration of Independence... It is your DUTY to alter or cast off a government which becomes tyrannical, The 2nd is the tool of final use to perform such actions, when government tries to take from you your final recourse against their power, they have become the tyranny that is your duty to alter or abolish. At this point, we are at a fine line of alter and abolish. With progressives out there calling to kill Trump supporters while demanding that they turn in their means of recourse... It may just need to be abolished. Pass this point on... MAKE people understand what 2A really means, and why its is becoming increasingly necessary. If I would have said the same about Obama supporters, The FBI would have been busting my door down, when government only protects those who agree only with their narrative, government IS tyrannical... We MUST perform our duty.

3 people like this

Amendment II Right to Bear Arms

Passed by Congress September 25, 1789. Ratified December 15, 1791. The first 10 amendments form the Bill of Rights

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

19 minutes ago, CGK said:

How about we let the NRA run the courses? That should work!

Since Charlton Heston's  death, they've been slacking off.

28 minutes ago, CGK said:

I see where you are coming from Mom but have you spent any time at a range lately? Omg, the range instructor is always having to yell at someone to keep their gun pointed downrange and not fling it around pointing at everyone. Classes before purchase is a good idea, I think.

In a perfect world people would take responsibility to learn how to use their firearms, but the reality is...most people wont.

Our nation would be better prepared for what is coming if people actually knew how to use the guns they purchased.

I like both sides of your argument... Thats why I advocate gun safety being taught in school at varying levels appropriate to individual age groups... Simple things like simply getting an adult if you see an unsecure firearm in lower grades, to proficient use, and firearm handling safety in higher grades

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.