Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

State of Emergency Declared in Oregon

11 posts in this topic

Oregon and Washington State have been getting their ass kicked all week by weather.

Governor Brown Declares State of Emergency in 13 Counties Due to Severe Storm Conditions

(Salem, OR) — Governor Kate Brown today declared a state of emergency to exist in Benton, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Tillamook, Washington, and Yamhill Counties due to a severe winter storm, including high winds, flooding, and landslides. This declaration comes at the request of local officials and is based on the recommendations of the Oregon Office of Emergency Management. 

"Heavy rains and wind have required the evacuation of residences, and mudslides and high water have severely damaged or blocked major roadways in these areas of the state,” Governor Brown said. "The emergency declaration ensures state resources, emergency response personnel, and equipment can be activated to respond to communities in need if their local resources are exhausted." 

The state of emergency is in effect until further notice. 

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=41b11f32beefba0380ee8ecb5&id=6b321055c1

Published on Dec 9, 2015

A record-setting amount of rainfall has pounded the northwestern US state of Oregon the past few days causing massive flooding.
Roads were turned into rivers and giant sinkholes some 15 feet deep tore apart a road in Gresham, east of Portland.

After looking at some more videos, ect. I hope these people make it through, it's hard to believe 5+ inches of rain can do so much damage.

5 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I still think someone is messing with the weather. Has California got any rain recently?

Right DK...they are messing with the weather and as far as I know, California is still in a drought waiting for the rain to fall.

1 minute ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

After looking at some more videos, ect. I hope these people make it through, it's hard to believe 5+ inches of rain can do so much damage.

Oregonians are use to being all wet. lol

A storm system carrying heavy rain and winds continued to create problems in the Portland area and all across the Pacific Northwest Wednesday, with widespread reports of flooding, power outages and landslides. Portland alone saw 5.41 inches of rain in the three-day period that ended Wednesday morning, making it the wettest three-day period since Feb. 1996.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/database/?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=FL-20151210-51193-USA

3 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Oregonians are use to being all wet. lol

I have relatives there that are kinda rusty. :chuckle:

I don't have to click on a weather report to know that El Nino is to blame. That's an old software program, doncha think? Male child illuminati joke.

12 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I still think someone is messing with the weather. Has California got any rain recently?

Well I currently live in the north Central Valley where the majority of the food is grown for the U.S. About 60mi. East of San Francisco. I moved from south Florida for a job opportunity for my wife back in early September. Granted it's a completely different climate but apparently here in nor cal the wet season is now and it rained last night. I've noticed since I've been here that I'd say mid October we've been getting rain once a week or every two weeks. But it's weird. It's like a light or mid weight rain that usually is all day or all night. Not like where I'm from where it literally rains a monsoon every afternoon! But all the people that I talk to here say that it's getting back to normal and are still waiting for El Niño. I saw that Tahoe 2-2 1/2 hrs east got a few inches of powder but I don't know if that's above or below were they should be for the year. And yes they are definitely screwing with the weather! South Florida hasn't had a hurricane in 10yrs!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.