Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

High Fructose Corn Syrup Now Hidden Under a New Name

4 posts in this topic

High Fructose Corn Syrup Now Hidden Under a New Name

Posted Dec 10 2015

Food producers have many tactics for hiding food ingredients which have become unpopular with consumers, and such has happened to high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) following numerous scientific studies that have linked it to obesity, Type 2 diabetes and autism. In order to stop using the HFCS name in the ingredients list, food makers have taken to calling a sub-category of HFCS as “fructose syrup” or, plainly, “fructose”.

Read the whole post here : http://wakingscience.com/2015/12/high-fructose-corn-syrup-now-hidden-under-a-new-name/

1 person likes this

Fructose..... lol, how unrecognizable, great way to hide something people are specifically looking out for.   I haven't seen the change yet on any labels I've read at the market, but I have seen a whole new type of sugar on labels lately, can't remember off hand as it's brand new to me, wiki sugar or something like that, haha.   It's something sugar, I totally don't trust it.

What also makes me laugh are these "organic" labels going way over the top...... Ingredients:  Organic bananas, organic cherries, organic water, organic sugar, organic organic, organic natural organic, organic stuff, organic flavors, organic HFCS, organic arsenic, lol....."  .... you know the ones I mean.   I'm like, "Nope, that's too organic for me."

7 hours ago, JibbyJedi said:

Fructose..... lol, how unrecognizable, great way to hide something people are specifically looking out for.   I haven't seen the change yet on any labels I've read at the market, but I have seen a whole new type of sugar on labels lately, can't remember off hand as it's brand new to me, wiki sugar or something like that, haha.   It's something sugar, I totally don't trust it.

What also makes me laugh are these "organic" labels going way over the top...... Ingredients:  Organic bananas, organic cherries, organic water, organic sugar, organic organic, organic natural organic, organic stuff, organic flavors, organic HFCS, organic arsenic, lol....."  .... you know the ones I mean.   I'm like, "Nope, that's too organic for me."

Organic doesn't mean truly organic always these days, you have to do extra research to find out the best you can, if that is what you choose.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.