Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Governor to Ban Gun Sales to People on Government Watch Lists

16 posts in this topic

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy plans to sign the first executive order in the nation to ban the sales of guns to people on federal government watch lists.

"We intend to prevent, by executive order through my powers as governor, those on government watch lists from obtaining a permit to purchase a firearm in Connecticut," the Democratic governor said in a news conference Thursday.

Anyone who wishes to buy a gun in Connecticut must first apply for a permit from a public safety agency, then a thorough background check is conducted, Malloy said.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Governor-Expected-to-Make-Major-Public-Safety-Announcement-361438091.html#comments

There's a video on there, watch it. They are trying to get access to Fed watch lists. More merging of their fn databases! 

5 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

And so it begins...

My soul is vibrating. It's not fear, more like morbid fascination. 

There is no vetting process no due process of law to get off the no fly list. No one even knows what makes them put you on it. 

37 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

There is no vetting process no due process of law to get off the no fly list. No one even knows what makes them put you on it. 

And isn't that the point? The fact that you can be placed on any number of lists yet no one knows how or why you got on? Let alone how to get off! We are witnessing what I believe the begining of the very events that CM and others have warned about?

I'm very surprised they hadn't already.

We have guns in NZ, but no automatic rifles can be purchased without a special license usually reserved for collectors. Hand guns require you to be a member of a pistol club for at least 6 months before you can buy one and they must be transported in a locked box between your residence and the range. A police check is required before purchasing a firearm in NZ, if you are on a list you will be rejected. If you have a criminal record you will be rejected.

You cannot purchase ammo without a firearms license either.

In NZ the police are not routinely armed, but have access to weapons in their vehicles (shotguns in the trunk and a pistol lock box in the cabin) when in vehicles.

If you wanted an illegal handgun in NZ you used to go down to a fishing port and see if any Russian trawlers were in. They would sell you an illegal Glock for $50NZD or maybe a Makarov. They also used to swap for a sowing machine as it could make their family well off back in Russia. That was 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

My soul is vibrating. It's not fear, more like morbid fascination. 

I think we all feel the same way.

Everyone will eventually be placed on it.

The biometrics are coming. Something inside the body or permanently etched into the skin. Removing an rfid chip is not a pleasant experience. I think you'd need stitches. Getting rid of a tattoo that could be scanned is even more difficult. You'd have to flay yourself. 

No we have to put you guys on the Terrorist Watch No Fly List - Example -  LOOK AT THIS TERRORIST with her Evil ITTY BITTY EYES - She was probably on her way to New York to Fly the plane into a building! and I bet she was wearing an underwear bomb too!

https://www.rt.com/usa/list-tsa-jetblue-riyannas-950/

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

They are making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice, FEMA camps are coming to town. Sing along now...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.