Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

More suspicious phone purchases reported in Mid-Missouri

20 posts in this topic

These guys bought 110 phones in a matter of hours. Merry Christmas to everyone including the neighbors? That's a lotta phones. 

ABC 17 News learned Wednesday night that the Macon County Sheriff's Department is investigating a suspicious purchase of multiple cell phones at the Macon Walmart. The FBI in St. Louis and Springfield have been contacted and are investigating. 

A witness, who didn't want to be identified, said the men paid with cash only. 

"Right then and there I knew there was not something adding up about this. It's not right, it doesn't make any sense," he said. "Who's going to order 50 phones for Christmas? Who does that?"

"I think on the surface that is suspicious," said Paul Fennewald, the former Missouri Homeland Security Coordinator. "If I had seen the same thing, I probably would have called somebody also."

A similar situation happened hours later at a Walmart in Lebanon, Missouri. Police said two men bought about 60 phones.

The two men were taken into custody, but later released because police said they had no legal reason to keep them detained.

Fennewald said the prepaid phones are used as a way for criminals to communicate without law enforcement tracking them. He said in many past terrorist attacks cell phones have been used to trigger an explosive device.

<snip>

http://www.abc17news.com/news/fbi-investigating-suspicious-purchase-at-columbia-walmart/36877514

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

These guys bought 110 phones in a matter of hours. Merry Christmas to everyone including the neighbors? That's a lotta phones. 

ABC 17 News learned Wednesday night that the Macon County Sheriff's Department is investigating a suspicious purchase of multiple cell phones at the Macon Walmart. The FBI in St. Louis and Springfield have been contacted and are investigating. 

A witness, who didn't want to be identified, said the men paid with cash only. 

"Right then and there I knew there was not something adding up about this. It's not right, it doesn't make any sense," he said. "Who's going to order 50 phones for Christmas? Who does that?"

"I think on the surface that is suspicious," said Paul Fennewald, the former Missouri Homeland Security Coordinator. "If I had seen the same thing, I probably would have called somebody also."

A similar situation happened hours later at a Walmart in Lebanon, Missouri. Police said two men bought about 60 phones.

The two men were taken into custody, but later released because police said they had no legal reason to keep them detained.

Fennewald said the prepaid phones are used as a way for criminals to communicate without law enforcement tracking them. He said in many past terrorist attacks cell phones have been used to trigger an explosive device.

<snip>

http://www.abc17news.com/news/fbi-investigating-suspicious-purchase-at-columbia-walmart/36877514

Sounds like the cells might be activating for that major 1 day attack. This is worrisome.

1 person likes this

Good find! I hope at least these guys might be on someone's radar now!  Especially considering it was in Missouri, Muslim central these day! :ph34r:

REALLY nice to see one of the alert citizens was a minority, one with tons of "bling" no less! Awesome, the people are waking up!

Edited by BlueHawK

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Sounds like the cells might be activating for that major 1 day attack. This is worrisome.

Would they be that dumb to buy all the phones at one place.They could be for charity.sorry i just know msm.i do hope this pans out to nothing

Another Bulk Cell Phone Purchase Reported in Ava

AVA, Mo. -- According to the City of Ava's Facebook page, their police department received a call early Saturday morning regarding a man purchasing a large amount of phones at Walmart. 

The original police report was for a Middle Eastern man who purchased cell phones, then left his phone in the restroom. Officers responded and secured the phone. 

While the officers were on scene, the man returned to get his phone. They spoke with the man, asked for identification, and decided they had no legal reason to detain him. 

Officers contacted the Missouri Highway Patrol Intelligence Unit to advise them of the situation. 

After speaking with employees at the Lebanon Wal-Mart, officers found discovered that the subject had already purchased 59 cell phones from that store earlier.

<snip>

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/mass-phone-purchases-in-ava

33 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Another Bulk Cell Phone Purchase Reported in Ava

AVA, Mo. -- According to the City of Ava's Facebook page, their police department received a call early Saturday morning regarding a man purchasing a large amount of phones at Walmart. 

The original police report was for a Middle Eastern man who purchased cell phones, then left his phone in the restroom. Officers responded and secured the phone. 

While the officers were on scene, the man returned to get his phone. They spoke with the man, asked for identification, and decided they had no legal reason to detain him. 

Officers contacted the Missouri Highway Patrol Intelligence Unit to advise them of the situation. 

After speaking with employees at the Lebanon Wal-Mart, officers found discovered that the subject had already purchased 59 cell phones from that store earlier.

<snip>

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/mass-phone-purchases-in-ava

This is getting VERY unnerving! In SEVEN cities, this so near in time?!!? Ack! :sor:

So let me get this straight, some middle eastern man from Michigan (our Islamic state) drives to small town Missouri and buys 60  Cell phones. Don't they sell phone in Michigan? Maybe he just wanted to visit Branson, listen to music, catch a few shows and while he was there, he bought 60 phones as Christmas presents for all of his phone less friends and family. The only thing we can hope for is that he bought re-payed Sprint phones because they wont work worth a crap.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -

The FBI is aware of reports of men visiting Walmart stores in several cities in Missouri and purchasing or trying to purchase large quantities of cellular telephones.  An FBI spokeswoman won't say exactly how much its agents are delving into the purchases.   Some of the cities where the purchases and attempted purchases are reported by police and media are Macon, Columbia, Jefferson City, Lebanon, Ava, Jackson and Cape Girardeau.

<snip>

That purchase was about three hours after two men bought 60 cell phones at the Walmart store in Lebanon.  Officers there questioned the men, at least one of whom said he is from Michigan, according to Ava police.  Laclede County Sheriff Wayne Merritt said officers also found no reason to detain the cell phone buyers in Lebanon.

An Ava Police Department spokeswoman said her department's officers also have heard of a similar purchase of a large number of cell phones at a Walmart store in Columbia.  She said it’s possible that all three purchases are related and by the same men.

More:

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/number-of-reports-of-mass-cell-phone-buys-grows-in-missouri/21048998_36900370

More arrested in Michigan.

3 More Face Cell-Phone Terror Charges

CARO, Mich.  — Three men were arrested Friday on charges of supporting terrorism after they purchased 80 prepaid mobile phones from a Wal-Mart store, police said.

The men, all from the Dallas area, were being held on charges of soliciting or providing material support for terrorism and obtaining information of a vulnerable target for the purposes of terrorism, police Sgt. Dale Stevenson said. They were being held in Tuscola County Jail and were scheduled to be arraigned Saturday.

Stevenson declined to elaborate on how the case relates to terrorism. Telephone messages were left Friday with the Tuscola County prosecutor’s office and the FBI, which assisted with the investigation.

He said the men, ages 18, 22 and 23, went to a 24-hour Wal-Mart store in Caro early Friday and bought the cell phones despite a store policy limiting customers to three phones per purchase. A Wal-Mart clerk who thought the purchases were suspicious alerted police.

“They target these stores late, in the morning, hoping to get an inexperienced clerk,” Stevenson said.

Police stopped the men’s van about 1:30 a.m. and found nearly 1,000 phones, most of which were prepaid TracFones, along with a laptop computer and a bag of receipts, Stevenson said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/14312048/ns/us_news-security/t/more-arrested-cell-phone-terror-charges/#.Vmo1nUorKUm

13 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

More arrested in Michigan.

3 More Face Cell-Phone Terror Charges

CARO, Mich.  — Three men were arrested Friday on charges of supporting terrorism after they purchased 80 prepaid mobile phones from a Wal-Mart store, police said.

The men, all from the Dallas area, were being held on charges of soliciting or providing material support for terrorism and obtaining information of a vulnerable target for the purposes of terrorism, police Sgt. Dale Stevenson said. They were being held in Tuscola County Jail and were scheduled to be arraigned Saturday.

The Dallas guys were probably on their way to the Hajj in Michigan.  Michigan is like Mecca of the United states. We all talk about closing our southern border, but our northern border is the one to watch.

The trouble makers are flying into Toronto, crossing at Windsor and heading right into Michigan. A couple of months ago I was transiting through Pearson Airport in Toronto and thought I was in the Middle East. I've never seen so many Muslims in an airport in my life.

I wonder what "obtaining information of a vulnerable target for the purposes of terrorism" the target was? Holy moley that's a LOT of detonators!

When I lived in Toronto, it was already teeming with Asian.. I mean middle eastern folk. ;-) That really annoys me, the attempt to pass desert folk for Anime-esque peple as to not upset them - hooey!

3 minutes ago, CGK said:

The Dallas guys were probably on their way to the Hajj in Michigan.  Michigan is like Mecca of the United states. We all talk about closing our southern border, but our northern border is the one to watch.

The trouble makers are flying into Toronto, crossing at Windsor and heading right into Michigan. A couple of months ago I was transiting through Pearson Airport in Toronto and thought I was in the Middle East. I've never seen so many Muslims in an airport in my life.

Yeah, Michigan is rapidly turning into Little Arabia. It's home to the second largest Mosque outside of a Muslim country.
But if we took out the bridges to the UP and Canada and walled off the Indiana and Ohio border it would make a great prison state.

Check this thing out:
http://spirittourism.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Islamic-Center-of-America-in-Dearborn-Michigan.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Center_of_America

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.