Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

CNN - Legal Drinking Age In US Goes Up To 23 As Of February 2016

15 posts in this topic

OMG this is BS - This will definitely start a riots for sure - Check this out!

CNN - Legal Drinking Age In US Goes Up To 23 As Of February 2016 :piqljkdk:

http://cnn.com.urlonline.news/Legal-Drinking-Age-In-US-Goes-Up-To-23-As-Of-February-2016/r/19/

Read the rest of the article in the link above.

-

As of February 7, 2016 legal age to drink will be 23. There has been controversy whether 21 is too young to make decisions. A lot of citizens state at that age they are not mentally responsible to drink. So the legislation at the White House has come to an agreement to have legal age changed to 23.

It changes nothing!  I have seen many 18 year old's behaving and drinking sensibly and I have seen many mid-life fools getting wasted and making amok like wannabe Rambo etc.

It's not an age thing it's an upbringing thing.  Clearly most of us have been wasted at some stage but go do it where you are not an irritation or danger to others. 

21 is too young to make decisions. A lot of citizens state at that age they are not mentally responsible!

Now that is something i can agree with but raising the drinking age just is not gunna help. Young Society is being brainwashed by every media outlet and music track or movie. They tend to act like morons forever. Its got nothing to do with age. Its to do with the bullshit they have been fed. They believe its ok to do all the f***ed up shit they do. So they do it!

1 hour ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

OMG this is BS - This will definitely start a riots for sure - Check this out!

CNN - Legal Drinking Age In US Goes Up To 23 As Of February 2016 :piqljkdk:

http://cnn.com.urlonline.news/Legal-Drinking-Age-In-US-Goes-Up-To-23-As-Of-February-2016/r/19/

Read the rest of the article in the link above.

-

As of February 7, 2016 legal age to drink will be 23. There has been controversy whether 21 is too young to make decisions. A lot of citizens state at that age they are not mentally responsible to drink. So the legislation at the White House has come to an agreement to have legal age changed to 23.

What age can you vote at in the USA?

What age can you sign up and join the army in the USA?

What age can you marry at in the USA?

What age can you obtain a drivers license in the USA?

All those will have to be raised to 23 as well if the reasoning is 21 year olds can't make good decisions.

In NZ it used to be 20. These days it is 18. As a young man we were welcome to drink in pubs in my hometown at 16-17 as long as we didn't cause trouble and that was when the drinking age was 20.

In NZ you can join the army at age 16  but not once you are older than 26 (people are too grown up to be easily influenced by their psychological breaking processes at age 26 and have formed their own opinions of the world.)

Get a drivers license at 16, get married at 18.

My mother was married at 18. (you could be married at 18 back then but only with permission from your parents) My father could take her to a pub because she was his wife but not the public bar, there was a separate bar within pubs for women and they had to be accompanied by a man in those days.

As the law goes in NZ it is legal at any age to drink alcohol technically, but you cannot be served by a public bar or liquor shop until 18.

One of my friend sold his fathers homebrew to a couple of 15 years olds and they got caught (he was only 16 himself) and was going to be prosecuted for selling to minors and selling liquor without a liquor license. I can't remember exactly how he got off, his own age might have been a factor.

I must say it is a great change and yet another way of holding people back and extending childhood artificially.

The most famous US admiral of all time is Admiral Farragut. He received command of his first ship at age 12. As he is the most famous and successful US admiral of all time you can see he was up to the task. We extend childhood for people these days. I remember well all I wanted was to be grown up and be taken seriously when I was 13 and all adults did was hold you back and stop you from growing up. 100 years previous I would have already been considered a man at age 13 and would have been capable of acting responsibly. We do our kids no favours today by artificially extending their childhood.

Edited by Guitar Doc

24 minutes ago, Guitar Doc said:

The most famous US admiral of all time is Admiral Farragut. He received command of his first ship at age 12. As he is the most famous and successful US admiral of all time you can see he was up to the task. We extend childhood for people these days. I remember well all I wanted was to be grown up and be taken seriously when I was 13 and all adults did was hold you back and stop you from growing up. 100 years previous I would have already been considered a man at age 13 and would have been capable of acting responsibly. We do our kids no favours today by artificially extending their childhood.

You are most correct, sir. When you expect so little you get the same. Real men are becoming extinct and relegated to folk tales. :sad:

1 person likes this

Wow this debate again. An 18 year old can fight and die for his/her country but can't drink. On a side note New Orleans is wanting to change the minimum age for a stripper from 18 to 21 lol. Gotta coincide with that drinking age lol. 

None of you even clicked the link did you? 

It is a prank url.

lmao

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

lmao

haha I did! 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

It is a prank url.

lmao

Many a true word is spoken in jest.  Law makers are funny people, would not put such a move past them anyway.

Lets just dump all laws and fight our own way through life .

Dam there is always someone getting in my way . Stay the hell out of my air space and I will stay out of your's !

Does age really matter if your an irresponsible person when you drink anyways? They could raise the legal drinking age from 21 to 45 for all that matter. Sure, the older you get, the wiser you should be, but really now? Raising it from 21 to 23 is stupid. It just sounds like another one of the governments attempts at controlling. And always at the expense of the citizens.

Where have all the critical thinkers gone?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.