Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Democrats Visit Mosque to Support Muslim Community

7 posts in this topic

Democrats Visit Mosque to Support Muslim Community

Posted Dec 6 2015

Three members of Congress drove to a mosque in Northern Virginia on Friday afternoon, and sat attentively in the back while members of the congregation said their weekly prayers.

The lawmakers visited the Dar Al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Va., roughly 10 miles from the U.S. Capitol, to show support for the American Muslim community, which has faced threats and heated rhetoric, particularly since the Nov. 13 Paris attacks.

Rep. Don Beyer Jr., D-Va., organized the visit to the mosque, which is in his district, and was joined by two fellow Democrats, Rep. Betty McCollum of Minnesota and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton of the District of Columbia.

“So you say, what can the three of us do, three members of Congress?” Norton asked the crowd after the prayers. “This much we can do. We can come today to say that we stand in total solidarity with you and we represent millions more.”

Read the whole post here : http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/democrats-visit-mosque-support-muslim-community/

I will keep my opinions to my self here . I am happy now that I have never joined any political clubs .  :bananadancing: Through their discourse I shall never have blood on my hands .

3 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Never would they set foot in a church to "show solidarity" with Christians.

They already know they won't get the Christian vote. They are doing this PR crap for votes and no other reason.
(just like they fake caring about "minority" groups before elections)

Men and Women are not allowed to sit together in a Mosque. Not even congress men and women. Going to the mosque and sitting together just showed their ignorance and probably ticked some people off too.

Three members of Congress drove to a mosque in Northern Virginia on Friday afternoon, and sat attentively in the back while members of the congregation said their weekly prayers.

The lawmakers visited the Dar Al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Va., roughly 10 miles from the U.S. Capitol, to show support for the American Muslim community, which has faced threats and heated rhetoric, particularly since the Nov. 13 Paris attacks.

Rep. Don Beyer Jr., D-Va., organized the visit to the mosque, which is in his district, and was joined by two fellow Democrats, Rep. Betty McCollum of Minnesota and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton of the District of Columbia.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/democrats-visit-mosque-support-muslim-community/

54 minutes ago, CGK said:

Men and Women are not allowed to sit together in a Mosque. Not even congress men and women. Going to the mosque and sitting together just showed their ignorance and probably ticked some people off too.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/democrats-visit-mosque-support-muslim-community/

The women didn't have their heads covered either.
I'm surprised they weren't thrown out just for that.

2 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

The women didn't have their heads covered either.
I'm surprised they weren't thrown out just for that.

Like with many things they "compromise" because there is benefit to them.  Seems their "values" are not as rigid as they try and make the world believe!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.