Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Bug's Life

10 posts in this topic

The animated move A Bug's Life (1998) was about a colony of ants, with the protagonist (Flik) being one ant that kept thinking outside the box... and being a general screw-up. The ant colony was in the habit of collecting food each year for their "protectors from other bugs", a gang of grasshoppers led by one called Hopper. Flik eventually was sent on a quest to find bigger bugs to defeat the grasshoppers, in the hope that he'd meet his demise, because he had clumsily destroyed the food collection ("the offering"), and Hopper demanded twice the amount in a short time, or he'd wipe them all out.

In the course of the movie, Hopper states that "You ants are forgetting your place. Ideas are very dangerous things... You are mindless, soil-shoving losers, put on this earth to serve us." At his gang hideout, some of the gang members were saying that they really didn't need to go back for the offering since they already had plenty of food. But Hopper said, "Those ants outnumber us a hundred to one. If you let one ant stand up, then they all might stand up, and there goes our way of life! This is not about food; it's about keeping those ants in line."

Sound familiar?

It should. This is how TPTB view us all. They must control us because they fear us. They know that if we ever organized and rose up as one, they wouldn't stand a chance. So it is in their best interest to keep us divided, afraid, ignorant, and eking out a living.

In my opinion, endlessly analyzing every event, studying codes, looking for clues, is all a distraction. Knowing the truth is our path to unity, but we won't get there by trying to guess when and where they'll strike next. Truth comes through the realization that TPTB are our common enemy, and that only by unifying can we defeat them. So our energy would be better spent in finding ways to get everyone to see the truth about TPTB, by exposing their lies.

Edited by Challenger

Thanks! I should have watched that so I would get the quotes exactly right. But yeah, it was a political statement for sure.

10 minutes ago, Challenger said:

In my opinion, endlessly analyzing every event, studying codes, looking for clues, is all a distraction. Knowing the truth is our path to unity, but we won't get there by trying to guess when and where they'll strike next. Truth comes through the realization that TPTB are our common enemy, and that only by unifying can we defeat them. So our energy would be better spent in finding ways to get everyone to see the truth about TPTB, by exposing their lies.

By analyzing every event, studying codes, looking for clues is exactly how we expose their lies in order to get everyone to see the truth about them. I don't think it's a distraction, I think it's all we have to work with online and on a forum like this. Unless we take note of history we are bound to repeat it. 

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

By analyzing every event, studying codes, looking for clues is exactly how we expose their lies in order to get everyone to see the truth about them. I don't think it's a distraction, I think it's all we have to work with online and on a forum like this. Unless we take note of history we are bound to repeat it. 

What I mean is that we need to remember why we do this, and not get bogged down in the details and forget the purpose. How many more incidents do we need to analyze in order to make the point?

1 minute ago, Challenger said:

What I mean is that we need to remember why we do this, and not get bogged down in the details and forget the purpose. How many more incidents do we need to analyze in order to make the point?

Every. Single. One.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Every. Single. One.

I can agree that we need a lot of data, but there's also the danger of spending all our time collecting it as fast as the pied piper lays them down. If what has happened so far isn't enough to convince people, I'm not sure they'd ever be convinced. All I'm saying is that we need to unify and keep sight of the objective.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

No one is going to control the narrative here. 

:1XqXnoz:

I'm not sure what you mean, but what I'm saying is that we need to unify and stand up, and not be content to collect data.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.