Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

The Bermuda Triangle: Whatever became of the myth

5 posts in this topic

Seventy years after the disappearance of five planes in the Atlantic, Giles Milton investigates one of the world’s most enduring aviation mysteries

The message picked up by the control tower was as bizarre as it was alarming. “Everything looks strange,” said the pilot. “It looks like we’re entering white water. We’re completely lost.”

There were a few more crackles and then silence. It was December 5, 1945, and the five airplanes of Flight 19 – a routine military training mission departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida – had vanished without trace.

For the last 70 years, the disappearance of Flight 19 has been one of the world’s most enduring aviation mysteries. No wreckage was ever found, despite an extensive search, and nor were any bodies recovered. It was as if the planes and their 14 crewmen had simply disappeared into thin air.

In the absence of any hard facts, there was frenzied speculation as to what might have happened. There was also – before long – the birth of an extraordinary myth. The fate of the planes was linked to an area of ocean that became known as the Bermuda Triangle, in which unexplained and seemingly paranormal incidents occurred with alarming frequency.

Now, seven decades after the disappearance of Flight 19, the truth about both the planes and the Bermuda Triangle can finally be revealed.

It is a tale of fantasy, duplicity and wishful thinking – one that was to bring enormous wealth to a handful of individuals. And it all began on that December evening.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/12031649/Whatever-happened-to-the-Bermuda-Triangle.html

This is one strange story. 

1 person likes this

There's some really interesting stories that come out of the Bermuda triangle, strange light, UFOs, magnetic fluxs, and my favorites the crystal pyramids.

I wish I could remember the show, this researcher took an area in the Pacific, same square milage in a triangle shape ( of coarse ),  and researched lost, sunk and or missing ships and planes. He found that the area he picked had the same amount of disappearances.  

There's so much of the ocean that haven't been explored or even looked into that we will never know.

It's the underwater ufo bases that did it.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Redlistvet said:

There's some really interesting stories that come out of the Bermuda triangle, strange light, UFOs, magnetic fluxs, and my favorites the crystal pyramids.

I wish I could remember the show, this researcher took an area in the Pacific, same square milage in a triangle shape ( of coarse ),  and researched lost, sunk and or missing ships and planes. He found that the area he picked had the same amount of disappearances.  

There's so much of the ocean that haven't been explored or even looked into that we will never know.

It's the underwater ufo bases that did it.

There are places on the California coast that are supposed to be underwater UFO bases, been reports about that for years. Not sure exactly what it is, something from space or something military. 

Some places are supposed to exist where electric or alternate dimensions collide. CERN, which I think you made a thread about, creates a "portal" to connect our world with another one.

LUCIFER, a huge binocular infrared telescope, is located in Mt. Graham, Arizona. The Apache Indians opposed the telescope, saying it was where one of their spirits lived. But the Jesuits denied the Indians because there were no shrines on it! So the Catholic Church built there, for some reason, and their astronomers are looking for something "out there."

http://nativeamericannetroots.net/diary/471

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.