Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Texas Secession Passes State Republican Party Resolutions Committee Vote

16 posts in this topic

A resolution that would put Texas secession on the ballot for Republican primary voters has cleared its first hurdle by passing the Republican Party of Texas’ Resolution Committee. The committee met during a regular meeting of the State Republican Executive Committee (SREC).

The resolution was submitted to a vote by the resolutions committee after language was agreed upon.

Six people spoke for the resolution and no one spoke against it. The resolution passed by a vote of 7 to 4.

As passed, the wording of the resolution is as follows:

If the federal government continues to disregard the Constitution and the sovereignty of the State of Texas, the State of Texas and its people should reassert its prior status as an independent nation.

Those members of the committee voting in favor of the resolution include: Bonnie Lugo, SD13; Terri DuBose, SD19; Karl Voigtsberger, SD8; John W. Beckmeyer, SD28; Naomi Narvaiz, SD21; Henry Childs, SD19; and Marvin Clede, SD17.

Opposed to the resolution were: Committee Chairman Mark Ramsey, SD7; Davita Stike, SD14; Sam Dalton, SD20; and David Halvorson, SD12.

The resolution will now be submitted on Saturday to the full body (62 members) of the SREC.

The committeewoman who presented the resolution, Tanya Robertson, SD11, said Texas independence should be put before the voters because Texans are dissatisfied with Washington D.C. representatives and excessive federal government spending.

Robertson told Breitbart Texas, “We made it through the Resolution Committee and will take it up on the floor tomorrow at the regular SREC meeting. Thanks to the seven members of the SREC Resolutions Committee who voted to move the Texas Independence initiative to the floor for a fair debate. They listened to the conservative grassroots of Texas today and it is very much appreciated!”

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/12/04/texas-secession-passes-state-republican-party-resolutions-committee-vote/

Whoa! You go Texans, but watch your backs!

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Whoa! You go Texans, but watch your backs!

It'll be TX literally against the world.

Just now, Challenger said:

It'll be TX literally against the world.

Lots of people will go to Texas, I will be one of them.

2 people like this

Just now, Cinnamon said:

I will if I can.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Anonymous said:

This just a symbolic resolution though. It's nonbinding from what I read.

Dream crusher.  

Lol

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Welcome freedom fighters!

For you minority liberal lefties and illegal aliens, make room. :balk2:

BTW, my favorite evil chuckle emoticon is missing from the list. :sad:

4 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Welcome freedom fighters!

For you minority liberal lefties and illegal aliens, make room. :balk2:

BTW, my favorite evil chuckle emoticon is missing from the list. :sad:

Not to go off-topic. But you only get a list of a few of the smilies in each category unless you open it up fully. when you open the emoticon box click the categories text in th upper right of the box and see each full category. Tons of emoticons in them. more than most know about.

Just now, Ukshep said:

Not to go off-topic. But you only get a list of a few of the smilies in each category unless you open it up fully. when you open the emoticon box click the categories text in th upper right of the box and see each full category. Tons of emoticons in them. more than most know about.

Thank you Mr. Shep. I love discovering "secrets." :fbmnoqmo:

What a bunch of chicken shits!

Texas GOP votes not to put secession question on primary ballot

Posted: 5:07 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015

By Jonathan Tilove - American-Statesman Staff

By a wide margin, the Texas Republican Party’s state executive committee voted not to put a measure on the March 1 primary ballot to test sentiment on Texas independence.

Proponents said it was a harmless measure that would test public sentiment and drive up turnout in the primary by drawing Texas nationalists to vote on the GOP side.

<snip>

After less than a half-hour of debate, the measure was defeated on a voice vote, and a motion for a roll call vote was also defeated on a voice vote. Instead, members of the executive committee were asked to stand to indicate their preference, and it appeared that less than a third of the panel backed putting the language on the ballot. The quick vote, though, defied a good headcount earlier.

Daniel Miller of Nederland, president of the Texas Nationalist Movement, said the group had counted 20 commitments from State Republican Executive Committee members before the vote.

More:

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/texas-gop-votes-not-to-put-secession-question-on-p/npc3D/

The screwy part was when several states tried this it had to be signed off by the establishment in Washington.  Hmm......Wonder how many overreaching Federal idiots are going to allow that to happen?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.