Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
daersoulkeeper

I just realized there is a VERY simple proof the world is indeed flat and has to be

55 posts in this topic

THE COMPASS!!!

 

on a round globe. pick the center of it anywhere.  if you go left from there that is west. if you go right from there that is east.

 

this means at some point west and east must meet at some point, but this is completely impossible and does not happen.  west is always west, and east is always east.

 

on a flat map the direction constantly changes depending on where you are. 

example:

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g327/samuel_adams1/compass%20proves%20flat%20earth.jpg   (obviously i over-exaggerated the west east lines as they are ever changing)

 

on a round world its a straight line west and straight line east that meet each other.  on the flat map it is ever changing depending on where you are. 

 

AKA ON A ROUND MAP IT IS A FLAT LINE THAT GOES IN A CIRCLE (pick a direction and stick with it until you are back where you started), ON A FLAT MAP IT IS A *EVER CHANGING DIRECTIONAL CIRCULAR LINE*, 2 very different things...you can't pick a direction west and go straight and stay west, you will end up in the south pole).

Edited by daersoulkeeper
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I find an east to west road and travel in a straight enough line on it, the compass should be off by a few degrees.

Anyone in Southern Minnesota wanna take a roadtrip on I-90 from Albert Lea, MN to Sioux Falls, SD and see if it is off by 3 degrees?

Otherwise, I-94 from Fargo, ND to Bismarck, ND would also be a good choice and should be off by about 4 degrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

So if I find an east to west road and travel in a straight enough line on it, the compass should be off by a few degrees.

Anyone in Southern Minnesota wanna take a roadtrip on I-90 from Albert Lea, MN to Sioux Falls, SD and see if it is off by 3 degrees?

Otherwise, I-94 from Fargo, ND to Bismarck, ND would also be a good choice and should be off by about 4 degrees.

RW, you're an airline pilot, or a private pilot? Wasn't that you? And if so, how high have you been, and have you witnessed first hand the curvature of the earth. If so I take that as gospel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

RW, you're an airline pilot, or a private pilot? Wasn't that you? And if so, how high have you been, and have you witnessed first hand the curvature of the earth. If so I take that as gospel.

I've been told that curvature is impossible to see at airliner altitudes, even most military jet altitudes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

RW, you're an airline pilot, or a private pilot? Wasn't that you? And if so, how high have you been, and have you witnessed first hand the curvature of the earth. If so I take that as gospel.

Not, me. I keep my paws on the ground, thank you very much!

I have only ever been up in helicopters, and even back then it was less than 1,000ft of altitude above the ground.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RabidWolf said:

Not, me. I keep my paws on the ground, thank you very much!

I have only ever been up in helicopters, and even back then it was less than 1,000ft of altitude above the ground.

 

It must've been CGK than. You're like me. I don't like heights at all neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Challenger said:

I've been told that curvature is impossible to see at airliner altitudes, even most military jet altitudes.

Really? Some of those airliners are up 40 something thousand feet. I think though now that I think of it, some of those balloons were even much higher, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cryptic Mole said:

Really? Some of those airliners are up 40 something thousand feet. I think though now that I think of it, some of those balloons were even much higher, correct?

Yes, around 70,000. And there wasn't any curvature unless there was known barrel distortion in the camera lens. So if a pilot says they saw curvature, that can't be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Challenger said:

Yes, around 70,000. And there wasn't any curvature unless there was known barrel distortion in the camera lens. So if a pilot says they saw curvature, that can't be true.

Wasn't there a balloon that went to 125,000 feet, or was supposed to. Maybe that's the one that failed a number of months back, or there was trouble with the camera shutting off too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.