Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What the FBI wants from ISPs

3 posts in this topic

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/11/30/internet-provider-gagged-for-decade-reveals-what-fbi-wanted-without-warrant

For years after receiving a national security letter from the FBI, he was an anonymous litigant and unnamed op-ed writer, barred by a gag order from revealing that he had received a warrantless demand for customer information. Now, Nicholas Merrill’s gag order has been lifted in full... Victory in hand, Merrill said Monday that the NSL he received demanded his customer’s full Internet browsing history, records of online purchases, a list of Internet Protocol addresses for the target's contacts and location information. A copy of the document with more technical language was released.

23 minutes ago, Challenger said:

This happens more than people think. Especially on specific forums/websites and online stores that sell specific content or provide services used by those the government deems a risk.

I have thought on this long and hard before i decided to boot up this forum. And i would always even if slapped with a gag order speak out. the way i see it is they depend fully on fear tactics. and i would most certainly get jail time and a fine for breaking any such order. But things like this sway public opinion and coming out would push the machine thats working against everyone back a few feet giving us all breathing space and allowing the victims of such cases to fight back. Sure its risky and it involves some margin of error. But when the man comes to you and demands your shit and the shit of people you protect even by court order. YOU HAVE A F***ING RESPONSIBILITY TO STAND UP AND SAY I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS. I WILL NOT STAND BY WHILE YOU TAKE FROM THOSE THAT ARE NOT YOURS. I WILL NOT STAND BY WHILE YOU USE SUCH INFO TO ATTACK PEOPLE AND CREATE LISTS.

Subjugation and revolutions that lead to change are categorized by 2 kinds of people. Those that can be controlled and those that cannot. Think on this and if the time comes when you are faced with such a decision. Make the correct choice. If every man and woman fought for what was right and for the people. Evil would stand no chance.

2 people like this

I'm out of greens already (haven't given any today, so the 'day' must be determined by the server's timezone), but that's exactly right. We all have to stand at whatever place we are and say NO to "the man".

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.