Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cryptid Mold

There Are 645 Users Online At The Moment

12 posts in this topic

I noticed those online numbers too.

Ive been told by Shep in the past that  its bots indexing pages for search engines.  That seems like a lot of bots to me. The forum is not slowing down so I don't think its an attack???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

728 Maximum ever online, and I believe that was today.

Facebook?

Before its News?

Facebook checked! no major traffic from them

Before its News! no major traffic from them

And checked Twitter too.

Im guessing its one of the usual and very stupid referreral spam bots... they have no purpose at all. Ruining all my stats up :) they are like analytics trolls. but cant know for sure and its delayed today so i wont see stats till tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CGK said:

I noticed those online numbers too.

Ive been told by Shep in the past that  its bots indexing pages for search engines.  That seems like a lot of bots to me. The forum is not slowing down so I don't think its an attack???

Maybe the government spooks were given an assignment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Maybe the government spooks were given an assignment.

One always wonders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Facebook checked! no major traffic from them

Before its News! no major traffic from them

And checked Twitter too.

Im guessing its one of the usual and very stupid referreral spam bots... they have no purpose at all. Ruining all my stats up :) they are like analytics trolls. but cant know for sure and its delayed today so i wont see stats till tomorrow.

 

When you figure it out, please be sure to post it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Checked logs and urls visited. It was a bot, several infact. They were scraping for plugin logs used on wordpress websites, specifically for plugins that are out of date. Obviously not gunna work here. we dont use wordpress :D

I also did the justice of filing a report. for the attempt since he is hiding behind a cloudflare ip i also let them know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Ok. Checked logs and urls visited. It was a bot, several infact. They were scraping for plugin logs used on wordpress websites, specifically for plugins that are out of date. Obviously not gunna work here. we dont use wordpress :D

Yeah, we're back down to 33 users online... lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.