Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

European Union, Turkey Seal Agreement on Migrants

3 posts in this topic

Updated | BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Turkey will help stem the flow of migrants to Europe in return for cash, visas and renewed talks on joining the EU in a deal struck on Sunday that the Turkish prime minister called a "new beginning" for the uneasy neighbors.

Leaders of the 28 European Union states met Turkish premier Ahmet Davutoglu in Brussels on Sunday evening to give their collective political blessing to an agreement hammered out by diplomats over the past few weeks.

A spokesman for summit chairman Donald Tusk, the European Council president, said a joint statement had been agreed. He gave no details but a draft seen earlier in the day by Reuters was in line with proposals discussed in the past few days

<snip>

http://www.newsweek.com/european-union-turkey-seal-migrants-deal-399293

I know it seems like every post I put up is about refugees but there is so much going on and so many agreements being signed or considered that all revolve around them. There are dots to be connected with all of this. 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-29/eu-turkey-agree-on-means-to-stem-refugee-flow-swamping-europe

<snip>

Membership Bid

The EU and Turkey will “step up their active cooperation on migrants who are not in need of international protection,” leaders said in their statement.

This will include working together to prevent migrants traveling to Turkey and the EU and “swiftly returning migrants who are not in need of international protection to their countries of origin,” according to the statement.

In return, negotiations on Turkey’s EU membership bid will restart as early as Dec. 14 by opening talks on economic and monetary issues. In a further concession to the Turkish leadership, the EU agreed to hold two summits with the country each year.

<snip> 

turkey can go **** themselves. Aiding the enemies of all FREE PEOPLES OF THIS PLANET! remind me of the times of the byzantine empire. How history does not change much.

The EU can have them. If i have my way the uk will be leaving the EU. Im currently building connections best i can with a few people i know and im keeping whats going on under my hat in case it does not pan out. But if the talks in january go well with these people then you may just hear more about me. Under my real name ofc.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.