Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guitar Doc

Donald S and the Hunger Games exposed

3 posts in this topic

I just read this. Made me wonder how many other people have said the same thing more or less.

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/11/donald-sutherland-explains-the-real-meaning-of-hunger-games-and-why-its-message-must-be-understood.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ActivistPost+%28Activist+Post%29

If there’s any question as to what it’s an allegory for (the Hunger Games)I will tell you.

It is the powers that be in the United States of America.

It’s profiteers.

War is for profit. It’s not “to save the world for democracy” or “for king and country.”

No, bulls**t.

It’s for the profit of the top 10%, and the young people who see this film must recognize that for the future ‘blind faith in their leaders,’ as Bruce Springsteen said, “will get you dead.”

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small “inside” group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

Once upon a time saying what Donald Sutherland said would end your career in Hollywood.

I guess it must be hard for some of these people watching everyone get hoodwinked over 50 years saying to yourself "They will see it soon" but it never happens.

Literature is full of subversive information. A place to hide it as so few people read anything these days, so the message filter through to those most prepared to think about it. "Young Adults" are a targeted market, but occasionally someone sneaks something through. The great tradition, Steinbeck did it showed people how it wasn't just pearl sellers who were ripping people off, that was the allegory, the whole of the working masses were being duped.

Literature has always been a good vehicle for hiding information in plain sight and getting away with it. Good films also dabble in that area but have to tread much lightly as they work for the very people they would be criticizing, All Quiet on the Western Front was produced in the USA after the novel of the same name was banned and burned in Germany. It told of what the life of a soldier really was for a German in WWI. The public were kept in the dark as to what was really happening on the front lines. Few understood what the soldiers had been through.

There are thousands of people writing stuff trying to wake people up in any small way. Hiding it in their novels, in their daily work putting it between the lines. Most of them have the same underlying theme, "You don't have to put up with it." And "If you want things to change you will have to be a little bit brave" which is the part most people have problems with.

1 person likes this

Great post as always. I've always seen that movie and the books as a warning and use it when explaining to my kids that if we don't wake up this is what life will be like soon. Fighting to food and survival just to amuse those in power. 

1 hour ago, Guitar Doc said:

I just read this. Made me wonder how many other people have said the same thing more or less.

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/11/donald-sutherland-explains-the-real-meaning-of-hunger-games-and-why-its-message-must-be-understood.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ActivistPost+%28Activist+Post%29

If there’s any question as to what it’s an allegory for (the Hunger Games)I will tell you.

It is the powers that be in the United States of America.

It’s profiteers.

War is for profit. It’s not “to save the world for democracy” or “for king and country.”

No, bulls**t.

It’s for the profit of the top 10%, and the young people who see this film must recognize that for the future ‘blind faith in their leaders,’ as Bruce Springsteen said, “will get you dead.”

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small “inside” group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

Once upon a time saying what Donald Sutherland said would end your career in Hollywood.

I guess it must be hard for some of these people watching everyone get hoodwinked over 50 years saying to yourself "They will see it soon" but it never happens.

Literature is full of subversive information. A place to hide it as so few people read anything these days, so the message filter through to those most prepared to think about it. "Young Adults" are a targeted market, but occasionally someone sneaks something through. The great tradition, Steinbeck did it showed people how it wasn't just pearl sellers who were ripping people off, that was the allegory, the whole of the working masses were being duped.

Literature has always been a good vehicle for hiding information in plain sight and getting away with it. Good films also dabble in that area but have to tread much lightly as they work for the very people they would be criticizing, All Quiet on the Western Front was produced in the USA after the novel of the same name was banned and burned in Germany. It told of what the life of a soldier really was for a German in WWI. The public were kept in the dark as to what was really happening on the front lines. Few understood what the soldiers had been through.

There are thousands of people writing stuff trying to wake people up in any small way. Hiding it in their novels, in their daily work putting it between the lines. Most of them have the same underlying theme, "You don't have to put up with it." And "If you want things to change you will have to be a little bit brave" which is the part most people have problems with.

That quote from "war is a racket " by Smedly Butler is one of my favorite quotes! I'm the type that feels that no one has the right to tell anyone what to do or read but I do feel that that book should be mandatory reading in school!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.