Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

Protesters Terrorise Shoppers

11 posts in this topic

I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech and the right to peacefully assemble as long as your "rights" do not interfere with my "rights." 

What about the rights of the store owners who lost money yesterday due to protesters blocking doors and intimidating shoppers?  Where do you draw the line on what is lawful and what is lawless?

If people want to protest, do it on the sidewalk or in a public park, not in the middle of the street while screaming profanities on a bullhorn.

Here are some interesting comments from a Black Friday "protest" in Chicago.

The new iPhones seemed tantalizingly within reach — separated from the cold, rainy street only by the spotless glass facade of the North Michigan Avenue Apple store, and a line of protesters, determined to keep would-be shoppers out.

"I'm an American!" hollered an angry woman in a red raincoat as she made a doomed attempt to force her way through the scrum of protesters. "I just want to get in the store. ... I just want to shop!"

<snip>

Kay Krishnamurthy, 54, said, "the whole South Side is on fire. Why don't they tackle the violence in their own communities?" She nodded again when he said of McDonald's killing, "Mistakes do happen."

<snip>

Some shoppers managed to break through the protesters' line. At Topshop, a middle-aged man in a ball cap bearing "Iowa" punched his way through the line in a successful effort to get access to cut-price British fashions.

And at Zara, a Schaumburg man who gave his name only as Scott, 31, violently burst through the line and then through a revolving door like a running back looking to make a first down.

"I'm looking for a sports jacket," he said as he got his breath back. "Compared to what's happening in Syria, what's happening here is nothing much.

<snip>

Others took a more draconian line. Vince Tribo, 84, was out shopping for underwear. He said he lived in Flossmoor but also keeps a downtown condo, and that he "doesn't really believe in protesting."

"I grew up in Italy under Mussolini — I wasn't brought up with all this," he confided with a smile, gesturing to the crowd, which was chanting that McDonald had been shot 16 times. "There was more discipline and law and order."

"My mother always said that before Mussolini came to power it was lawless," he added, before gesturing to the crowd again and adding, "it was like this."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-black-friday-michigan-ave-shops-1128-biz-20151127-story.html#nt=outfit

Good read - Did you hear some of the rumours? ISIS is infiltrating BLM and other groups. I guess todays Idiots will be tommorows dead terrorist.

6 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Good read - Did you hear some of the rumours? ISIS is infiltrating BLM and other groups. I guess todays Idiots will be tommorows dead terrorist.

HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!? And the really sad part is he believes his own bullshit! Anyone want to bet that he's part of the free shit army you know the like 46% of the population that gets a government kick back every month. Yeah when TSHF that guys gonna be a target

Just now, Cryptic Mole said:

All the more reason to do all of your Christmas shopping online.

Which is exactly what they want. Everybody imprison themselves in their homes, while we re-purpose the shopping malls into actual prisons. Not safe to go anywhere? Then you don't need cars. Food will be brought to you by the government, and you will be grateful.

7 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Which is exactly what they want. Everybody imprison themselves in their homes, while we re-purpose the shopping malls into actual prisons. Not safe to go anywhere? Then you don't need cars. Food will be brought to you by the government, and you will be grateful.

I agree, and believe me, I've already thought of that when I was posting the above, but hell, we didn't create this situation. They did. Now we are forced to do what's best for us and our families when it comes to safety. Anyway, we all knew this was coming a long way back. The sad part is it'll only get worse from here, and like it or not, we'll all be doing our shopping online.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

a mob of ppl fighting over low quality junk they dont need, no thanks.

im not a scrooge but im not buying anyone anything for christmas!

everyone i know is in more need of making ends meet and keeping the lights on. sure they would like a gift to open on christmas but would be much better off with a bank envelope to help with food and such.

in one case, a close friend who needed to borrow money from me for a car battery will simply have his debt forgiven. he will have it on the tenth of this month but its gonna kill his christmas to pay me back so im just gonna say merry christmas keep it.

so all my christmas shopping will amount to is a trip to the bank today to get cash and a dozen of those free envelopes they give away.

1 minute ago, Radio said:

a mob of ppl fighting over low quality junk they dont need, no thanks.

im not a scrooge but im not buying anyone anything for christmas!

everyone i know is in more need of making ends meet and keeping the lights on. sure they would like a gift to open on christmas but would be much better off with a bank envelope to help with food and such.

in one case, a close friend who needed to borrow money from me for a car battery will simply have his debt forgiven. he will have it on the tenth of this month but its gonna kill his christmas to pay me back so im just gonna say merry christmas keep it.

so all my christmas shopping will amount to is a trip to the bank today to get cash and a dozen of those free envelopes they give away.

That's what Christmas should always have been about.

Our whole extended family is doing away with the traditional gift exchange and just getting together for food and fun. The kids will maybe get a game or two and some T-shirts, but we're all on tight budgets. All the things we could sell are being given away instead, and we're considering having us all put things we can part with into a pile and seeing if anybody in the family needs them, and give the rest to thrift shops.

On December 1, 2015 at 7:49:50 AM, Challenger said:

That's what Christmas should always have been about.

Our whole extended family is doing away with the traditional gift exchange and just getting together for food and fun. The kids will maybe get a game or two and some T-shirts, but we're all on tight budgets. All the things we could sell are being given away instead, and we're considering having us all put things we can part with into a pile and seeing if anybody in the family needs them, and give the rest to thrift shops.

I love that idea. My fam has been told it's gonna be a little tight this year but not so bad that no one will get anything. We've pretty much decided to only get one thing for the adults and depending on price two or three things for the kids. I mean they got tvs and things last year and we have xbox and PS3 which they don't play with so no need to get more(I play the Xbox more than my kids lol). My son is a teen and loves to hunt so I may be getting him some new camo or a new rifle if the price is right and my daughter only wants a silver name tag neckless. I think they are finally realizing what the holidays are about and aren't begging for every thing they see. 

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎07‎:‎15‎, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Actually, blmers are and have been sought out within the walls of federal and private prisons.

Quite frankly, if I were ISIS, I wouldn't hope to have to depend on one of my "black friends".

LOL.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.