Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Turkey jails two journalists over claims Ankara supplied arms to Syrian jihadis Turkish authorities have arrested two prominent reporters

3 posts in this topic

Turkey jails two journalists over claims Ankara supplied arms to Syrian jihadis

Turkish authorities have arrested two prominent reporters on charges of assisting terrorism. They had published video footage online that allegedly tied the country's state intelligence agency to Islamists in Syria.

In May 2015, the two journalists had published a video on the newspaper's website dating back to January 2014 that allegedly showed Turkish police open Syria-bound crates of weapons and ammunition on trucks belonging to Turkey's intelligence agency, MIT.

Dündar, 54, the newspaper's editor-in-chief and a well-known veteran journalist in Turkey, and Gül, the paper's Ankara bureau chief, have both been taken into custody, as social media users across Turkey voiced their criticism at the recently-elected government's tough stance on journalists.

<snip>

http://www.dw.com/en/turkey-jails-two-journalists-over-claims-ankara-supplied-arms-to-syrian-jihadis/a-18878867

Turkey... you can't tell me the rest of NATO does not know what they are up to! 

1 person likes this

Thanks for posting this Cin I saw it about an hour ago and haven't had a chance to start a thread. 

I I can see something like this happen in soon here when big O gets his way. Or even if a Dem gets in for pres next year. We are living in scary times right now. These journalist were charged with espionage when they were just reporting. Here in the west we still have the first amendment however Facebook and other social media sites are restricting our rights. Finally took the plunge and I am now Facebook free. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.