Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

The Dream Thread

19 posts in this topic

I dream vividly most every night. Some dreams I remember, some I don't.

I thought it might be interesting to have a dream thread because some of our dreams may actually be premonitions. I wonder if any of us are having similar dreams? Feel free to post anything dream related here. This could be fun and educational.

So YOU Are Having Premonitions?

The most common way to receive premonitions is through your dreams. Most people spend an average of one third of their lives asleep so it isn’t uncommon to have at least one premonition in your life. Dreams give us insight and understanding even when our conscious mind doesn’t. Dreams can also hold message to the future.
So you are experiencing them – so now what?

• The best thing to do if you are encountering premonitions is not to panic
• Keep a notepad and pen by your bedside
• When you wake up in the morning, try to stay in your same position and relax
• In your mind, drift closer to the dream
• Do not think of the days activities. Stay close to the dream.
• Start writing.
• Document every detail, even the tiniest ones such as colors you saw, numbers that popped up and your feelings that you felt during the dream
• Symbolism plays a huge role in premonitions. Do not take everything literal. Instead keep an open mind.
• Date stamp each dream/premonition
• Talk to your friends or family about it

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/ahappymedium/2012/07/premonitions-no-ordinary-dream/

I will start.

Last night I had a dream that was disturbing. There was a national alert over 2 Chinese men with briefcase bombs. Everyone was supposed to be on the lookout for these Chinese men. I saw them walk into an airport. The were wearing dark blue suits and moving very fast.  I saw them go through a restricted access door and down some steps. I was desperately trying to find airport security to tell them what I had just seen. Then I woke up.

About 5 or 6 years back I used to have experiences that I would say were actually between being awake and dream state. The experiences were so profound that when I had them, I was unable to sleep for weeks at a time. Each time this happened, I estimated each episode lasted approx. ten minutes. Some were awe inspiring while others were horrendous, so I wrote a short explanation in verse.

This shit started to overtake me and my life to the point where even while I was driving, I began having these experiences. They lasted only 30 seconds to maybe one minute, but what was amazing was I was still able to fully function while driving my truck.

Another little hint that I was about to enter into one of these episodes was while being home on my computer, I would hear someone talking nearby, or someone on the radio or TV. I would read a word on the screen and I would hear the same word I was reading being verbally said at the same time, or just a fraction of a second off. Even if I w as driving with the radio on, I would read a street sign and hear the same word I was hearing on the radio. It was usually words that one might find on a highway sign like exit, enter, slow down, and related words

I know this isn't about dreams, but I'm sure this would merit well deserved research by the person/persons who may be interested.

Into The Night:

In an instant time stands still.
Everything stops.
Just for one moment.
Suddenly it whelms up within me.
I cannot control what will come.
Great joy, or great sorrow is rushing into my spirit.
I cannot stop it.
Nor do I want to.
It must happen.
I have no choice.
I am completely overtaken by it.
I am consumed by it.
There is nothing else that matters that very moment.
It has full control of my spirit.
I am in full understanding at that very moment.
Not a doubt within me.
All is true.
All will surely happen.
Suddenly I am back.
Into my false and illusive reality.
My mind is reeling.
Unable to let go of what has happened.
Sleep departs because of it.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

I think dreams do tell us something but the meanings can be very open ended. I have never posted one of mine on there but I feel that I need too with this one.

I was in some kind of class room, not as a student but as a open house thing. The group missed the elevator and had to wait for the next one (got the impression that this was in a very tall building). The next group of people that came in where trying to build something and I was being asked questions about my prior military service and knowledge. The questions were more along the line of how to get people to work with each other, working as a team and using experience to get this thing built. A bridge maybe, it was red blocks and red tubes.

The next thing I know is I'm outside trying to leave this place when some friends show up that I haven't seen in a while, one was ex-military and others civilian.  There was a discussion of guns, the veteran had this really strange rifle that had a receiver like a 240 bravo but the barrel was longer and the trigger and grip was mounted just behind the barrel.  I wanted to shoot this thing but he didn't have ammo for it.
   My wife and I left them and was headed back into this (campus?) to meet our kids, current age. I don't know what they were doing but we asked them if they had fun and saw anything cool. They said yes and were happy and in a good mood.

We were walking back into the direction of the buildings, it was west facing, I don't know why, just knew it was west. There was an old church on the right, tall bell tower, old stones, and stained glass windows. A large open area plaza that looked out across the ocean, like a bay, and newer two story buildings that were on the left. There was a huge mountain that was behind these buildings off in the distance probably under 5 miles away. This reminded me of mount Humbug on the Oregon coast, south of PortOrford. 

We, the family, was heading in the direction of the church to leave when we saw this large black cloud heading in the direction of the mountain.  We didn't know what it was, thought it was a flock of birds or a swarm of bugs. Suddenly it turned and headed straight over our heads.  We could see fire in it. It hit the ground behind us and to the east. We could see the explosion and dust cloud from its impact. The kids and wife started to freak out and were really scared. I remember trying to calm them down till about three or four more fire balls came flying in. One hitting the water inside the bay really close to us. That's when I got freaked out and grabbed the family and ran.

The next thing is we weren't at home but we where gathering up our stuff to leave, food, clothes, guns/ammo and other things.  What ever was going on was still happening and we had to head out to a safe place that I knew of, that wasn't being affected. The kids kept asking if this was a meteor shower, volcano, or alien attack. I was irritated with them because they weren't moving fast enough getting the stuff ready to leave. That's when I woke up.

1 person likes this

I don't know if this means anything but I figured I share my dream from last night.

All I remember is a lot of people were walking down the street heading to some sort of protest. The protesters took the Lone Star (Texas Flag) off the pole in  front of my house. I was really ticked off about it. I looked at a calendar in my office and noticed the day was December 23. That's all I got.

Dreams dreans wonderful strange dreams. I had one last night tha I mentioned in another thread and I'll copy it here. I'm gonna try to remember any info I left off of there and post it later. And I'll follow up on any new dreams I have. Heck I'll even mention the dreams my fiancé has as well. She really has some vivid ones. 

From the other thread "Trump will win presidency but won't be president"

"Wow I just had a dream of the very thing last night! In my dream Trump had 70% of the popular vote and hill only had 18% but when it came time for the innogoration(sp) there was a huge attack on DC by non other than Muslims and a lot of politicians were killed and the last one standing was Hillary only because she knew of the attack or possibly set it up and hid like the B that she is.  However in my dream I kept seeing flags, the gadsen flag and the battle flag. I kept seeing the words the south will rise again over and over. Just before I woke up it seemed like there was a civil war starting up headed by the states of Texas Louisiana and a cpl more southern states." 

Im also remembering more flags in my dream. I seem to remember the American flag burning while the battle flag went up. Also a black flag... I don't think it was the Isis flag tho. 

My fiancé keeps having dreams of mass pandemics ie. Zombies and the like. While she does love the walking dead and a lot of George Romeros movies I don't think that has to do with her dreams. In all of them the connection is that we still lived in Miami and we're trying to get out when shtf. She recently had one inwich something broke out and people were fighting each other to board a huge ship to ride out what was happening at sea. The ship was able to hold over 100,000 people and had food and water for a year. 

She has a lot of dreams of escaping some type of pandemic. 

It is important to realize that dreams are a product of your deepest fears and desires. During stressful times such as these, its easy to understand why people are dreaming the types of dreams they're dreaming. Though some may very well turn out being prophetic, its really not rocket science. There's really no mystery at all. It's all about stress release, and the mind taking protective measures..

But sometimes...

Edited by Cryptic Mole

1 hour ago, Cryptic Mole said:

It is important to realize that dreams are a product of your deepest fears and desires. During stressful times such as these, its easy to understand why people are dreaming the types of dreams they're dreaming. Though some may very well turn out being prophetic, its really not rocket science. There's really no mystery at all. It's all about stress release, and the mind taking protective measures..

But sometimes...

Now to tell the difference...

I rarely have dreams that turn out to mean anything, but I hardly ever talk about them. The one time I ever talked about it, was about a minor car accident in a particular place, and the steps I went through afterwards to deal with it. And it came true within the hour I told it to someone, in uncanny detail. Yet there was nothing in that dream to make it stand out or seem different. In fact, I've had much more vivid  and seemingly symbolic dreams that never amounted to anything. On the other hand, my husband has the craziest realistic dreams on a regular basis, but they never turn out to mean anything either.

But one time, after a series of untimely deaths in our families, my husband woke up one morning and just said "I dreamed that my mother will die, and then that's it." We didn't know his mother had any health issues at the time, but she died within a few months. Since then, there have been several times that relatives should have died but didn't, which confirms the dream as coming from somewhere other than fears and desires. And I have no doubt of that dream's divine source, a dream which gave me great strength and hope through some very sad and ominous situations. Yet those situations almost all involved my side of the family, though the dream itself was given to my husband.

I need to start keeping a dream journal!  The other night I had a dream about Christ, the flat earth, and finding salvation through truth.  However, that's about all I remember.  I'm pretty sure there was an important message in that dream haha!

54 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Now to tell the difference...

I rarely have dreams that turn out to mean anything, but I hardly ever talk about them. The one time I ever talked about it, was about a minor car accident in a particular place, and the steps I went through afterwards to deal with it. And it came true within the hour I told it to someone, in uncanny detail. Yet there was nothing in that dream to make it stand out or seem different. In fact, I've had much more vivid  and seemingly symbolic dreams that never amounted to anything. On the other hand, my husband has the craziest realistic dreams on a regular basis, but they never turn out to mean anything either.

But one time, after a series of untimely deaths in our families, my husband woke up one morning and just said "I dreamed that my mother will die, and then that's it." We didn't know his mother had any health issues at the time, but she died within a few months. Since then, there have been several times that relatives should have died but didn't, which confirms the dream as coming from somewhere other than fears and desires. And I have no doubt of that dream's divine source, a dream which gave me great strength and hope through some very sad and ominous situations. Yet those situations almost all involved my side of the family, though the dream itself was given to my husband.

Thus my statement "But Sometimes..."

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.