Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

China unveils ‘armed attack’ robots armed with guns and grenades

5 posts in this topic

Rifle-wielding robots that can launch grenades unveiled in China to help fight terror

“Armed attack” robots that carry rifles and grenade launchers have been unveiled in China as the latest line of defence in the fight against “global terror”, state media reported.

The toy-sized attacker is one of a trio of new “anti-terror” machines, Xinhua news agency said, in a report which did not specify measures that would stop the robots falling into the wrong hands.

“The toy-sized robots can coordinate with each other on the battlefield,” said the report, following their unveiling at the 2015 World Robot Conference in Beijing.

The first model is known as a “reconnaissance” robot, which scouts for poisonous gases, dangerous chemicals and explosives before transmitting its findings back to base.

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/12018312/China-unveils-armed-attack-robots-armed-with-guns-and-grenades.html

MY INPUT: The images at the source look a but sheet! :D but hey mount a machine-gun on a robot and anything looks cool right? :chuckle:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Rifle-wielding robots that can launch grenades unveiled in China to help fight terror

“Armed attack” robots that carry rifles and grenade launchers have been unveiled in China as the latest line of defence in the fight against “global terror”, state media reported.

The toy-sized attacker is one of a trio of new “anti-terror” machines, Xinhua news agency said, in a report which did not specify measures that would stop the robots falling into the wrong hands.

“The toy-sized robots can coordinate with each other on the battlefield,” said the report, following their unveiling at the 2015 World Robot Conference in Beijing.

The first model is known as a “reconnaissance” robot, which scouts for poisonous gases, dangerous chemicals and explosives before transmitting its findings back to base.

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/12018312/China-unveils-armed-attack-robots-armed-with-guns-and-grenades.html

MY INPUT: The images at the source look a but sheet! :D but hey mount a machine-gun on a robot and anything looks cool right? :chuckle:

What I am noticing in all the news is that everything China is doing, when it comes to arming themselves, is being portrayed as benign and everything is said to be defensive. hmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

What I am noticing in all the news is that everything China is doing, when it comes to arming themselves, is being portrayed as benign and everything is said to be defensive. hmmm

Cant piss off the guy who makes you fine merchandise for 2 cents :D Gotta resell in the US of A!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ukshep said:

Cant piss off the guy who makes you fine merchandise for 2 cents :D Gotta resell in the US of A!

True, but I'm tired of buying things that break before I get the package open. lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.