Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

Feds Tell Texas They Can't Block Syrian Refugees

46 posts in this topic

The Feds can say whatever they want but everyone knows you can't tell a Texan what to do!

Feds tell Texas resettlement agencies that state cannot block Syrians

The federal government on Wednesday informed refugee resettlement agencies in Texas and across the United States that states do not have the authority to refuse to accept Syrians.

The statement, made in a letter obtained by the Houston Chronicle, marks the first time that federal refugee program officials formally have denounced statements by governors including Greg Abbott of Texas and may signal they will place Syrians here and elsewhere regardless of the governors' wishes.

"States may not deny (Office of Refugee Resettlement)-funded benefits and services to refugees based on a refugee's country of origin or religious affiliation. Accordingly, states may not categorically deny ORR-funded benefits and services to Syrian refugees," wrote Robert Carey, director of the office, adding that states that do not comply would be violating the law and "could be subject to enforcement action, including suspension or termination."

Abbott's office declined comment.

More:

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Feds-tell-Texas-resettlement-agencies-that-state-6657517.php

1 person likes this

Bullshit! I hope texas mobilizes what forces it has and enforces it if the fed wont listen!

We are already on it Shep! The Federal Government has poked Texas one too many times! We are sick of them and are working towards Independence!

TX Independence Petition 2015 - We Are Close

During this petition campaign to give Texans an opportunity to vote on Texas independence, our main challenge has never been in finding support. The challenge has been one purely of logistics.

Achieving victory in this campaign has been about having enough supporters do their part by becoming volunteers to connect with our supporters all over Texas to guide them through an antiquated and difficult legal process to gather the signatures.

Although we are still processing forms and these numbers are not final, between the forms that have been processed, forms that have been submitted but haven't been processed, signatures reported still in the hands of circulators, and self-service signature pledges that haven't made it to the office yet, we estimate that we are approximately 75% of our way to the goal.

Therefore, we are extending our deadline for receiving petition forms to December 12th so that our supporters can have the maximum amount of time to get this done.

• We need everyone who still has signatures to get them submitted quickly.

• We need every supporter, who has not already signed the petition, to use the self-service option, sign the petition, gather 3 or more additional signatures, get the form notarized, and send it in.

• If you have already signed the petition, we ask that you either download the petition form (choose the self-service option) and help us collect a few signatures, or direct people to the petition form on the site and help them get it signed and sent it.

Don't let up, don't delay and absolutely do not leave it up to others. Do your part and we can hit our goal.

This may just be a step in the larger campaign to getting and winning a binding referendum, it’s still a step that it would be helpful to take.

With your help, we can do this.

As we prepare for the next phase of the campaign to win Texas independence, we are going to need a massive number of supporters to become volunteers to help us with the task of connecting with ‘yes’ voters in towns and cities throughout Texas. Go here and become a part of the solution. http://thetnm.org/volunteer

http://www.thetnm.org/petition_2015_we_are_close

Just now, CGK said:

The Feds can say whatever they want but everyone knows you can't tell a Texan what to do!

Feds tell Texas resettlement agencies that state cannot block Syrians

The federal government on Wednesday informed refugee resettlement agencies in Texas and across the United States that states do not have the authority to refuse to accept Syrians.

The statement, made in a letter obtained by the Houston Chronicle, marks the first time that federal refugee program officials formally have denounced statements by governors including Greg Abbott of Texas and may signal they will place Syrians here and elsewhere regardless of the governors' wishes.

"States may not deny (Office of Refugee Resettlement)-funded benefits and services to refugees based on a refugee's country of origin or religious affiliation. Accordingly, states may not categorically deny ORR-funded benefits and services to Syrian refugees," wrote Robert Carey, director of the office, adding that states that do not comply would be violating the law and "could be subject to enforcement action, including suspension or termination."

Abbott's office declined comment.

More:

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Feds-tell-Texas-resettlement-agencies-that-state-6657517.php

I have become fed up with this federal government . I would like to see the day come where these psychopathic souless authoritarian SOBs will be hanging from a post in the

middle of a pig pen . 

Hogs and boars love human flesh .

The Feds know IF they can take Texas the rest of the Country will fall. I think the feds underestimate the heart and soul of Texans. WE are not going down without one heck of a fight!

2 people like this

Just now, CGK said:

The Feds know IF they can take Texas the rest of the Country will fall. I think the feds underestimate the heart and soul of Texans. WE are not going down without one heck of a fight!

If the shit starts to hit the fan I will be there ! I will be the guy with fire in his eyes and carrying a big gun with his finger on the trigger .

God Bless Texas

Washington created this mess let them assimilate them. I bet they would feel right at home with Bad Barry. We already have our quota of illegal aliens here, they need their share of those also, after all they would not secure our border. 

So much for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  

Sounds like Texas isn't gonna go down with the rest of the u.s. As much as I would love to see it happen I don't think it will because if they did then a lot of states would jump ship

Their experiment already failed in Irving where their Sharia law proposal was nixed by the city council and remember clock boy also attended school in Irving. If we are able to secede (with our gold from the NY vault, thankyouverymuch) then it will surely set a precedent for other states to follow suit. Imagine all the foreigners we could deport because being a US citizen wouldn't mean jack in The Republic of Texas. My daughter was born here so she's my Texas anchor baby lol.

Does Russia still have some subs lingering off the gulf coast? :lol_alpha:

I had no idea there was that many of them in Irving Texas but then again I had no idea there was as many as there are in this little nor cal town that I'm living in

The law suits have started.

Indiana Governor Faces Lawsuit for Blocking Syrian Refugees

A lawsuit challenging the Indiana governor's decision to stop state agencies from helping resettle Syrian refugees alleges that the action wrongly targets the refugees based on their nationality and violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana filed the federal lawsuit Monday night on behalf of Indianapolis-based nonprofit Exodus Refugee Immigration. It accuses Gov. Mike Pence of violating the U.S. Constitution's Equal Protection Clause and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act by accepting refugees to Indiana from other countries but not from Syria.

The first-term Republican governor objected to plans for refugees to arrive in Indiana following the deadly attacks in Paris. Five days after the Nov. 13 attacks, a family that had fled war-torn Syria was diverted from Indianapolis to Connecticut when Pence ordered state agencies to halt resettlement activities.

The ACLU of Indiana filed a motion Tuesday asking a federal judge to put a temporary hold on Pence's directive that state agencies stop helping with the resettlement of Syrian refugees by using federal money to provide services such as housing and medical care.
-----
The governor is "confident he has the authority to suspend the state's participation in the resettlement of Syrian refugees in Indiana," the statement said, and took the action to protect "the safety and security of the people of Indiana."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gov-mike-pence-faces-lawsuit-blocking-syrian-refugees-35385783

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.