Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

In the first majority-Muslim U.S. city, residents tense about its future

9 posts in this topic

You can't get a liquor licence if you're within 500 feet of a mosque and they are broadcasting their calls to prayer 5 times a day from the rooftops. How annoying is that?  Don't they have any sound ordinances? Well they won't get rid of that anytime soon because the council is a Muslim majority. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/for-the-first-majority-muslim-us-city-residents-tense-about-its-future/2015/11/21/45d0ea96-8a24-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_muslimmajority831pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

HAMTRAMCK, MICH. — Karen Majewski was in such high demand in her vintage shop on a recent Saturday afternoon that a store employee threw up her hands when yet another visitor came in to chat. Everyone wanted to talk to the mayor about the big political news.

Earlier this month, the blue-collar city that has been home to Polish Catholic immigrants and their descendents for more than a century became what demographers think is the first jurisdiction in the nation to elect a
majority-Muslim council.

It’s the second tipping for Hamtramck (pronounced Ham-tram-ik), which in 2013 earned the distinction becoming of what appears to be the first majority-Muslim city in the United States following the arrival of thousands of immigrants from Yemen, Bangladesh and Bosnia over a decade.

In many ways, Hamtramck is a microcosm of the fears gripping parts of the country since the Islamic State’s attacks on Paris: The influx of Muslims here has profoundly unsettled some residents of the town long known for its love of dancing, beer, paczki pastries and the pope.

<snip>

It started with immigrants carving out small sections of cities for their own, china town, for example. America has never really been the melting pot it was meant to be. All races though a few mingle, tend to segregate and make mini versions of their homelands. One country order does not work here, I think one world order was never ment to work, just plunge the world into a chaos that it will never recover from.

press 1 for English

press 2 for Spanish 

press 3 for Arabic 

how long before we are not first on the list here in our own country?

1 person likes this

Just now, WhiteHorse said:

It started with immigrants carving out small sections of cities for their own, china town, for example. America has never really been the melting pot it was meant to be. All races though a few mingle, tend to segregate and make mini versions of their homelands. One country order does not work here, I think one world order was never ment to work, just plunge the world into a chaos that it will never recover from.

press 1 for English

press 2 for Spanish 

press 3 for Arabic 

We are not first now . Have you seen any homeless illegal immigrants ? No !  Many of our homeless are vets .

3 minutes ago, WhiteHorse said:

press 1 for English

press 2 for Spanish 

press 3 for Arabic 

There are still some enclaves remaining from early immigration days like Germans in Texas Hill Country but mostly people intermarried and scattered. Remember Polish jokes? It took a generation or two but the one thing that united the country was one language, English. 

Isn't it interesting how so many muslims have been relocated to Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota? They're all Great Lake States and border Canada....I'm guessing the climate is quite a change from the middle east. I'm sure there's other enclaves in the US but these three states seemingly have the highest numbers of invaders.

If you live in Dearborn Michigan, this is what you get to hear 5 times a day. Welcome to America!

Tell them to set their clocks, watches and phones 5x a day. There's no way I'm putting up with that all day long! Just think if you worked nights! 

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Tell them to set their clocks, watches and phones 5x a day. There's no way I'm putting up with that all day long! Just think if you worked nights! 

I think the guy must have lost his car. Did you hear him yell...Hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

1 person likes this

And people complain about neighbors with noisy chickens? I'm glad I live with an armed populace because that $#@& would be short lived in my neck of the woods.

23 hours ago, CGK said:

I think the guy must have lost his car. Did you hear him yell...Hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

:rofl:

Someone probably jacked his car to get away from all the wailing.

They'll continue to spread and take over the whole area; city by city...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.