Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Salem VA Medical Center bans Christmas trees as holiday decorations

12 posts in this topic

SALEM (WSLS 10) – Christmas trees will not be allowed at the Salem VA Medical Center this holiday season in public areas.

“Displays must not promote any religion. Please note that trees (regardless of the types of ornaments used) have been deemed to promote the Christian religion and will not be permitted in any public areas this year,” reads an email sent to employees. “Employees are permitted to engage in private religious expression in their personal work areas that are not regularly open to the public. Religious expression will be permitted as long as it does not interfere with carrying out of official duties and responsibilities.”

<snip>

http://wsls.com/2015/11/20/salem-va-bans-christmas-trees-as-holiday-decorations/

:clausekiss:  :merryxmas:  :toekiss:  :xmassnow:

Take that you PC pieces of crap! 

I've decided that secular laws are expressions of the humanist religion and should be banned.

The Jews didn't seem to mind so much having Christmas trees plastered everywhere probably because Jews and Christians have intermarried. This is a muslim thing brought forth more fervently in the past 7 years by the African administration.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no intention of offending any person, or religion. I also want to point out that Yeshua (Jesus) was very likely not born during the winter solstice. The manger theme points towards the Feast of Booths.

In regards to the Christmas tree:

Jeremiah 10 (KJV)

10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

And then there's the conception of his cousin, John, in regards to Yeshua's (Jesus) approximate birth date; http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/biblical-evidence-shows-jesus-christ-wasnt-born-on-dec-25

The biblical accounts point to the fall of the year as the most likely time of Jesus’ birth, based on the conception and birth of John the Baptist.

Since Elizabeth (John’s mother) was in her sixth month of pregnancy when Jesus was conceived (Luke 1:24-36), we can determine the approximate time of year Jesus was born if we know when John was born. John’s father, Zacharias, was a priest serving in the Jerusalem temple during the course of Abijah (Luke 1:5). Historical calculations indicate this course of service corresponded to June 13-19 in that year ( The Companion Bible, 1974, Appendix 179, p. 200).

It was during this time of temple service that Zacharias learned that he and his wife Elizabeth would have a child (Luke 1:8-13). After he completed his service and traveled home, Elizabeth conceived (Luke 1:23-24). Assuming John’s conception took place near the end of June, adding nine months brings us to the end of March as the most likely time for John’s birth. Adding another six months (the difference in ages between John and Jesus) brings us to the end of September as the likely time of Jesus’ birth. 

Edited by Thornthwaite

On 20/11/2015 at 9:39 PM, Challenger said:

*Link Removed*

*Link Removed*

Thanks!

I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday, I celebrate it because that is when people have time off work to be able to spend time together and make good memories that will last a lifetime. And regardless of what pagan religions used a tree with decorations on it, that symbolism is now inverted by people who simply enjoy the scent of pine in their homes and the beauty of the decorations they place on the tree, usually those with sentimental meanings, the same as previously good symbolism (all seeing eye) has been inverted by evil people to mean something evil today.  I love the idea of Santa Claus and love how little kids get excited at getting presents under the tree, it's fun for them. If I'm going to hell for that, then I'll gladly go. 

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday, I celebrate it because that is when people have time off work to be able to spend time together and make good memories that will last a lifetime. And regardless of what pagan religions used a tree with decorations on it, that symbolism is now inverted by people who simply enjoy the scent of pine in their homes and the beauty of the decorations they place on the tree, usually those with sentimental meanings, the same as previously good symbolism (all seeing eye) has been inverted by evil people to mean something evil today.  I love the idea of Santa Claus and love how little kids get excited at getting presents under the tree, it's fun for them. If I'm going to hell for that, then I'll gladly go. 

We always celebrated it, still do, though not the spending frenzy part. Mostly food and fun. Even as Christians we always knew that the big excitement was over the partying, not that Jesus was born that day.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I sincerely apologize for offending you. I wrote-out my take on Santa Clause, but realized it would only further offend some folks, and decided not to post it. 

1 minute ago, Thornthwaite said:

I sincerely apologize for offending you. I wrote-out my take on Santa Clause, but realized it would only further offend some folks, and decided not to post it. 

I'm not offended, just stating my position is all. :)

25 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Yup, symbolism aside it's just festive....the feast, the company, the house full of lights and little kids full of excitement and wonder. And the pies! Some families have the TV on but for us we play cards after the food is put up and the only time we're all together is Christmas or Thanksgiving.

I used to care about the pagan factor but no more because it really doesn't matter. Party on, Wayne!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.