Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

BREAKING!: Gunmen seize 170 hostages at Radisson hotel in Mali capital

23 posts in this topic

MALI: A summary of what we know so far

If you're just joining us, here are the key points from the ongoing situation

:: It is believed 125 guests and 13 hotel employees have been taken hostage by up to 10 Islamic gunmen who stormed the Radisson Blu hotel in Bamako

:: In the past half hour, heavy gunfire has been heard inside the building

:: The attackers shouted "Allahu Akbar" - "God is great" in Arabic - as they stormed the hotel, spraying the area with gunfire, and possibly grenades

:: According to a hostage who has since been freed, the attackers were conversing in English

:: Three people are confirmed to have died so far, and state television footage shows a body wrapped in a blanket at the bottom of a flight of stairs

:: It is not immediately clear which extremist group, if any, is responsible for the attack in the Malian capital

:: About 80 are believed to have been freed. Some were let go after citing verses of the Koran, others managed to escape themselves

:: French, German, Chinese, Turkish, Indian, Belgian and Algerian nationals are known to have been staying at the hotel, including crew for Turkish Airlines and Air France

:: The US says American citizens might have been staying at the hotel, and is investigating. It is not known whether any Britons are involved

:: The situation is being closely monitored by David Cameron, Barack Obama and Francois Hollande

Source: http://news.sky.com/story/1591178/live-updates-mali-attack-and-paris-siege

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

I want to say that sky news is saying this: All the latest as gunmen take hostages at a hotel in Bamako and more details emerge from a siege linked to the Paris attacks. EVEN THOUGH EVERY TV STATION IS SAYING THAT THIS IS NOT LINKED TO THE PARIS ATTACK YET! NO EVIDENCE IT IS CONNECTED!

http://news.sky.com/story/1591178/live-updates-mali-attack-and-paris-siege

Sheesh, not connected my $%#$! Wait, these guys Can't be Muslims, that guy wearing a blindfold and hugging infidels said he never killed anyone, because Muslims would Never do that! IDIOTS!

You know whats sad? After days on end of hearing nothing but news about terrorist attacks, hostages, bomb scares, refugees, big bad lone wolf, boogie man, etc, I've become completely desensitized to it all.   I read in this thread that O is following the situation closely. Right, while he is in Malaysia wearing costume shirts, giving money away and making backroom deals to expedite the destruction of America.

I can just see it. O's advisers walk into his luxury hotel room and say, "There been a situation in Mali Mr. President." O replies, "What happened?"

1 person likes this

Dear gods this kills me. Tha tit's the "underlying idemic problems in the region". Those issues need solved. Ok, global warming causes this, then why are only MUSLIM people so sensitive to it? Aaaagh!

According to a hostage who has since been freed, the attackers were conversing in English

Very interesting if true!

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

According to a hostage who has since been freed, the attackers were conversing in English

Very interesting if true!

yeh the hostage said they were talking about loading something. I dont remember the exact phrase but something along the lines of is it loaded yet.

MALI  Troops clearing hotel "FLOOR by FLOOR"

Edited by yaknow

46 minutes ago, yaknow said:

MALI  Troops clearing hotel "FLOOR by FLOOR"

LOL...I thought you said, Mali troops CLEANING hotel floor by floor.   What? they killed all the hotel maids?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.