Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Last1oftheJedi

A story about the American flag.

6 posts in this topic

I was young when I heard this one, and I couldn't find it on the interwebs (though, that I actually expected), so if I mess up a part and you're familar with it, then feel free to correct me below. With that said, it's Jedi's Story Time, narrated by yours truely. The man, the myth, the legend. Me ^.^

It was the first day of school, and Johnny was excited. His first year had been a positive experince. He had made friends, and enjoyed his teacher. The food served in the cafeteria was real food, because this is before the internet was a thing. Recess involved actual play, and not just staring into an IPhone. You know, anchient times.

Johnny entered his classroom, where he met many new faces, and a few new faces. One being, his teacher, Ms. Red. Plesant in appearice and carrying a warm smile, she seemed a friendly enough sort, but before Johnny could introduce himself, the bell rang. All the children knew from their year before that ment you got to your desk, and awaited instruction. Thus it was.

The tardy bell rang, and Ms. Red took attendence. Once everyone's name had been called and checked, she went to the chalkboard. Writing her name in large letters so the whole class could see. She then introduced herself, and informed the students that she was very excited to be there, with the opprotunity to mold the minds of the next generation. With that, she had them open their studies book to page 3 (the first two pages were simply author's introduction, which in a text book, is as trite as it is boring).

Johnny was a child of habit, one might say, and shot his hand up into the air quickly, "Ms. Red! Ms. Red!" he tried to state patiently, but ofcourse, kids will be kids.

"Yes, Johnny?", Ms. Red asked.

"Shouldn't we say the pledge before getting started?", Johnny asked. Everyday last year, they said the pledge of allegience to the flag before starting on school work.

"Ah, well, no Johnny.", Ms. Red stated, still maintaining her warm  smile. 

"Why not?" Johnny asked.

"Well, you see, Johnny. We don't want to exclude anyone, and some people arn't comfortable with the pledge.", the teacher replied.

"Why?" Johnny quickly questioned.

"Because... well," Ms. Red stumpled, "some people find it offensive."

Johnny was a curious child, and continued to interrogate, "Offensive, how?"

"I have an idea, before we do our book work, let's do an arts project", Ms. Red replied.

The class was very excited, but not Johnny, he didn't get an answer to his question, so his hand shot up eargly again.

Ms. Red made her way over to the star spankled banner that hung in the corner of the room, near the clock. "Put your hand down, Johnny, you'll understand soon."

Johnny didn't like to wait, but he knew Ms. Red was his elder and should be respected as such, so slowly, limply, he lowered his hand.

Ms. Red took down the flag, and laid out in the front of the class room, "I want you all to take your scissors, and come to the front of the class." And so it was.

The teacher then took a pair of her own scissors, and cut a small corner off of the flag. "I want all of you to do the same. Cut a small piece out of the flag, so we all can have a piece."

The students dutifully followed, and soon the flag was no more, as the children each held their own tapered cloth of what it once was.

"Now, we can all share the flag, and we don't have to worry about pleading to it, because we all have a peice of it.", Ms. Red said with a smile.

Johnny liked that idea, of everyone sharing the flag, and he kept his with him for all those days of school. 

From that time on, no one said the pledge to start the day. Why, when you hold your own very special piece of Old Glory, would you need to?

And sure, somewhere down the line that lil bit of cloth vanished from the young man's pocket. Boys will be boys.

And the pleadge, well, it was just as easily forgotten, and replaced by texts from books, and lessons from his favorite teacher, Ms. Red.

She taught all kinds of intresting things to the children that year. About how good it is to share, and how no one should ever have more than anyone else. Everyone should always have the same, equal, just like thier lil section of the flag.

So, yeah, I think I missed a part or two, but the jist is there. If you enjoyed this story time, you can do me better than just liking, and talk amongst eachother and if willing, yours truely, about what the story says, means and all that fun stuff. That said, I gotta run for a bit, so don't be too upset if it takes me a moment to get back to ya.

God bless America.

1 person likes this

Pledging allegiance to an evil government that perpetrated 9-11 and has killed millions for false reasons is highly immoral in my opinion.  God said, "Swear not at all ..."  Did you think God meant the f*** word?  Furthermore, "No one can serve two masters ..." 

Down with the immoral and anti-Christian Pledge of Allegiance! 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Rothbard said:

Pledging allegiance to an evil government that perpetrated 9-11 and has killed millions for false reasons is highly immoral in my opinion.  God said, "Swear not at all ..."  Did you think God meant the f*** word?  Furthermore, "No one can serve two masters ..." 

I'm glad you brought this point up. It seems many have lost confidence in the nation by the people and for the people, in exchange for the corperation that pretends to be her. They say Satan's power is only what is given to him. It seems alot of people have given the nation of America over to the Cabal. 

As for swearing, there is no swear in a pleadge of allegience, it's literally stating your yes as your yes, and no as a no. 

In a nation by the people, for the people, founded in God, we trust, there wasn't a service to two masters until the communists blurred the lines. The fact is McCarthy was right, and the nazis and commies infected the nation from the inside, allowed through by a cabal that had all intentions of turning a nation into a corperation. 

I think it's rather depressing that people would simply surrender the emblem of freedom over to that cabal, and let them turn it into something dirty.

Calling the pledge anti-christian though, that's false. And when it was common, people in this nation had a higher precent in all things good, including service to the Lord. But some people find it uncomfortable, and don't wish the name God spoken, unless it's on their federal reserve notes, the true God of the cabal, and a generation raised without an understanding of the importantance of having pride in your nation, and insuring it's service is to the Lord God.

5 hours ago, Rothbard said:

:stfy:Unpatriotic one

Quit voting for Senators and Congressmen with duel citizenship with Israel.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
     of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

The pledge is a pledge to an idea, the people of this country, the liberty and justice of this republic, by the people for the people.

The pledge isn't recited to the govermnent, but to the flag.  A symbol of our constitution and the ideas that created this country.  

Yes, it has become the other way around because people have become complacent and just don't care.  Untill the gov affects their personal life or pocket book, most people wont get involved.  But OH listen to them bitch and demand instant changes when its after the fact.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.