Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilly

This City Will Fine You for Mismatched Blinds

6 posts in this topic

Pagedale specifically budgets to receive a large percentage of its revenue from fines and fees. By targeting a certain amount of revenue from fines and fees from its residents, Pagedale turns policing on its head. Rather than react to conditions to ensure that the public is protected and wrongdoers punished, Pagedale sets a revenue goal and then uses its code enforcement powers to achieve it.

Following is a partial list of what can elicit fines:

• Having a satellite TV dish antenna in the front of the house.
  • Having hedges that are over three feet high.
  • Walking on the wrong side of the crosswalk.
  • Walking on the public streets.
  • Having weeds over seven inches high.
  • Having basketball hoops and wading pools in the front yard.
  • Having a barbecue in the front yard on days that are not national holidays.
  • Having more than two people gathered around a barbecue.
  • Having alcoholic beverages within 150 feet of a grill.
  • Not having a screen on an outside door.
  • Not hanging the curtains neatly on windows facing the street.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/current-events/this-american-city-jails-citizens-for-having-garden-weeds-yes-really/

:laugh: The Stepford Wives movie gave us a hint of this years ago. My friends who lived in a Homeowner Organization subdivision were told not to grow tomatoes by the side of the house. They like tall wildflowers too, a big no-no. They finally had enough of the madness and moved.

My brother and his uppity wife live in a place like that,  with matching mailboxes and conformity as far as the eye can see. Sheesh.

Mr. grav and I live on a dirt road. He says it keeps out the yuppie riff-raff. Freeeedom!

20 minutes ago, grav said:

Mr. grav and I live on a dirt road. He says it keeps out the yuppie riff-raff. Freeeedom!

:f7TRnPw:

Just like the old SF book Fahrenheit 451, where "firemen" went around burning books instead of putting out fires.

these towns are mostly under investigation for civil rights violations and are getting turned around for the most part.

if you ever end up in a homeowners association area, do not pay them anything. if you do not pay, you do nt have to follow their rules. been held up in court several times

3 hours ago, grav said:

:laugh: The Stepford Wives movie gave us a hint of this years ago. My friends who lived in a Homeowner Organization subdivision were told not to grow tomatoes by the side of the house. They like tall wildflowers too, a big no-no. They finally had enough of the madness and moved.

My brother and his uppity wife live in a place like that,  with matching mailboxes and conformity as far as the eye can see. Sheesh.

Here here! I only have to deal with the county and out here things are pretty casual...everything from run down trailers to mansions to shooting ranges and deer processing operations. I find the mix to be spicy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.