Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

UPDATE - Coalition of the Willing forming - Russia Leads - Denmark joins France in battle against terror.

8 posts in this topic

After all I have read these last 2 days, all I can say is. This was a False Flag event to get NATO into Syria, what happens in the coming months I don't know, but I do expect more attacks atleast by Christmas or during the New Years Celebrations. Where ever they occur, I am sure Spain is on that list now.

'France to mull invoking NATO collective defense'

http://www.dw.com/en/france-to-mull-invoking-nato-collective-defense/a-18850689

France will consider invoking NATO's collective defense clause, according to security expert Bruno Tertrais. Speaking with DW, he also said that Paris-style attacks could happen in every major Western city.

DW: What is your assessment of the Paris attacks, the worst terror attacks in French history?

Bruno Tertrais: It does not really come as a surprise. All the intelligence services and police knew that a major attack of the kind we had yesterday was not only possible, but almost likely. It is the kind of attack that police has tried to prevent for several years now, but it was absolutely not a surprise. Of course, it was a huge shock, especially because of the simultaneous nature of the attacks and the fact that for the first time ever, we had suicide bombers operating on the national territory.

"Islamic State" (IS) has claimed responsibility for the attacks. This has been confirmed by French President Francois Hollande. Do you hold that claim for credible?

Bruno Tertrais

I hold it for perfectly credible for several reasons. First of all, the speed at which French authorities blamed the so-called "Islamic State." They would not have done so if they did not have clear elements pointing to the responsibility of IS. Moreover there were signs yesterday night that there was a connection with Syria, as one of the perpetrators did mention Syria during an attack. The only remaining question is whether these were foreigners, French nationals or a combination of both. This will become known in the coming days.

You mentioned that it was the first time that suicide attacks had occurred in France. What does the way the attacks were carried out tell you?

It's the combination of a new modus operandi, the suicide attack, with the number and coordination of the attacks which is particularly troubling and shocking. But that is not even the worst thing. The worst thing is that they could be testing us for an even bigger attack; at least that is a hypothesis that some of the intelligence services are working on right now. This tells me that there is both the intent and the capability to try to do serious harm to the French republic. And if they were able to do that yesterday night, they unfortunately are able and likely to do it again. And I am certain that the French government is also working on that hypothesis.

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

Paris Terror Attacks: France Could Invoke NATO Collective Defense Clause

http://www.ibtimes.com/paris-terror-attacks-france-could-invoke-nato-collective-defense-clause-2184963

Read the rest of the article in the link above.

-

The coordinated terror attacks across Paris that left more than 120 dead and hundreds wounded have prompted calls for global intervention from France’s allies against the Islamic State group, which took responsibility for the attacks. As world leaders decried the attacks as an “act of war” and international media trumpeted the arrival of World War III, security experts said Saturday a perfect storm could be brewing for an invocation of the NATO’s Article 5, the clause declaring an attack against one ally to be an attack against all.

French President Francois Hollande vowed a “merciless” response toward the Islamic State, also known as ISIS and ISIL, and said French security forces have been mobilized at the “highest possible level.” The question remaining is whether Friday’s attacks will galvanize a similar response among the 28 NATO alliance members.

“There is a time for soft power and playing the long game in the Middle East, but there is also a time for the ruthless application of hard power. It is NATO’s responsibility to recognize our current moment qualifies as the latter,” James Stavridis, a retired Navy admiral and former NATO top commander in Europe, wrote in Foreign Policy. “The Islamic State is an apocalyptic organization overdue for eradication.”

Breaking: France will invoke Article 5 of the NATO mutual defense Treaty tomorrow, compelling all NATO members to fight along side France against ISIS.

This is not some "authorization for the use of military force" this is a Declaration of War.

-

Comment from my friend just now - Nato will be invoked to fight ISIS by France and bring Russia in to fight with the US   LOL   Check mate

4hrs ago - HOLLANDE INVOKES ARTICLE 5 OF NATO, EUROPEAN JOINT SUPPORT TREATIES

-Now -

Russia Calls on NATO to 'Change Priorities' After Paris Attacks, Positioning Itself as Leader of Anti-ISIS Coalition.

Denmark joins France in battle against terror. Now 4 countries in a coalition of the willing: France, Belgium, Denmark and the Netherlands.

5 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Russia Calls on NATO to 'Change Priorities' After Paris Attacks, Positioning Itself as Leader of Anti-ISIS Coalition.

Yeah, nobody saw that coming. :chuckle:

41 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Yeah, nobody saw that coming. :chuckle:

Putin comes in from the cold: Desperate world leaders cosy up to Russian President to get him to join the fight against ISIS

Barack Obama seen sharing a joke with the Russian President at G20

David Cameron meets Vladimir Putin one-on-one for the first time in a year 

British PM strikes a conciliatory tone in a bid to win backing of Russia

Putin accused of using airstrikes to target opponents of Assad and not ISIS

Deal agreed to cut off terrorist financing and tackle extremist ideologies

-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3320174/Russia-offered-compromises-future-Syrian-dictator-Assad-return-joining-fight-against-ISIS.html

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.