Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

The hidden map inside your iPhone that records everywhere you go including times and dates - and how to disable it

5 posts in this topic

It is perhaps no secret that mapping services in your phone have long been able to identify where you're going and record how often you go there.

But it will perhaps come as a shock to Apple users to discover that their phones are actually plotting that information on an actual map that they can access.

Even more shocking, when you actually open that map, is how much information your device is secretly collecting on you - including the date and time of your visits to particular locations, and how long you stayed there for each time.

<snip>
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318645/The-creepy-hidden-map-inside-iPhone-records-disable-it.html#ixzz3rW0sfA6U 

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It is perhaps no secret that mapping services in your phone have long been able to identify where you're going and record how often you go there.

But it will perhaps come as a shock to Apple users to discover that their phones are actually plotting that information on an actual map that they can access.

Even more shocking, when you actually open that map, is how much information your device is secretly collecting on you - including the date and time of your visits to particular locations, and how long you stayed there for each time.

<snip>
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318645/The-creepy-hidden-map-inside-iPhone-records-disable-it.html#ixzz3rW0sfA6U 

I claimed to police my iPhone was stolen then I called the FBI and made a threat to put Ex Lax in chocolate cup cakes and then duck taped it to a migrating goose . 

I have a Conspiracy in the making :ph34r:

I don't see how mapping your own activities is beneficial for the user unless you're a brain dead moron or suffer from Alzheimers.

I've got a throw away phone that is turned off 99% of the time and if I thought it was tracking me it would be programmed for a date with Mr. Hammer.

2 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

I don't see how mapping your own activities is beneficial for the user unless you're a brain dead moron or suffer from Alzheimers.

I've got a throw away phone that is turned off 99% of the time and if I thought it was tracking me it would be programmed for a date with Mr. Hammer.

...but, but, it's for your own safety!!! :chuckle:

Same here.  Mine is out of the ark and almost never gets turned on.

BTW: Doesn't really matter if you disable all that stuff on your iPhone (or any other smart phone).  There's a little thing called AGPS (Assisted GPS) that they all use: and THAT, right there, is how they track you down to the which high precision (even higher than plain GPS can resolve.)  The phone company can see where you are, down to the foot, every second of the day (or night.)  They have highly-detailed records on all of you (smart phone users) and can look up where you were years ago as well, all in stored on your file in NSA data centres.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.