Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Update - Bot on twitter post attacks before it happened?

8 posts in this topic

Nice dig, DK! And to the point. There's always an "exercise" during these "terrorist attacks" arn't there? You'd think after a decade on repeat, people would wise up. Shows me just how navie an optimist I am e.e

I saw someone post this in a FB page - I looked into to see if anyone else was talking about it, /conspiracy on reddit had comments on it. Here is the info posted by burningempires |  NOTE -  The twitter account PZbooks is currently suspended.

-

The same account had used exactly the same casualty figures before, in September:

Death toll in Ebola outbreak rises to at least 120 with 270 others injured

https://twitter.com/PZbooks/status/640451583873011712

And then, this apparently related account "PZFeed"

AFP: Death toll from Nigerian mosque attack rises to at least 120 with 270 others injured http://tinyurl.com/og6lodu

https://twitter.com/pzf/status/538422123094888448

Which also gave us in January:

BREAKING NEWS: Death toll from Paris terror attack rises to at least 12 - Reuters

https://twitter.com/pzf/status/552801974991998976

Given the feed's apparent tactic of merging unrelated headlines to create content, I'm going with a pretty spooky coincidence.

aDargof.jpg

why does the time jump backward by two and a half hours halfway through the video?

4 minutes ago, reg said:

why does the time jump backward by two and a half hours halfway through the video?

They are streaming tweets from there account.

Clashsoft posts -

Some explanations I was able to come up with:

This is some Twitter API exploit where the bot knowingly or accidentally put a wrong time stamp on the tweet.

The tweet message was edited. I don't think this is possible on the website, but I don't know about the Twitter API, which is likely used by the bot.

Coincidence. Maybe the bot put together a story about something in Paris and a terror attack with that number of people involved somewhere else. I wasn't able to find anything in a quick search, but that possibility shouldn't be left out.

Someone knew beforehand. The bot just takes the news messages from other websites, so it probably copied one from some that accidentally published an article beforehand. Seems very obscure, but in today's world everything is possible.

1 hour ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Clashsoft posts -

Some explanations I was able to come up with:

This is some Twitter API exploit where the bot knowingly or accidentally put a wrong time stamp on the tweet.

The tweet message was edited. I don't think this is possible on the website, but I don't know about the Twitter API, which is likely used by the bot.

Coincidence. Maybe the bot put together a story about something in Paris and a terror attack with that number of people involved somewhere else. I wasn't able to find anything in a quick search, but that possibility shouldn't be left out.

Someone knew beforehand. The bot just takes the news messages from other websites, so it probably copied one from some that accidentally published an article beforehand. Seems very obscure, but in today's world everything is possible.

it is very possible it is just a news aggregator that was pointed to the correct places to get info quicker, it probably scans radio and emergency channels

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.