Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

How Gun Traffickers Get Around State Gun Laws

12 posts in this topic

How Gun Traffickers Get Around State Gun Laws
Saturday, November 14th, 2015

The New York Times is shocked — shocked! —  that gun traffickers get around state gun laws by buying guns one state over — and get around federal laws by not buying them legally at all:

Many guns follow a complex path from the original sale to the underground market. Most guns are originally bought from retail stores, but people who can’t pass a background check typically obtain guns from friends, family or illegal dealers.

According to an anonymous survey of inmates in Cook County, Ill., covering 135 guns they had access to, only two had been purchased directly from a gun store. Many inmates reported obtaining guns from friends who had bought them legally and then reported them stolen, or from locals who had brought the guns from out of state.

Read the post here : http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/12/us/gun-traffickers-smuggling-state-gun-laws.html?&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=g-artboard%20&module=photo-spot-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

1 person likes this

Be about midnight before I can hook ya up right. But until then, I'll go with the easy quote from someone I don't know who said, "You outlaw guns, and only outlaws will have guns."

I say that as a citizen with no desire to carry, and plunty of faith that those that chose to are, for the most part, responsable with those weapons.

We had one shooting outta all of em where the gun was legal, and now it's all, "We need more laws!"

No, we need to follow the laws we got, and this shit wouldn't happen. No one is shooting up a school or public place if there's even a chance another soul is there, armed, ready and trained how to defend themselves and others from those so desperate for fame, that instead of pulling a me, and acting an ass on the net, go out and do real damage.

The saddest part, is if any of these shooters didn't feel so distant from humanity that they can't understand that they are really doing (i got to believe that, because if they do....idk, Jesus help us all), in other words, if they had just one person on this planet to remind them love is real, none of this happens. It really is another situation where if we follow that first command, and love God, then it's all avoided. 

Also, I would love to see a chart or some data that shows the increase in these violent acts as christiainity wanes. Because I'll bet dollars to gold that it's a pretty obvious conclusion from the data, but isn't respected because of the topic. That is to say*, no one wants to admit that kicking God out of thier lives has brought absolute ruin to society.

Edited by Last1oftheJedi
hit a "d" instead of the "s". Thus the star. They are right next to eachother >.>;;

3 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

Be about midnight before I can hook ya up right. But until then, I'll go with the easy quote from someone I don't know who said, "You outlaw guns, and only outlaws will have guns."

I say that as a citizen with no desire to carry, and plunty of faith that those that chose to are, for the most part, responsable with those weapons.

We had one shooting outta all of em where the gun was legal, and now it's all, "We need more laws!"

No, we need to follow the laws we got, and this shit wouldn't happen. No one is shooting up a school or public place if there's even a chance another soul is there, armed, ready and trained how to defend themselves and others from those so desperate for fame, that instead of pulling a me, and acting an ass on the net, go out and do real damage.

The saddest part, is if any of these shooters didn't feel so distant from humanity that they can't understand that they are really doing (i got to believe that, because if they do....idk, Jesus help us all), in other words, if they had just one person on this planet to remind them love is real, none of this happens. It really is another situation where if we follow that first command, and love God, then it's all avoided. 

Also, I would love to see a chart or some data that shows the increase in these violent acts as christiainity wanes. Because I'll bet dollars to gold that it's a pretty obvious conclusion from the data, but isn't respected because of the topic. That is to day, no one wants to admit that kicking God out of thier lives has brought absolute ruin to society.

I don't want to have to pack a gun around . But it's looking more like I will have to . Even here in this small town Iowa of 22,000 it's getting crazy . I got home Friday night and found that my neighbor had been robed at gunpoint by a hungry didn't do nuffen that had moved here from Chicago . 

Like I said it's getting crazy here with all the immigrants from larger cities and foreign countries moving in .   

1 minute ago, CSB said:

I don't want to have to pack a gun around . But it's looking more like I will have to . Even here in this small town Iowa of 22,000 it's getting crazy . I got home Friday night and found that my neighbor had been robed at gunpoint by a hungry didn't do nuffen that had moved here from Chicago . 

Like I said it's getting crazy here with all the immigrants from larger cities and foreign countries moving in .   

That robbery is another example to me, of where believers need to step in before it got that bad. Show that kid some love, and give em that umpteenth chance. I know, he didn't earn it. But Christ did. And we can stop the violence, by removing the reasons people get violent. If someone is hungry, feed em. If someone is lonely, love em. If someone has no home, help them find their heart, for that is where the home is. And if someone is a do nothing, give em a shot at a job. If all that don't work, rehabilitation is in order, no doubt. Because that person, if offered all that, still commits to evil, then they definately need to be woke up from their nightmare before they continue to share it with the world. 

3 minutes ago, CSB said:

I have kids!I CARRY.My children know firearm safety.one of them chooses not to shoot but she knows how to handle a firearm(or  just dont touch it).you can go to gun shows and buy guns from a private owner.no paperwork

7 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I have kids!I CARRY.My children know firearm safety.one of them chooses not to shoot but she knows how to handle a firearm(or  just dont touch it).you can go to gun shows and buy guns from a private owner.no paperwork

Gun shows are part of the problem. No paperworks means people that couldn't qualify for a firearm can get one. Then Oregon. If you attend a gun show, the should have it to where you get a ticket a week in advance and if the background check fails, they deny you enterance. It sounds like it would take alot of work, but I'd rather the government be working on that, and making safety an issue, than waiting til after the fact so they reduce another clip size, using their own failure to govern as a reason to create more restrictions that only aid those with ill intent. 

Honest quesiton, please don't be mad, but I would like to ask, what's the problem with a firearm's license? Something i can flash before I walk into a gun show to show I'm ligit to buy? I get the privacy part, but if you pay one bill, you're already on government radar, so... idk, I think people that own firearms should have a license. Not because it's a privilage like a car, but because until we make God the true God of this nation, it's literally an issue of personal safety. It is a right though, and so it should be hella hard to fail for that license. Like, say a felon, you're out. Mental disorder, you're out. Other than that, *shrugs* here ya go *hands ya firearm of your liking*. Please don't shoot things that don't deserve it.

I am alot naive and always thinking "People are the best" because I know they can be. I've seen the worst be the best in situations that called for it. So I present this just being me, and not wishing to stir a pot o.o; 

3 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

Gun shows are part of the problem. No paperworks means people that couldn't qualify for a firearm can get one. Then Oregon. If you attend a gun show, the should have it to where you get a ticket a week in advance and if the background check fails, they deny you enterance. It sounds like it would take alot of work, but I'd rather the government be working on that, and making safety an issue, than waiting til after the fact so they reduce another clip size, using their own failure to govern as a reason to create more restrictions that only aid those with ill intent. 

Honest quesiton, please don't be mad, but I would like to ask, what's the problem with a firearm's license? Something i can flash before I walk into a gun show to show I'm ligit to buy? I get the privacy part, but if you pay one bill, you're already on government radar, so... idk, I think people that own firearms should have a license. Not because it's a privilage like a car, but because until we make God the true God of this nation, it's literally an issue of personal safety. It is a right though, and so it should be hella hard to fail for that license. Like, say a felon, you're out. Mental disorder, you're out. Other than that, *shrugs* here ya go *hands ya firearm of your liking*. Please don't shoot things that don't deserve it.

I am alot naive and always thinking "People are the best" because I know they can be. I've seen the worst be the best in situations that called for it. So I present this just being me, and not wishing to stir a pot o.o; 

I can agree but and this will make some people mad.felons legaly can own guns,ANYONE.The 2nd amendment and it can not be infringed upon.period!!if everyone had guns and i mean everyone who wanted one.there would prolly be the same amount of violence or less.im not goin to try n rob somebody if i know they have a gun even if i have one.

1 minute ago, yaknow said:

I can agree but and this will make some people mad.felons legaly can own guns,ANYONE.The 2nd amendment and it can not be infringed upon.period!!if everyone had guns and i mean everyone who wanted one.there would prolly be the same amount of violence or less.im not goin to try n rob somebody if i know they have a gun even if i have one.

Fair enough, and with the prison industerial complex, many people who don't deserve the title of "felon" have that title. I speak as a "felon" (I put "former felon" on my p.o. work. He asked if I had it expunshed. I said, "no, but I'm not that person anymore, no matter how you chose to label me, friend ^.^" P.O. smiled and edited the paper work cause that's his job, but you could tell, my answer sunk in him)  anyways, speaking as a felon, i don't think I should have a gun. I don't. The only reason someone should arm me, is if an invasion of the homesoil takes place, in which case, screw my past, I love this country, and will defend it's freedoms with my life. I've always felt that way, since I was like four years old, I knew there was something special about America. And that I'm lucky just to been born in this great nation. I think if people realized just how awesome this land is, we'd fight amongst ourselves alot less, and that means the sleep giant wakes up, and puts an end to this Hydra (aka the MIC + World Intell Org. which is all too real.) nonsense. 

Tommy Lee Jones put it best in Capt. America: The First Avenger: 

(Full disclosure: I went to find the clip on youtube, but couldn't find it. My new goal is to make to where people can find movie refs on youtube easier, and thus, am on it)

Anyways, Scene:

Hydra agent declairs, "Kill one head, two more will take it's place."

TLJ: *Shoots Hydra dude in the dome* "Let's find two more!"

does anyone remember years ago here in the states when people started crying about suing gun manufacturers and started filing lawsuits? out of the thousands of lawsuits filed, only one was won by the person suing. the lady was bright. she went after the records of smith & wesson. she crunched the numbers and came to the conclusion that s&w manufactures three times the amount of weapons that end up in stores. the massive overages are chalked up to 'loss during shipment'. she was able to convince a judge and jury that s&w was actively involved in illegal weapon sales (due to crunching accounting numbers too) and walked away with the win

Just now, reg said:

does anyone remember years ago here in the states when people started crying about suing gun manufacturers and started filing lawsuits? out of the thousands of lawsuits filed, only one was won by the person suing. the lady was bright. she went after the records of smith & wesson. she crunched the numbers and came to the conclusion that s&w manufactures three times the amount of weapons that end up in stores. the massive overages are chalked up to 'loss during shipment'. she was able to convince a judge and jury that s&w was actively involved in illegal weapon sales (due to crunching accounting numbers too) and walked away with the win

Rings a bell. Google failed me, it always does. But I did find this: http://www.fcpablog.com/blog/2014/7/28/smith-wesson-pays-sec-2-million-to-resolve-fcpa-violations.html

It's along the same lines of showing that s&w engage in illegal firearm trade.

5 minutes ago, reg said:

I remember that case . UPS and Hartland Express got a ass chewing .

There are massive amounts of ghost guns moving around this country and around the world at any given moment. You know the ones that aren't there and never were. Large amounts of new firearms had their receivers cut per batf rules and imported into this country as "kits", refitted with new 80% receivers that were assembled in garages all over the U.S. You don't need an ffl to make a gun like this and its perfectly legal. A lot of underground manufacturers took advantage of this along with millions of rednecks who had machinists skills or knew someone who did. There are a lot more guns here than people are aware of. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.