Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Keep an Eye on Your Mail – If You Receive a Check from Walmart, Here’s What It Means

6 posts in this topic

Tis the season to rip people off. This is a mystery shopper scam that has been around at least a couple of years now. You receive a letter supposedly from Walmart giving you directions and a check. Once you deposit the check, they drain your bank account. It’s evil and I’m not sure how they are able to drain your account once you put the check in the bank, but evidently they can. I wonder how many people have fallen for this? Most people don’t have much and having what little they have stolen from their account is utterly devastating to them and their loved ones. Especially during the holidays. Crime is bad enough, but preying on those who have the least is just despicable. Whatever you do, don’t deposit one of these checks if you get them in the mail. If you do, pick up the phone, call the authorities and report it.

<snip>

http://rightwingnews.com/legal/keep-an-eye-on-your-mail-if-you-receive-a-check-from-walmart-heres-what-it-means/

More at link with pics of checks. 

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone here gets one of these checks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The check looks real enough but "Walmart Web Control" ???? Web of deception is more like it. There's thousands of ways to make money legitimately without resorting to theft but alas, people put their energy into the wrong things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't you see this as a problem with the people randomly receiving a check and letter from walmart? these are the morons that allow this type of thing to continue. you have to be completely stupid to believe that a company that is transitioning into a gov supplier is hiring random people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reg said:

don't you see this as a problem with the people randomly receiving a check and letter from walmart? these are the morons that allow this type of thing to continue. you have to be completely stupid to believe that a company that is transitioning into a gov supplier is hiring random people. 

:dgK4P0r:

SOLOMON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

The check looks real enough but "Walmart Web Control" ???? Web of deception is more like it. There's thousands of ways to make money legitimately without resorting to theft but alas, people put their energy into the wrong things.

Greed or sex Mom?

The answer will surprise you.

Probably not!

SOLOMON

:a9jDaFH:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Tis the season to rip people off. This is a mystery shopper scam that has been around at least a couple of years now. You receive a letter supposedly from Walmart giving you directions and a check. Once you deposit the check, they drain your bank account. It’s evil and I’m not sure how they are able to drain your account once you put the check in the bank, but evidently they can. I wonder how many people have fallen for this? Most people don’t have much and having what little they have stolen from their account is utterly devastating to them and their loved ones. Especially during the holidays. Crime is bad enough, but preying on those who have the least is just despicable. Whatever you do, don’t deposit one of these checks if you get them in the mail. If you do, pick up the phone, call the authorities and report it.

<snip>

http://rightwingnews.com/legal/keep-an-eye-on-your-mail-if-you-receive-a-check-from-walmart-heres-what-it-means/

More at link with pics of checks. 

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone here gets one of these checks! 

Thank you Cinnamon.

I saw this far too many times as an investigative reporter.

Most funds are never recovered.

Most can least afford the losses.

Merry Christmas huh?

SOLOMON

:64pwFDH:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.