Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Neil Cavuto owns student protestor

13 posts in this topic

Students calling for wiping out the education debt and free tuition. This is what happens when you are stupid.

I think its evil, saddling the youth with crushing debt.

In this day and age, campus and the university book racket, should not exist as is. Professors could be paid through small fees, for access to live, internet-based classes. The campus setting could be utilized for testing and graduation only, for students. The teachers and professors would of course use the campus for making the live feeds, to teach classes. An added bonus, would be not having to worry about crazies shooting up the campus. If they did, it would only be the marxist professors getting shot...

In this way, everybody could have access to a higher education.

1 minute ago, Thornthwaite said:

I think its evil, saddling the youth with crushing debt.

In this day and age, campus and the university book racket, should not exist as is. Professors could be paid through small fees, for access to live, internet-based classes. The campus setting could be utilized for testing and graduation only, for students. The teachers and professors would of course use the campus for making the live feeds, to teach classes. An added bonus, would be not having to worry about crazies shooting up the campus. If they did, it would only be the marxist professors getting shot...

In this way, everybody could have access to a higher education.

I'm not well off myself but what i can say is im better off than students. Life took care of my education due to the factor that schools could not keep up with me. Now i make a little cash, have invested a ton from jobs growing up and have a nice yearly income for doing f***k all. where as these others are working themselves to death to pay off a debt that will still exist in 10 years time.

Education is a scam. If it was 1900 education then fine. That shit used to teach stuff that mattered. but modern education sucks balls and it is nothing but a money sink. Fact is if you taught 1 school the curriculum of 100 years ago updated a little with modern facts. That school would out perform every damn school in existence today.

How far we have fallen.

I posted this in my "solutions" thread about how I'd design an educational system: link removed

It really is criminal how things are now, but the girl's argument was completely unworkable and didn't bother with trifling details like who's paying for it. And the problem goes all the way to our whole economy and the corrosive collectivist mentality.

5 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'm not well off myself but what i can say is im better off than students. Life took care of my education due to the factor that schools could not keep up with me. Now i make a little cash, have invested a ton from jobs growing up and have a nice yearly income for doing f***k all. where as these others are working themselves to death to pay off a debt that will still exist in 10 years time.

Its a form of debt slavery, where they pay on the interest, and barely make a dent on the principle.

5 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Education is a scam. If it was 1900 education then fine. That shit used to teach stuff that mattered. but modern education sucks balls and it is nothing but a money sink. Fact is if you taught 1 school the curriculum of 100 years ago updated a little with modern facts. That school would out perform every damn school in existence today.

How far we have fallen.

You are spot on. I routinely troll google books from the late 19th century and they believed in a well rounded education. In the publications for teachers there are tons of plans for building things and many of the plans were sent in by citizens to share with the kids. I've seen theatre programs and restaurant menus that were projects for an art class in the form of contests thereby fostering healthy competition and being involved in the community. Imagine if you were the winner of that contest and your class went to see the play and the programs handed out were by your own hand. The cooperation that existed then was really amazing by today's standards.

I have 2 grandkids and I'm gaining a third after my daughter remarries next week. For Christmas, I'm making the kids story books from those deliciously rich public domain books that are fully illustrated with great care. Some of the sweetest poems are available just for the printing. The humor and imagination are nothing like the modern crap of today. Can you tell I'm excited to become a bookbinder? Beats the hell out of shopping for plastic toys from China.

1 person likes this

Years ago when I wanted to print my little books but had no cash, I decided to just search online for how to make my own high-quality PDFs to send to POD (print on demand) services. I never liked the results of using word processors. So I discovered LaTeX (that's how they always type it), an old software package that's still used today and is open source, meaning free to download and use. Steep learning curve though, and it took quite a lot of scavenging to learn how to get it to do what I wanted. Then I learned to write bash scripts (linux) to easily get my original html content from my database and have it create the documents in LaTeX format so the LaTeX interpreter could turn them into PDFs.  For a time I also had made both .mobi format (Kindle) and .epub (other) e-reader versions, but it was just too many steps per book to keep doing. I even learned how to make one e-Sword module of my New Testament translation.

Never made money from any of that, but it's just an example of what you can learn if you're motivated.

Her excuse for her family not to pay more taxes and for her not to pay more taxes is that her family members are on public programs already. Am I the only one that caught that?  

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Her excuse for her family not to pay more taxes and for her to pay more taxes is that her family members are on public programs already. Am I the only one that caught that?  

No, I said that same thing when I heard her say that. How blind and clueless they are!

3 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

You are spot on. I routinely troll google books from the late 19th century and they believed in a well rounded education. In the publications for teachers there are tons of plans for building things and many of the plans were sent in by citizens to share with the kids. I've seen theatre programs and restaurant menus that were projects for an art class in the form of contests thereby fostering healthy competition and being involved in the community. Imagine if you were the winner of that contest and your class went to see the play and the programs handed out were by your own hand. The cooperation that existed then was really amazing by today's standards.

I have 2 grandkids and I'm gaining a third after my daughter remarries next week. For Christmas, I'm making the kids story books from those deliciously rich public domain books that are fully illustrated with great care. Some of the sweetest poems are available just for the printing. The humor and imagination are nothing like the modern crap of today. Can you tell I'm excited to become a bookbinder? Beats the hell out of shopping for plastic toys from China.

What a great idea!

The level of entitlement these students show is shocking.
Even illegal immigrants are demanding free education and instate tuition.

Illegal immigrants rally for in-state tuition at Statehouse

Students who entered the United States illegally rallied at the Statehouse on Wednesday to support bills that would give them in-state college tuition and access to state financial aid.

Similar bills have been considered by the Legislature since 2002 but have never passed.

"Students and families and schools have waited way too long... to see a solution to what really is a senseless and systematic locking out of an entire population of young people who are talented, who are smart and who are hard-working and who could be our state's future nurses and doctors and teachers and entrepreneurs and innovators," said Carlos Rojas Alvarez
-----
Opponents of the bill counter that the students should not receive taxpayer subsidies after they came to the country illegally. "Why should the hard working taxpayers who play by the rules subsidize those who do not?" said state Rep. Marc Lombardo, R-Billerica. "The answer is, they shouldn't."

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/07/illegal_immigrants_rally_for_i.html

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.