Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Meet Alpha 2, the humanoid robot that can pretty much do everything around the house

6 posts in this topic

This little robot can do yoga, speak Spanish and tell you when it’s going to rain.

Meet UBTECH’s Alpha 2, a humanoid robot “designed for practical household service and companionship,” according to UBTECH’s release.

Alpha 2 can help the entire family. In the video below, you’ll see a variety of tasks the robot can take on, including telling you stories and handing you tools. It can also adjust everything in your home like lights and security systems, take pictures and post online, and more.

Right now, UBTECH is crowdfunding for the little ‘bot on Indiegogo. An early bird special of $500 will get you one to be delivered by February.

Apparently, many people want an Alpha 2 — it’s already almost halfway to its $100,000 funding goal with 31 days to go.

See the video on Alpha 2 below, but be warned — after watching this, you will probably want one.

<snip>

What I really want is the starship Enterprise which cleans itself and makes dinner instantly.

I'm also guessing that Alpha 2 can report everything within 50 yards to the authorities.

Can they get it do clean windows? Scoop dog poop? Cook? 

Come up with one like that and I'll find the money.

Pffft, they still haven't made the robots they promised us (35 years ago) we would have by now.  No surprise there.  I know what's involved in the hardware and software side of it and I know therefor who all these geeks still promising bots that will clean your house, etc, are smoking crack and reading too many sci-fi books.  Ain't gonna happen any time soon, not within our lifetimes for certain.

That "Alpha 2" thing is nothing but a gimmick; probably mildly entertaining at best.

4 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

Pffft, they still haven't made the robots they promised us (35 years ago) we would have by now.  No surprise there.  I know what's involved in the hardware and software side of it and I know therefor who all these geeks still promising bots that will clean your house, etc, are smoking crack and reading too many sci-fi books.  Ain't gonna happen any time soon, not within our lifetimes for certain.

That "Alpha 2" thing is nothing but a gimmick; probably mildly entertaining at best.

lol Remember the Amazon Echo?

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.