Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Solutions?

12 posts in this topic

The common theme of most CT boards is "doom", how to prepare for it, or how to prevent it. but the question rarely asked is, "What next?" What happens post-doom? Of course, that depends on the type of doom: a mild transition to globalism, "shock and awe" and annihilation, world-wide police state, etc. But if we had the opportunity to start over with human civilization, do we have any plans in place, any ideas on how to avoid doom repeating?

I wrote some thoughts along those lines about a year ago: link removed.

So what are your thoughts on the ideal society?

Edited by Cinnamon
advertising removed

1 minute ago, BlueHawK said:

Never eat the forbidden fruit? ;-)

Kinda late, but good advice. :cool:

I'd make all political positions pay so poorly that only those interested in serving others would bother to run. All they would get would be a male barracks and a female barracks to sleep in, a place to eat their meals which would be provided and showers. They'd have to provide their own towels, sheets, transportation and security. Can you imagine? lol  These spoiled politicians we have now would all quit on the spot and that would be a very good thing! 

The above only applies in the event there is another centralized govt. like D.C. 

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I'd make all political positions pay so poorly that only those interested in serving others would bother to run. All they would get would be a male barracks and a female barracks to sleep in, a place to eat their meals which would be provided and showers. They'd have to provide their own towels, sheets, transportation and security. Can you imagine? lol  These spoiled politicians we have now would all quit on the spot and that would be a very good thing! 

The above only applies in the event there is another centralized govt. like D.C. 

Exactly. They're supposed to be servants, not masters.

I know, this will be written off as a sound bite, but the answer is love. If we all treated eachother as the first commandment suggests, then everything else falls into line. Idk how ppl will react when shtf, but I for one, will continue to be the happy go lucky Jedi Knight I've always been. When they change ya, they won o.o This method would also work for the current state of afairs, no need to nuke the planet first. >.>

1 person likes this

Along with government/society issues, we'd also have to consider economics and education. Here are some thoughts on those:

links removed

Even if we never get to put any of this into practice, it's kind of a doom break to dream.

Edited by Cinnamon
advertising removed

14 hours ago, Challenger said:

The common theme of most CT boards is "doom", how to prepare for it, or how to prevent it. but the question rarely asked is, "What next?" What happens post-doom? Of course, that depends on the type of doom: a mild transition to globalism, "shock and awe" and annihilation, world-wide police state, etc. But if we had the opportunity to start over with human civilization, do we have any plans in place, any ideas on how to avoid doom repeating?

I wrote some thoughts along those lines about a year ago: http://witw.fether.net/?cf=government.

So what are your thoughts on the ideal society?

I have no faith in humanity's ability to learn from past mistakes. We are reliving past mistakes right now, and few people seem to care.

No, I don't see humans ever getting past their idiotic sense of entitlement to destroy the world around them for their immediate gratification. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

I have no faith in humanity's ability to learn from past mistakes. We are reliving past mistakes right now, and few people seem to care.

No, I don't see humans ever getting past their idiotic sense of entitlement to destroy the world around them for their immediate gratification. 

I have to agree. But like I said, it's nice sometimes to dream. And in my linked documents I conclude that only a moral people can have a peaceful world.

Sounds like you have accepted defeat OP?

There would be no need to start over if we just followed this one verse.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

1st Corinthians 6:18-20

So easy to comprehend, however almost impossible to implement.

6 minutes ago, rezz said:

Sounds like you have accepted defeat OP?

There would be no need to start over if we just followed this one verse.

So easy to comprehend, however almost impossible to implement.

I'm just being realistic. Though I would "die on my feet rather than live on my knees", we know that the final judgments are upon us and things will get worse before they get better.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.