Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Why Millennials Are Supporting Bernie Sanders & Donald Trump

1 post in this topic

Thanks to Ninja G for sharing - |  Ninja G - "I just read that Trump is winning 3 to 1 among millenials. I think this shows a growing trend here and across Europe, towards a kind of xenophobic nationalism. A strong backlash against the global trend towards multiculturalism promoted by those people you cant talk about. It's an interesting read."

The Rise Of Trump & Sanders - Distrust & Anger Ripples Across America

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 11/10/2015 17:30 -0500

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-10/why-millennials-are-supporting-bernie-sanders-donald-trump

Read the full article in the link above.

-

The ‘wasted generation’ may not bother voting, for good reason

One year from now, we’ll elect a new president. It’ll be the first opportunity for what I call the wasted generation to vote - not that many will bother. What do I mean by wasted generation?

I’m talking about the 15.6 million Americans born between 1995 and 1999 - the first generation of the post-World War II era to grow up in a land of diminished economic expectations, corrosive cynicism and institutional distrust.

Think about it. Born during the petty, partisan end of the Clinton era, they were barely out of their diapers when the towers fell on 9/11 and elementary, middle school and high schoolers while their country fought, at the same time, the two longest wars in its history. They came into the world just as their parents’ incomes were probably peaking — median wages, adjusted for inflation, topped out in 1998 and 1999 — and their Moms and Dads have since been squeezed by the two most devastating stock collapses since the Great Depression and a housing collapse of historic proportions. Now they’re heading off to college or already there, and can expect to rack up nearly $29,000 in debt before even graduating.

Older Americans may remember better times. But for this group—and tens of millions born after them—it’s all they’ve known. Cynicism, war, economic stagnation—this is their “normal.” This is what we have bequeathed them. Is it any wonder polls show that young Americans don’t trust government or big corporations? They don’t trust organized religion. They don’t trust us—the media—either, and I don’t blame them.

They don’t trust the financial system, either. When you’re 20 and have a 40-to-50 year investment horizon, you should be plowing cash into stocks—but when the market crashes 50% like it did between March 1999 and October 2002—only to be eclipsed just five later by a 57% bloodbath, it makes it easier to understand their skittishness. No surprise, then, that anti-establishment candidates like Democrat Bernie “the markets are rigged” Sanders and Republican Donald “make America great again” Trump are popular with this young, emerging slice of the electorate.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.