Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Egypt cries conspiracy.....again

4 posts in this topic

Egypt's press is calling out the west for promoting the conspiracy theory that the Russian airliner was downed by a bomb.

"CAIRO (AP) — Egyptian media have reacted with fury as Britain and the United States increasingly point to a bomb as the cause of the Oct. 31 Russian plane crash in Sinai, with many outlets hammering home the same message: Egypt is facing a Western conspiracy that seeks to scare off tourists and destroy the country's economy.

The warnings of a plot have been widely promoted by opinion-makers in print, online, and on TV, sometimes hinting and sometimes saying flat-out that the West has restricted flights to Egypt not purely out of safety concerns for its citizens but because it wants to undermine the country or prevent President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi from making Egypt too strong.

And though they seem wild, these conspiracy theories have apparently tapped into the Egyptian mindset — so much so that when Russia last Friday grounded all flights to Egypt, some media speculated that Moscow had fallen victim to British pressure and manipulation."

Too funny, it goes on-

"Conspiracy theories often run rampant in the Middle East for a variety of reasons — poor education, suspicion of others, a lack of government transparency, limitations on speech, and the historical fact that powers inside and outside the region do often work behind the scenes to sway events and conflicts. Often, the theories are politically fueled.

Taha said the rhetoric is the "standard fallback" for the state. Private citizens, she said, likely wouldn't have come up with the conspiracy theories on their own, "but they're very likely to adopt what state media is saying."

Egypt's media often point to "foreign hands" amid crises."

It's an AP story, I read it here- http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2015/11/10/in-egypt-angry-talk-of-western-conspiracy-over-plane-crash

The thing they seem to not be able to figure out is who is investigating. They seem to think Russia is not investigating, and that the US is investigating. Russia and UK are the main investigations, along with Egypt. US does not fly much to that area, so took a backseat to UK, who flies there regularly. 

Yes that's one of those string of disasters I was referring too. And no one has a clue, no explosive residue found, seems more than just blips to me. It just seems a little odd that there is no conclusive evidence for these crashes.

8 minutes ago, WhiteHorse said:

Yes that's one of those string of disasters I was referring too. And no one has a clue, no explosive residue found, seems more than just blips to me. It just seems a little odd that there is no conclusive evidence for these crashes.

But Fox and CNN are running with"it was MOST likely a bomb".And now they wanna ramp up u.s airliners security.MSM is saying that MOST likely it was a person who worked for an airliner.An "inside job".O No Americans shouldnt fly now because of people working for TSA and the airports are planting bombs on planes!!

7 minutes ago, yaknow said:

But Fox and CNN are running with"it was MOST likely a bomb".And now they wanna ramp up u.s airliners security.MSM is saying that MOST likely it was a person who worked for an airliner.An "inside job".O No Americans shouldnt fly now because of people working for TSA and the airports are planting bombs on planes!!

That's just ratings salesman talk. Ya know how it goes ya know, if you don't know what happened make a bunch of crap up, at least the crap storm will generate a good story.  

I know this day and age you couldn't get me on a plane, not because I'm scared but because I'm smart. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.