Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Belgian court orders Facebook to stop tracking non-members

5 posts in this topic

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/11/10/437000/Facebook-Belgium-Internet-US-Cookie

A court in Belgium has ordered Facebook to stop tracking the country's Internet users who are not members of the US-based social networking website.

"Today the judge... ordered the social network Facebook to stop tracking and registering Internet usage by people who surf the Internet in Belgium in the 48 hours which follow this statement," the court said on Monday.

The ruling follows a case lodged in June by the Belgian Privacy Commission, which said Facebook indiscriminately tracks Internet users when they click "like" or "share" on the website, or when they visit Facebook pages even if they do not have accounts with the website, according to the court.

"If Facebook ignores this order it must pay a fine of 250,000 euros (269,000 dollars) a day to the Belgian Privacy Commission," the court noted.

It also said the networking site uses a special cookie called "datr" that lodges on Internet users’ device to track their activities.

<snip>

It would be a better ruling if fuckface had to pay the money over to the people it tracks.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

It would be a better ruling if fuckface had to pay the money over to the people it tracks.

That would mean the world worked. 

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

I just "liked" your post and I'm sure I'm being tracked. :chuckle:

The peasants are never compensated for being hacked.

1 hour ago, YourMom2 said:

I just "liked" your post and I'm sure I'm being tracked. :chuckle:

The peasants are never compensated for being hacked.

the peasants haven't figured out how to win a case yet

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.