Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Store Closings Index 2015 of Largest US Brick-and-Mortar Retail Chains

13 posts in this topic

Aeropostale, Gap, Coach, jcpenney, and Kmart are just some of the U.S. brick-and-mortar retail chains with a prominent position on the
2015 Store Closings Index.  This 2015 Store Closings Index is filled with the names of the
largest U.S. based retail chains and retail
restaurant chains
 that are downsizing their presence in physical retailing within and beyond the borders of the United States of America.

In 2015, some retail chains like Bottom Dollar Food, Deb Shops, and Body Central are closing stores in connection with a bankruptcy
filing, and will be going out of business forever in 2015.

Read More: http://retailindustry.about.com/od/USRetailStoreClosingInfoFAQs/fl/All-2015-Store-Closings-Stores-Closed-by-US-Retail-Industry-Chains_4.htm

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Top Store Closings:

1,784 Radio Shack (Chapter 11 bankruptcy)
Click here for a state-by-state list of Radio Shack store closing locations >>

400 Office Depot / Office Max (by 2016)

340 Dollar Tree/Family Dollar

338 Wet Seal

300 Deb Shops

265 Body Central / Body Shop

250 Office Depot (2015)

225 Staples (through 2015)

223 Barnes & Noble (through 2023)

200 Children’s Place (through 2017)

200 Walgreens (by 2017)

180 Abercrombie & Fitch (by 2015)

175 Aeropostale (“over the next several years”)

170 Jones Group (by mid-2014 )

150 American Eagle Outfitters (through 2017)

133 Target, Canada (bankruptcy)

127 Jones New York Outlet

120 Chico’s (through 2017)

100 Pier One (through 2017)

This is what they want all the 18-25 yr olds out of work, to stir up more trouble

Another US Retailer To Close 243 stores

Less than a month after filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Birmingham-based Simply Fashion owners have announced the impending closure of 243 stores nationwide.
-----
Founded in 1987, the chain had grown at one point to over 250 locations across 25 states, with over 1,300 employees.

http://govtslaves.info/another-us-retailer-to-close-243-stores/

Will all of these closures have a ripple effect on the third world countries that produce all these goods that are imported and sold in America?  They won't escape losing all this business unscathed.

I know a lot more people shop online than ever before, so it would be interesting to see how much of these larger chains are closing brick and mortars and expanding their online presences. (Other than the ones filing for bankruptcy and completely going out of business.) I wonder if any of these businesses are reorganizing via bankruptcy courts.

Will all of these closures have a ripple effect on the third world countries that produce all these goods that are imported and sold in America?  They won't escape losing all this business unscathed.

I know a lot more people shop online than ever before, so it would be interesting to see how much of these larger chains are closing brick and mortars and expanding their online presences. (Other than the ones filing for bankruptcy and completely going out of business.) I wonder if any of these businesses are reorganizing via bankruptcy courts.

​Don't be fooled, online businesses are having it just as bad, and even big online businesses like ebay and
Amazon are beginning to struggle! Sell your shit now. It'll only get worse!

Yet we are told that jobs picked up. How can this be, unless numbers are "adjusted" by government employees?

Friday, May 8, 2015

Technical information: Household data: (202) 691-6378 * cpsinfo@bls.gov * www.bls.gov/cps Establishment data: (202) 691-6555 * cesinfo@bls.gov * www.bls.gov/ces Media contact: (202) 691-5902 * PressOffice@bls.gov

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- APRIL 2015 Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 223,000 in April, and the unemployment rate was essentially unchanged at 5.4 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Job gains occurred in professional and business services, health care, and construction. Mining employment continued to decline. 

​A lot of retail stores are owned by the same company. Gap for example also owns Banana Republic, Old Navy, PiperlimeAthleta and INTERMIX – almost 3,700 stores and more than 150,000 employees.
Most of their products are made in Bangladesh. They even brag about it on their website.

"We believe in taking action to improve the lives of garment workers. We are proud to be a founding member of the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety.
Together with local Bangladeshis, workers and other retailers — the Alliance is supporting efforts to drive lasting, positive impact for Bangladeshi garment workers, the garment industry and the country's economy."
http://www.gapinc.com/content/gapinc/html/social_responsibility/bangladesh.html

I do most all clothing shopping on line now.
I can't remember the last time I went to the mall.
And I generally don't buy from low end chain stores.
The quality doesn't justify the price anymore.

​Don't be fooled, online businesses are having it just as bad, and even big online businesses like ebay andAmazon are beginning to struggle! Sell your shit now. It'll only get worse!

​people don't have much money to spend according to Nomi Prins

GAP Makes The List of Retailers Facing Extinction

The fashion retailer reported another quarter of weak sales at its namesake brand, suggesting Gap’s turnaround could take longer than expected.

For many Americans, Gap Inc.’s GPS -3.41% namesake stores were once a go-to shopping destination for t-shirts and jeans.

But now the Gap brand is in a deep funk that only seems to be worsening because of fashion miscues and nimble rivals that have eaten into its business.

On Monday, Gap’s parent company provided the latest evidence of the chain’s struggles by reporting that comparable sales fell 10% last quarter. It was the fifth straight quarterly decline, and the worstperformance since late 2011.

http://govtslaves.info/gap-makes-the-list-of-retailers-facing-extinction/

Looks like there will be a lot of Bangladeshi garment slaves out of work too. 
You are right Cinnamon it could have an affect on third world workers as well.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.