Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Ban Hammers!

20 posts in this topic

This story brings a whole new meaning to "getting hammered." 

First they ban guns, then knives, then hammers, scissors, screwdrivers, baseball bats, golf clubs, etc. Where will it end?  If someone wants to kill, anything and everything can be used as a weapon. A person who goes on a rampage with a hammer is most likely hammered themselves. Maybe we should address the mental health and drug problems first, rather than attempting to ban everything that can be used as a weapon.

There are going to be people who will argue that the police used excessive force by shooting a guy armed with a hammer. If I had some crazed guy coming at me with a knife and a hammer, I probably would have shot him too if a firearm was the only weapon at my disposal.  Maybe we need to invent a less lethal weapon that shoots mace and tranquilizer darts to subdue the crazies who don't have a gun?

Police shoot, kill suspect who attacked family with hammer

LAKESHIRE, Mo. -- A suspect accused of attacking his sister and nephew with a hammer was killed overnight in an officer-involved shooting.

The St. Louis County Police Department says it received a call at 10:41 Thursday night from a female screaming for help, saying she had a small child with her and the child's mother had been stabbed. The caller said the child was bleeding badly.

When officers arrived at the home in the 10100 block of Puttington, they found the mother lying in the doorway of her apartment. The suspect, a 30-year-old man, came out of the apartment, armed with a hammer. When officers demanded he drop the weapon, they say the suspect charged at them with it.

One of the officers fired two shots at the suspect, causing him to fall. He stood up seconds later and raised the hammer over his head, threatening the officers, and charged at an officer. That officer fired six shots at the suspect, who was taken to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.

More:

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2015/11/06/police-shoot-kill-suspect-who-attacked-woman-child-with-hammer/75280458/

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

I tried to tell ya! Won't someone think of the children!

Thats the only thing that keeps me going.my children!this is personal but i have tried to commit suicide,not some attention whore way!!i was ready to die!!and i "technicaly" died for 8 seconds.if thats even possible!!if i succeeded i wouldnt have had my children and thats what i live for.that isy purpose.to show my children not just how awesome life can be,but how fucked up this world is and it isnt suppose to be this way!!they no more at there age than any kids in there school and the school is starting to take notice.i really believe if my kids were not straight A students(they get Bs once ina while)they would try to call dss on me.but I WILL NOT LET MY KIDS WALK THE PATH OF LIFE BLINDFOLDED!!

6 minutes ago, yaknow said:

Thats the only thing that keeps me going.my children!this is personal but i have tried to commit suicide,not some attention whore way!!i was ready to die!!and i "technicaly" died for 8 seconds.if thats even possible!!if i succeeded i wouldnt have had my children and thats what i live for.that isy purpose.to show my children not just how awesome life can be,but how fucked up this world is and it isnt suppose to be this way!!they no more at there age than any kids in there school and the school is starting to take notice.i really believe if my kids were not straight A students(they get Bs once ina while)they would try to call dss on me.but I WILL NOT LET MY KIDS WALK THE PATH OF LIFE BLINDFOLDED!!

It's a fucked up world when you gotta worry about the government designed to protect and serve you might steal your children. That said, it's a valid fear. Been down that road. It's a hard road. Jesus only reason I made it. No lie.

9 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

It's a fucked up world when you gotta worry about the government designed to protect and serve you might steal your children. That said, it's a valid fear. Been down that road. It's a hard road. Jesus only reason I made it. No lie.

I am starting to read the bible.i mite beleive in FE,aliens,anything!!but it cant hurt to read a book that has helped many people.even if i think its bullshit.im not saying i do.no arguing.i am just looking for some guidence within!!!

4 hours ago, CGK said:

This story brings a whole new meaning to "getting hammered." 

First they ban guns, then knives, then hammers, scissors, screwdrivers, baseball bats, golf clubs, etc. Where will it end?  If someone wants to kill, anything and everything can be used as a weapon. A person who goes on a rampage with a hammer is most likely hammered themselves. Maybe we should address the mental health and drug problems first, rather than attempting to ban everything that can be used as a weapon.

There are going to be people who will argue that the police used excessive force by shooting a guy armed with a hammer. If I had some crazed guy coming at me with a knife and a hammer, I probably would have shot him too if a firearm was the only weapon at my disposal.  Maybe we need to invent a less lethal weapon that shoots mace and tranquilizer darts to subdue the crazies who don't have a gun?

Police shoot, kill suspect who attacked family with hammer

LAKESHIRE, Mo. -- A suspect accused of attacking his sister and nephew with a hammer was killed overnight in an officer-involved shooting.

The St. Louis County Police Department says it received a call at 10:41 Thursday night from a female screaming for help, saying she had a small child with her and the child's mother had been stabbed. The caller said the child was bleeding badly.

When officers arrived at the home in the 10100 block of Puttington, they found the mother lying in the doorway of her apartment. The suspect, a 30-year-old man, came out of the apartment, armed with a hammer. When officers demanded he drop the weapon, they say the suspect charged at them with it.

One of the officers fired two shots at the suspect, causing him to fall. He stood up seconds later and raised the hammer over his head, threatening the officers, and charged at an officer. That officer fired six shots at the suspect, who was taken to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.

More:

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2015/11/06/police-shoot-kill-suspect-who-attacked-woman-child-with-hammer/75280458/

Ban forks=no fat people

Ban cars=No traffic death

Ban hands=no strangling deaths

Ban crime=no criminals,wait what none of this makes sense.EXACTLY!!!

9 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I am starting to read the bible.i mite beleive in FE,aliens,anything!!but it cant hurt to read a book that has helped many people.even if i think its bullshit.im not saying i do.no arguing.i am just looking for some guidence within!!!

I don't blame you for being suspicious Since the first day, the enemy has used the word, twisted it, and made it to where people like you are unsure of it. It's not your doing. It's Satan's. Idk about things like FE. Possible. Provable in some tests, like 200+. So, idk, maybe. Maybe it really all is a flying turtle in space *shrugs* idk. But I do know this, Jesus is real, and he is Messiah. He was born a virgin, died for all our sins. Then rose three days later, to chill with the homies. Yours, mine, the full of it. And people will ask me, "Why would God need anyone to die for my sins?" Because God is pure in existance, and can not cohabitate with sin.  But his word can. Thus, the point of Jesus, and how He insured to garner our attention makes more sense, because it's both violent, and impossible. Virgin births? Resurrections? You must observe faithful belief to accept these kinda things as a truth. I do, no lie. I know it to be true. And I hope everyone sees that truth. That said, I don't think God sends people to hell because they were born in the wrong part of the world. Born in Iran, I'd be as fevorant for Allah, ya know? So we gotta realize how blessed we are and to appreciate how the Lord choses to communicate with us, because again, his Word can be with us while we exist in Sin, and we wants our Soul, free from the sins of the flesh to kick it with him. But don't take a shortcut, because we all have work to do first. it's important stuff, and we were chosen by the literal creator to get it done. We are the potter's hands, if we chose to be. ^.^ God bless you my friend, and ban crime lol I like that one.

We should just ban crimes, then no one could be a criminal e.e

Edited by Last1oftheJedi

As a self defense instructor I tell people this all the time. "If a person has intent it doesn't matter the tool." Any thing and I do mean anything can be used as a weapon. Heck roll up a fairly thick magazine into a tight roll and you can beat the hell outa someone with it. Besides hammers and knives kill more than guns every year but yet they want to ban the gun. :1XqXnoz:

Just now, Groove said:

As a self defense instructor I tell people this all the time. "If a person has intent it doesn't matter the tool." Any thing and I do mean anything can be used as a weapon. Heck roll up a fairly thick magazine into a tight roll and you can beat the hell outa someone with it. Besides hammers and knives kill more than guns every year but yet they want to ban the gun. :1XqXnoz:

I'm guessing it's because guns are distance weapons. Of course, archery is a fine sport...

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

I'm guessing it's because guns are distance weapons. Of course, archery is a fine sport...

Nah libs just like the sound of their voice when they try to speak gun. Lol. 

Just now, Groove said:

Nah libs just like the sound of their voice when they try to speak gun. Lol. 

:chuckle:

Yeah, if a kid bites their sandwich into the shape of a mace or sword or slingshot, that's just creativity. But the G word... scarrrry!

1 minute ago, Challenger said:

:chuckle:

Yeah, if a kid bites their sandwich into the shape of a mace or sword or slingshot, that's just creativity. But the G word... scarrrry!

Knives and hammers and Guns oh my 

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.