Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

The Big Business of Selling Disease

10 posts in this topic

If you watch television I’m sure you have noticed that every commercial break contains at least one drug peddling, pharmaceutical commercial.

Do you have restless leg syndrome, overactive bladder, heartburn, depression, erectile dysfunction, sleep disorder, high cholesterol or weight gain? Ask your doctor about drug “XYZ.” You don’t need to suffer needlessly any more. We have a pill for whatever ails you!

Pharmaceutical companies lead us to believe heartburn, depression, ED, weight gain, cholesterol etc. are “diseases” that can be easily cured with drugs. In reality, these so called “diseases” are symptoms of an unhealthy lifestyle. Drugs will mask the symptoms, but will not cure the “disease.” Remember, there is no money to be made if a disease is cured. Money can only be made through treatment.

A countless number of doctors will never admit that personal life choices are causing most illness due to the perks Doctors receive from pharmaceutical companies. Doctors get free drug samples to hand out like candy on Halloween, trips to exotic destinations for sponsored seminars, sporting event and concert tickets, expensive dinners, spa treatments, etc. Many doctors are in bed with big Pharma, and YOU the consumer, get to pay for their bed sheets.

Can you imagine the impact it would have if doctors prescribed this sort of advice instead of a prescription drug?

Heartburn - Stop eating junk food. Don’t go to bed on a full stomach. Lose weight. Eat more fermented foods that contain vinegar, take ginger, papaya or peppermint after meals.

Sleep Disorder - Get more exercise. Don’t sleep with your cell phone. Turn off electronics an hour before you want to fall asleep, dim the lights, read a book, count backwards from 100 or meditate. Have cup of chamomile tea, take some Melatonin, Hops or Valerian before bedtime.

Weight Gain - Crap in and crap out. Cut your calories, get off your butt and exercise.

Overactive Bladder - Cut back on caffeine, alcohol, artificial sweeteners and lose weight.

Erectile Dysfunction- Lose weight to control contributing factors like high blood pressure and diabetes. Do I dare say this? Try another partner because the problem might be in your head. (LOL)

If any MD prescribed the above “treatments” on a consistent basis, I’m sure they would be slapped with a malpractice suit and have their medical license revoked under pressure from the Pharmaceutical Mafia.

Selling “disease” is big business. In 2014 pharmaceutical companies spent $4.5 billion dollars pushing pills in direct-to-consumer advertisements. Consumers spent $374 billion on prescription medications. That’s a great return on investment in anyone’s book.

According to this article published by the Biopharmaceutical Research Industry:
http://www.phrma.org/sites/default/files/pdf/2015_phrma_profile.pdf

“America’s biopharmaceutical companies support the jobs of 3.4 million American men and women - more than 810,000 of them directly. The economic output of their work is valued at nearly $800 billion every year.”

If the above statement is true, curing diseases would cause economic collapse, massive unemployment and create a lot of healthy people who will live well beyond their prescribed expiration date.

I guess this sheds a bit of light on why the Government allows pill pushing on TV and silences Physicians who dare practice Alternative Medicine. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Government is actually creating subliminal messages for the pharmaceutical companies and feeding the messages to the consumer through their television sets.

Now be a good American, turn on your television, sit on your butt, pay close attention to commercials, visit your doctor often, consume lots of pills, get immunized, and don’t forget your flu shot.

Take your children to the Doctor for “Well Child Checks” because as a parent, you are too stupid to know if your child is well or not. It’s imperative to get children into the pharmaceutical brainwashing system as soon as possible.

If the sheep ever figure out what is going on, the house of cards will fall!

One more reason they needed to get rid of JFK was because he wanted to have a healthy America. Not a bunch of drug dependent couch warmers. My school participated in JFK's President's Council on Youth Fitness. I still have the certificate that I passed the Presidents physical fitness test. It was like a badge of courage. I had to work very hard to accomplish the "chin up" portion of the test. If you couldn't pass the test you didn't get a certificate. Back in the old days, not everyone was a winner. (LOL)

Here is a video from someone who is making a movie about JFK's fitness plan. It would be a much better idea to inspire our children to get into good physical shape rather than promote the Michelle O crap lunch plan. Oh wait, we cant change things. If we ask kids to exercise that would be considered child abuse in the world we live in today. Besides, If the next generation are strong and healthy they wont need big Pharma and the country will implode. Never mind.....

Here is an article from the JFK library.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/JFK/JFK-in-History/Physical-Fitness.aspx

Although the council did not have the authority to impose a national program, it developed and promoted a curriculum to improve fitness. The council's fitness curriculum was devised with the cooperation of nineteen major US educational and medical organizations. Two hundred thousand copies were distributed at no cost and another 40,000 were sold. The council engaged in a sweeping drive to achieve widespread participation in the program for the 1961–1962 school year. A core group of almost a quarter of a million schoolchildren took part in pilot projects in six states. At the end of the year, half again as many students passed a physical fitness test as had a year earlier. Furthermore, there was a general improvement of physical education programs around the country.

1 person likes this

Shamelessly bumping my own thread. I can't believe that no one has anything to say about this topic!  Maybe it's of no interest to anyone but me because people are comfortably numb and could care less.

:bump4:

Hmm...some of the commercials are....snake oil salesman. 

I thought it was the other way around.  We have a cure for a disease that doesn't even exist yet.

Of course, right now it's the illegals coming across the border, and the ebola hide the real epidemic scare that's being sold right now.

Edited by counterintelligence

12 hours ago, counterintelligence said:

Hmm...some of the commercials are....snake oil salesman. 

I thought it was the other way around.  We have a cure for a disease that doesn't even exist yet.

Of course, right now it's the illegals coming across the border, and the ebola hide the real epidemic scare that's being sold right now.

If you're not sure if snake oil is right for you, see your doctor who will prescribe another version of snake oil on top of the snake oil you're already taking.

Medicine is a racket just like all the other mob rackets in the corporate and government world.

9 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

If you're not sure if snake oil is right for you, see your doctor who will prescribe another version of snake oil on top of the snake oil you're already taking.

Medicine is a racket just like all the other mob rackets in the corporate and government world.

I had a relative that was on a medication, but to counter the effects of that we need to add more medication.  When they went to the ER for that, they found they didn't need any of it.  Then the medicare jerk wanted to kick them out of ER while they were still down, because they don't want to have to spend extra money on hospital if they don't have to.  So much for the stupid medicare/0bamacare/etc.  You may find yourself in the middle of the street so that they don't have to pay for it. 

CGK, this is an awesome article and has the total ring of truth to it. I know someone who had diabetes and changed their food and exercise, they're now off all medication. I know another person who told me that's too difficult, they'd rather just take a pill and eat whatever they want. They won't do any exercise either. They're exactly what you described in your article.  It's really frightening to me to think that one day that person will go from pills to insulin injections, those will increase over time. Eventually they will die a terrible death because of their life style and dependence on the medical industry. This is sad as hell!

Great Piece, Converted to an article. On our forum and put out in several places.

The soul sucking Lunesta commercial creeps me out. 

They know how dangerous these drugs are and they warn people in the ads.
Yet so many take them without question because if a doctor says it's okay it must be.

I know someone who takes a drug for migraines.
One of side effects mimics anxiety so they take a drug for that.
One of the side of that interrupts sleep so they take a drug for that.
Then they have trouble staying awake so they drink coffee all day.
Which can be a cause of... migraines.
:JSfrXsb:

On my healthcare benefits through my employer there was some disclaimer if you decided not to take it that says that your employer didn't try to strong arm you into making your decision not to enroll in the government's more than generous healthcare plan (that most likely won't pay off).  It's more likely that the money for ACA/0bamadeath is going into the general fund and not for healthcare.  So I'd like to see a disclaimer that is for our Congressman that says something like our leaders didn't strongarm us into buying healthcare insurance from the government.  Let's see how many dipshits sign off on that. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.