Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Cops Now Stealing Your Stuff to ‘Protect You’ from People Who Might Steal Your Stuff

6 posts in this topic

Cops Now Stealing Your Stuff to ‘Protect You’ from People Who Might Steal Your Stuff

By Matt Agorist on November 3, 2015

New Haven, CT — In a ridiculous move, ostensibly designed to protect citizens from theft, the New Haven police department has begun stealing things from innocent individuals.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-legally-stealing-stuff-protect-thieves-stealing-stuff/#yJzFEajPGeuaWCEm.99

Rights? What rights? Your 'parents', the State, must 'childproof' your car so you don't cry.

I hope the locals get rid of these cops. This is the kind of thing that can be taken care of swiftly and satisfactorily if the people get together and tell them they're not going to stand for it. How ridiculous. I'd sue them for emotional distress if they stole my stuff and then told me they had it. Hmmm... I'll bet they didn't think about that, now did they? And I'll bet their "caretaker" law hasn't been tested in court yet either.

When will they start entering houses and stealing their stuff from there because they left their doors unlocked?

According to Lt. Herbert Sharp of the NHPD, police are now taking private property from unlocked cars and bringing it to the station. This, of course, is done so to “deter theft.”

Sharp assures the public that when his officers are opening the door to your property and removing your belongings, with no search warrant and no probable cause, that this is 100 percent legal. “It’s called a caretaker,” explains Sharp.

WTF??? Since when is it their job to peek into vehicles and determine value of objects inside? If you leave your car unlocked with gold bars in the front seat then that's your business, not that of the police.

6 hours ago, CSB said:

By Matt Agorist on November 3, 2015

New Haven, CT — In a ridiculous move, ostensibly designed to protect citizens from theft, the New Haven police department has begun stealing things from innocent individuals.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-legally-stealing-stuff-protect-thieves-stealing-stuff/#yJzFEajPGeuaWCEm.99

Not really anything new is it? police seize all sorts of things from people on patrol or so i hear.

Routine stops have often resulted in asset forfeiture.  So much for protecting us from ourselves.  It's the same old racketeering job. 

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.